First female to pilot F-35

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what, men still controlled the money and called the shots. Married women couldn't own property, as soon as they married, any property they owned became their husbands. They couldn't hold public office or get custody of her own children. Until a year ago, a woman couldn't even be monarch unless there were no male heirs.

Ahh, spoken from the perspective of a true aristocrat. Until the 18-20th centuries (depending on which country), most men, just like most women, were peasants, basically slaves in all but name. Whether you were a man or a woman, you were the property of someone else, existing only to provide them with an income, and allowed to keep only a minimum amount for yourself, just enough to survive.

Ahh, spoken from the perspective of a true aristocrat. Until the 18-20th centuries (depending on which country), most men, just like most women, were peasants, basically slaves in all but name. Whether you were a man or a woman, you were the property of someone else, existing only to provide them with an income, and allowed to keep only a minimum amount for yourself, just enough to survive.

Total male domination applied to aristocratic women as well. They and their property belonged to their husbands. Edited by Wilber

Agreed, but I suppose some can find offense in anything.........

There is a ton of stuff in the news thst doesn't interest me but that doesn't mean it doesn't interest others or shouldn't be reported. What kind of person is offended by a story like this?

Edited by Wilber

Total male domination applied to aristocratic women as well. They and their property belonged to their husbands.

Which is irrelevant to the point being made. When 99% of people are property, how much does it matter that it's 98% of men and 99.9% of women? Seems to me like the issue isn't gender bias in this case but the whole freaking society being based on everyone being a slave. But whatever, instead of pointing out the general slavery you folks can use your 2015 lenses and instead point out that "women" couldn't be the monarch (nevermind that 99.99999% of men also couldn't be monarch).

Edited by Bonam

Which is irrelevant to the point being made. When 99% of people are property, how much does it matter that it's 98% of men and 99.9% of women? Seems to me like the issue isn't gender bias in this case but the whole freaking society being based on everyone being a slave. But whatever, instead of pointing out the general slavery you folks can use your 2015 lenses and instead point out that "women" couldn't be the monarch (nevermind that 99.99999% of men also couldn't be monarch).

It's not irrelevant when the 1% are all men.

There is a ton of stuff in the news thst doesn't interest me but that doesn't mean it doesn't interest others or shouldn't be reported. What kind of person is offended by a story like this?

It's sad to see some of you try to turn this argument into something it isn't. This story was presented as an accomplishment for the female gender, it isn't.

That's all, stop trying to tell others what they are arguing about. As far as that individual woman, good for her, but we already know they can fly anything, this seems to be difficult for some of you to grasp.

Glad I don't have to depend on you for news.

So do you plan on making a lot more comments that are irrelevant to the original discussion? there is news, and then there is, 'what a great accomplishment for women' which it isn't. They already can fly anything and the F35 is not special.

So do you plan on making a lot more comments that are irrelevant to the original discussion? there is news, and then there is, 'what a great accomplishment for women' which it isn't. They already can fly anything and the F35 is not special.

For eighteen pages I have been waiting for a woman to post that they think this is a non event that is demeaning to women. I'm still waiting. Obviously you guys know better what is important and offensive to them. I would like to hear kimmy's take on this but it seems she doesn't want anything to do with this silliness.

The only way this is a huge accomplishment is if men are against women doing anything in the military...or anywhere else for that matter. We can say that women are equal to men in all aspects of military flight, but the feminists don't want to hear that, they need to push the narrative that women are still victims of the oppressive man.

Sorry feminists, this pilot is an equal and we all know it - she's no good to you now. You'll have to take the fight elsewhere.

Edited by Hal 9000

The only way this is a huge accomplishment is if men are against women doing anything in the military...or anywhere else for that matter. We can say that women are equal to men in all aspects of military flight, but the feminists don't want to hear that, they need to push the narrative that women are still victims of the oppressive man.

Sorry feminists, this pilot is an equal and we all know it - she's no good to you now. You'll have to take the fight elsewhere.

God, how condescending can you get. It's good that all women have you to tell them what is important to them. That way they don't have to be "feminists".