Suspects Shot Dead At $10K Muhammad Cartoon Contest

The rise of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, much like the rise of ISIS in the Levant, falls squarely in the category of unintended consequences. So while both may be the result of U.S. actions, the ultimate blame for the massacre of some 2 million Cambodians lies with the party who carried it out: the Khmer Rouge. It's the difference between understanding cause and effect and finger-pointing to score rhetorical points.

That seems like a good example to keep in mind, thanks.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Dog: Like how you're making excuses for the guys who tried to shoot up this Texas thing or even Pol Pot?

Omar: Examples of which you shan't be able to locate.

I'm not making excuses for what happened in Texas. I'm only pointing out its inevitability.

Right. Because some people just can't help themselves. The big bad U.S.A made them do it! They had no choice at all, really.

Right. Because some people just can't help themselves. The big bad U.S.A made them do it! They had no choice at all, really.

Talk about facile, BlackDog. The big bad USA invaded two sovereign nations in the course of what, three years, kills and injures millions, destroys two countries, which kills additional untold numbers, and you focus on two men who killed no one.

How many USA babies died as a result of this serious Texas attack? How many USA babies will, down the road, be born seriously deformed from this oh so important Texas event?

Indeed...what we need are cartoons of Uncle Sam...oh wait...we already have those.

Why ? And what does any of this have to do with perfectly legal cartoons ?

Well yeah....if you want to make such comparisons, please don't favour "Nazis" over Canada / British Empire, which spread peace and love with military and economic force all around the world !

...and has what to do with Muhammad cartoons in Texas ?

Here you go. I'll reply to you.

Happy now, friend? :)

Talk about facile, BlackDog. The big bad USA invaded two sovereign nations in the course of what, three years, kills and injures millions, destroys two countries, which kills additional untold numbers, and you focus on two men who killed no one.

That would be the subject of this thread. You're looking for the generic U.S. hate thread.

The rise of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, much like the rise of ISIS in the Levant, falls squarely in the category of unintended consequences. So while both may be the result of U.S. actions, the ultimate blame for the massacre of some 2 million Cambodians lies with the party who carried it out: the Khmer Rouge. It's the difference between understanding cause and effect and finger-pointing to score rhetorical points.

I'm afraid not. The USA started the entire mess in SE Asia with its massive terrorist actions against the people of Vietnam. The bombing of Cambodia was another in a long line of vicious war crimes, started by the saviour of the oppressed.

-------------------

"The International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg, which followed World War II, called the waging of aggressive war "essentially an evil thing...to initiate a war of aggression...is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."[2]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_aggression

---------------

That accumulated evil includes the resulting evil that was instigated by the USA.

PolPot and the Khmer Rouge were just good ole American style back to the country individuals. Homesteaders, if you will.

That would be the subject of this thread. You're looking for the generic U.S. hate thread.

Connection after connection has been made between US war crimes and terrorism around the world and this Texas incident. To deny these connections is the most facile thing imaginable.

And why would one of MLW's biggest critics of US "foreign policies" want to divert attention away from just how connected they are?

Look at the vicious nature of so many Americans who supported the illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. These sick people make movies about their war criminals, celebrate them, when the actions were identical to what the Nazis did, ie. launch wars of aggression against innocent countries.

With, I must remind you, the usual full compliment of American lies.

Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with the Garland shootings.

It's a matter of "certain" Muslims being so easily trolled by people because of this weird doctrine that Mohamed can't be drawn to the point where they can commit horrific acts of violence.

But people still criticize the people who were trying to provoke them. They wanted to make a point that Free Speech can be absolute, they weren't yelling fire in a movie theatre. These people had to go out of their way to be offended by what this group was doing.

There's no excuse for such action. EVER!

Would anyone criticize an the people in an abortion clinic for offending the people that ended up bombing them?

Edited by Boges

Look at the vicious nature of so many Americans who supported the illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. These sick people make movies about their war criminals, celebrate them, when the actions were identical to what the Nazis did, ie. launch wars of aggression against innocent countries.

DING DING DING!!! Goodwin's Law FTW!

Yes, this is thread drift as was pointed out above.

It is right on topic, Michael. It goes to the central issue of just how brutal the USA is and has always been. That brutality has resulted in blowback, predicted by the usa's own CIA, by the US military, by state officials.

It's actually rather surprising that the there aren't nationals of many nations of the world blowing back.

---------------

Terror 'blowback' burns CIA

America's spies paid and trained their nation's worst enemies, reveals Andrew Marshall in Washington

THE CENTRAL Intelligence Agency has its own argot for describing the hallucinatory world within which its employees move. None of its esoteric terms are more euphemistic than "blowback", the term coined to describe operations which end up rebounding against their creators.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/terror-blowback-burns-cia-1182087.html

Haven't you ever seen a Woody Woodpecker cartoon.....very violent !

A strong and powerful metaphor depicting U.S. foreign policy.

The ACME company must be a front for the US Military Industrial Complex. And how the Coyote was constantly being armed by ACME shows how it uses proxies to fund violence globally.

Ok - too much thread drift here. The thread is about the events that happened in Texas earlier this week, stick to that thank you.

Yay! We're back on topic.

I think the next step is a Mohammad cartoon contest on national television....say...like....American Idol or The Voice.

Call it.....What's My Cartoon ? Get some ISIS judges.

Hire Blackwater for security.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Looks like a related series of arrests impacted this story:

But his plans were disrupted when the FBI in San Diego and Minneapolis arrested some people he wanted to go with him, he said.

Both Simpson and his purported accomplice in the Garland shooting, Nadir Soofi, were killed shortly after they opened fire outside an event that was displaying cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad. Though armed with assault weapons and some kind of body armor, the pair was killed by a traffic policeman using a service pistol before they could take any lives, local police said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/garland-suspects-private-messages-noose-tightening/story?id=30809304

That's pretty naive. I think it's been pointed out conclusively that there are certainly bigots on this forum who take their arguments beyond denouncing violence and abhorrent acts like stoning pregnant women.

No it's not. There have been the occasional one who was banned as soon as their true colours were shown (well, one comes to mind, but I haven't been here that long) but there is no-one on this board that I would describe that way. That's not to say you would agree with their veiws.

Just to play ball for a minute. How is drawing a cartoon of Mohamed "brutality"?

It isn't. Nor is it illegal or grounds for any kind of civil action. It is disrespectful to a religion, just like the Piss Christ "art" piece, and other copycat pieces done by those who like to poke Christianity with a stick.

But there's a difference. Christianity doesn't respond with violence while Muslims do. I can't speak for all Christians, but for me God doesn't bother about people lashing out through their art pieces. Parents usually let children stamp about in their tantrum and later when they come to their senses they may be reasoned with. I think we all can agree that some adults will not be reasoned with.

I'm actually thankful for Islamism because nothing makes atheism look better.

IF Christians were a little bit smerter it might dawn on them to make peace with their religious ilk before the gig is so far up that secularism really starts getting into it's stride. Too big an IF thankfully.