First female to pilot F-35

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was born with a vagina. Therefore accomplishment according to WestCoastRunner.

You guys seem more hell bent on distracting female accomplishments. That's ok with me except I'm going to broadcast these accomplishments to my daughters and future grand daughters. Do you guys have a problem with this?

Should I not mention these female accomplishments in a male dominated industry?

What if one of my daughters wanted to be a fighter pilot? Should I ignore this rather fabulous milestone?

Edited by WestCoastRunner

What if one of my daughters wanted to be a fighter pilot? Should I ignore this rather fabulous milestone?

I would if mine wanted to join some Coalition's squadron of fighter pilots on yet another economic/geo-strategic Crusade. That's pretty unlikely though given her upbringing.

There's just nothing worth being proud of here that I can see.

I would if mine wanted to join some Coalition's squadron of fighter pilots on yet another economic/geo-strategic Crusade. That's pretty unlikely though given her upbringing.

There's just nothing worth being proud of here that I can see.

The accomplishment is that it represents a huge milestone for women to achieve whatever goals they desire no matter the male denomination.

You don't need to be proud of the specific goals yours daughters achieve. It's the fact that many more opportunities open up for them.

If your daughter decides to engage in warfare by piloting a f-35, that is her choice. And that is the beauty of this accomplishment. She gets to decide.

You guys seem more hell bent on distracting female accomplishments.

It's a human accomplishment. Congratulations to the individual on her accomplishments. The gender/sex of the person seems irrelevant though.

Do you guys have a problem with this?

No, but I have a bit of a problem with your constant gynocentric attitude.

If a male succeeds in a female dominated area such as elementary school teaching, nursing, or now simply being a university student, do we go 'omg, congratulations on succeeding in a female dominated area!'? Not really. So why the double standard?

What if one of my daughters wanted to be a fighter pilot?

Then let her be a pilot. Why does her gender/sex have anything to do with it?

The accomplishment is that it represents a huge milestone for women to achieve whatever goals they desire no matter the male denomination.

Would you say the same thing if you replaced women with men and male with female? If not, why the double standard.

But I guess females deserve more praise for similar accomplishments as males.

Right. You miss the whole point that she is the first female to pilot a F-35.

Likewise Lt.Col. Mau, based on her initial transition into the F-35 program, combat record and rank, will be an odds on favorite to command one of the first operational F-35 squadrons. Well done.

I don't think so, but then, I'm biased.......my own daughter will start basic flight with the RCAF next Summer........something her family is very proud of, likewise I'm sure Christine Mau's family is.

i wasn't sure where to put this but I thought it would be great to give a shout out to the first female pilot of the f-35, Christine Mau. She was also part of the all women combat mission in Afghanistan in 2011. Well done!

Agreed. Good to see.

It's a human accomplishment. Congratulations to the individual on her accomplishments. The gender/sex of the person seems irrelevant though.

No, but I have a bit of a problem with your constant gynocentric attitude.

If a male succeeds in a female dominated area such as elementary school teaching, nursing, or now simply being a university student, do we go 'omg, congratulations on succeeding in a female dominated area!'? Not really. So why the double standard?

Then let her be a pilot. Why does her gender/sex have anything to do with it?

If you have a problem with my whatever....let it go

I don't think so, but then, I'm biased.......my own daughter will start basic flight with the RCAF next Summer........something her family is very proud of, likewise I'm sure Christine Mau's family is.

Congrads. That is something too be very proud of. Her and your family should be very proud of such an accomplishment.

I wish her the very best.

i wasn't sure where to put this but I thought it would be great to give a shout out to the first female pilot of the f-35, Christine Mau. She was also part of the all women combat mission in Afghanistan in 2011. Well done!

Congrats to her! Great achievement for anyone, as many of the top pilots in the US compete for the chance to fly the F-35.

Congrads. That is something too be very proud of. Her and your family should be very proud of such an accomplishment.

I wish her the very best.

Thank you, yes we're all very proud, especially my 84 year old, former RN & RCN FAA pilot, father.