Feminism has destroyed more lives than it's advanced.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have yourself one of those feminist that will likely leave you if you don't do as you're told Black Dog. ;)

My partner of 12 years is a proud feminist who has taught me a lot about valuing women and the importance of communicating in a relationship.You seemed to be misinformed by too much mainstream TV and wrongheaded notions about intrinsic differences between the sexes.

Let's examine what I guess I take to be facts.

Ok.

First, one income households used to be the norm. Now two income households seem to be necessary. Yet these two income households are no better off financially than the one income households used to be.

This needs a cite. It's not an opinion you're stating here, it's a fact.

That's sad, and it will lead to all kinds of societal problems which include rising loneliness, suicide, etc.

An opinion, but still there are likely studies that address the question.

Third. There are way less kids now. Women are not having kids in large part because they're not in stable, long-term relationships, and because they're working, and because they can't afford to have many kids since they can't do without that additional income, and/or the cost and availability of child care.

Pretty obvious but yes a cite could back this up.

Do you think any of these need to be substantially proven with cites?

As per my note.

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Has feminism benefited more than the very few? It was touted as the way to free women from the confines of their drudgery, to let them have fufilling careers and expand their world views. And for some few women it has done exactly that. We have women in ever profession now. But those are the few. Like men, what most women found in the workplace wasn't a career but a dull job with few prospects that was entirely unfulfilling. It allows a minorit of women to flourish while the rest simply exchanged one form of drudgery for another.

I couldn't agree more, Scotty. Let's bring back slavery too!

My partner of 12 years is a proud feminist who has taught me a lot about valuing women and the importance of communicating in a relationship.You seemed to be misinformed by too much mainstream TV and wrongheaded notions about intrinsic differences between the sexes.

im happy for you you're listening to her, she will likely not leave you as a result.

As for:

Difference between sexes

It is a fact.

Hormones in males stimulate better physical performance.

Hormones in females stimulate stronger emotions.

Proof. Women at Olympic can't compete with men.

Proof. Women remember being hurt emotionally for a lifetime.

im happy for you you're listening to her, she will likely not leave you as a result.

And she listens to me as well. Communication!

As for:

Difference between sexes

It is a fact.

Let's be clear: there are genuine differences between the sexes. The bolded here are not among them. In short: it's horsecrap.

And she listens to me as well. Communication!

Let's be clear: there are genuine differences between the sexes. The bolded here are not among them. In short: it's horsecrap.

So you admit there are differences between the sexes.

I'm starting to like you Freddy. :)

But in fairness ... most men have evolved too.

There's just a few here who haven't.

It's true, I like the idea of supporting my wife and children It's a sense of pride for me. If that makes me obsolete, then so be it.

As for:

Difference between sexes

It is a fact.

There are physical differences too: Men's forearm muscles are inserted on the bone differently, such that they are much better able to open heavy doors and windows, lift weight, etc.

And women's hips carry children better. :)

(I can't believe we're still having this conversation.)

So do men.

Nobody forgets someone they can't trust in some way.

It's true, I like the idea of supporting my wife and children It's a sense of pride for me. If that makes me obsolete, then so be it.

No.

It makes all of us people of free choice.

The thread title is unnecessarily divisive.

Edited by jacee

There are physical differences too: Men's forearm muscles are inserted on the bone differently, such that they are much better able to open heavy doors and windows, lift weight, etc.

And women's hips carry children better. :)

(I can't believe we're still having this conversation.)

So do men.

Nobody forgets someone they can't trust in some way.

I have no way of proving it, but I'm pretty sure women have stronger emotional capacity. I think it's function is to help with the difficulty of careing for a newborn. I remember reading something about that in a national geographic article. Bonding and loving the baby. Edited by Freddy

All kinds of complementary characteristics.

And free choice.

I rather play to my strengths and have a partner with strengths that compliment my weakness's

Not a partner with a chip on her shoulder always out to prove something.

When women are equal to men in the work place moneywise, then the human race has made a step forward. Stop and think about it, MAN, especially white, has create more enemies than anyone. Against women, other men, for their race, for power, greed etc.so what does that say about MAN, himself?? Also, like in everything, not all MEN are bad.