Manspreading

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess not all men have balls.

My balls assum a vertical formation if I need to skueeze my legs. I can handle it for no more then 10 minutes. Longer then that drives me nuts.

For some unknown reason it's always my right nut on top. I must be right tes·ti·cle dominant.

Let's not forget that the spermicide needs to be at a lower temperature then the body. You don't want to spoil the reserves in case a opportunity to procreate suddenly appeared.

Edited by Freddy

Marketing & advertising begs to differ. They have spent millions into study , to annualize humans and understand us. They concluded we are exactly that. " Irredeemable animals, constantly fighting our inner most primitive urges at every turn."

They have refined it into a science and use it to influence us everyday. And it works.

Influence is socialization. You're not born with the desire to buy insurance.

Your basic instinctual fears are used to sell insurance everyday.

Yes, socialization involves channelling instincts, no argument from me there. One instinct we have is to be part of the clan, to conform to our group. I can't think of another reason that people could convince others to do things that aren't in their interest. The Jonestown Massacre comes to mind as an extreme example.

Yes, socialization involves channelling instincts, no argument from me there. One instinct we have is to be part of the clan, to conform to our group. I can't think of another reason that people could convince others to do things that aren't in their interest. The Jonestown Massacre comes to mind as an extreme example.

Instincts > socialization.

It sounds too me, like most people, you are unaware of your instincts. I'm not really surprised. It's not something most people reflect on very often.

What a retarded thread. If your legs are spread wide enough that you're taking up seating for 2 or 3 people while others are standing, you're being a prick. Knock it off. Your nuts aren't that big.

-k

What a retarded thread. If your legs are spread wide enough that you're taking up seating for 2 or 3 people while others are standing, you're being a prick. Knock it off. Your nuts aren't that big.

-k

Taking up three full seats is crazy, sure. But spreading partway into each of the seat spaces on either side of you is not. That said, in such scenarios, I'd rather be the one standing anyway.

-k

Exactly. It's being inconsiderate. But being inconsiderate isn't associate with one particular gender.

Exactly. It's being inconsiderate. But being inconsiderate isn't associate with one particular gender.

"one particular gender"? Why so defensive... so uber-sensitive, hey chum? I just read this reeediculous thread and didn't realize it was making your/that particular distinction. Perhaps you need to "even the score" and put forward examples of your perceived inconsiderate females. Please do... it could be highly entertaining.

"one particular gender"? Why so defensive... so uber-sensitive, hey chum? I just read this reeediculous thread and didn't realize it was making your/that particular distinction. Perhaps you need to "even the score" and put forward examples of your perceived inconsiderate females. Please do... it could be highly entertaining.

No need to. All people can be inconsiderate. Even non-whites and non-males!

No need to. All people can be inconsiderate. Even non-whites and non-males!

it's just an example... quit your whining and being so sensitive/defensive! C'mon... again, with your quoted earlier post distinction you made on "male gender oppression", let's read some of your concerned examples of "inconsiderate females". Let er rip, hey Shady!

If there is such a thing as "womanspreading", I believe it would be defined as filling the seats next to you with your purse and shopping bags so that others can not sit there. I used to see this quite often when I rode public transit regularly, and found it just as obnoxious as "manspreading". I am sure it was equally deliberate as well.

-k

quit your whining and being so sensitive/defensive!

Don't you just love the double standard. 'We need to be sensitive about other people's feelings.' Then 'How dare white males complain about anything! They aren't allowed to be sensitive of have feelings!'

If there is such a thing as "womanspreading"

Then why not call it human spreading or just being inconsiderate? The term was started by feminists on tumblr that viewed men having their legs apart as displaying their genitals to spread 'rape culture' and oppress women. They then went on to publically shame men online for having genitals. And no reasonable definition of manspreading is accepted by these extremists, just if you have your legs apart slightly.

Is this manspreading (you may recognize the actor from game of thrones)?

article-2425018-1BE886A1000005DC-90_634x

Apparently its such a feminist protest that I've never heard of it.

I think the problem is that the douche is still doing it when the subway/bus fills up. "Women don't need ball room....but my testes do.....ladies cross the legs already."

This kind of assinine attitude is why our society is going down the crapper today! In the old days, it would have been simple manners that prevented you from taking up more space than you are entitled to.

When I first came across this concept of "manspreading" I asked my wife what this was all about, and she was already familiar enough with the phenomena whether or not she heard the title before. She spends more time on public transit than I do, and like so many other women have had to deal with guys sitting on bus or a train with their arms extended and legs extended so that they are taking up three seats.

Some of the pictures I've seen posted on this are clearly acts of aggression. The clown...especially if it's a teenager or 20 sumthin, is already letting you know that you have to be ready to fight if you tell him to move or that he's taking up too much space. I know, I've had to deal with situations that could have ended up with fists swinging all because some jackass wants to impose his will on others...especially females who have to sit near him on public transit.

It's simple enough. The space that should be occupied by a transit rider is implied by imaginary lines drawn from the seat to points where they meet those same lines drawn from the other seats. Anyone outside those lines is being a jerk. I think quite often the imposition is a direct challenge. Someone just wants to fight.

When I was younger and in good health I would never sit if there were a large number of people taking the train. I believed that the very young, the old and the infirm should get priority. I am now in my autumnal years with an obvious and visible difficulty in mobility. We now live in a town in Southern Ontario and find the vast, vast majority of strangers going out of their way to make my existence a little easier and safer.

I suggest the term used to describe this phenomena not be "man"speading but selfishspreading, jerkspreading or jackassspreading. A real "man" would never do something that moronic to create discomfort or problems for strangers.

Don't you just love the double standard. 'We need to be sensitive about other people's feelings.' Then 'How dare white males complain about anything! They aren't allowed to be sensitive of have feelings!'

as you're offering this nugget in reply to a quote of mine... I fully acknowledge your sensitivity and feelings over your apparent manhood-spreading oppression!