Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People get all uppity with Obama and the birth thing, but here we have Cruz born in Canada and that all of a sudden does not seem to be an issue. Why?

There is this other thread of course where certain people bitch about immigration, but over here, and in this specific case, Id like to just say how valuable emigration can be.

No...it's the political past. See Social Security and Medicare. Happened decades ago.

Medicare in the 1980s is nothing like Obamacare in the 2010s.

====

As in Canada, health care will now "dominate" the political debate in the US. It will become a third-rail issue. Obama has moved the goalposts, and the American right will have to deal with it.

To return to the OP, the Republican candiadtes will be forced to talk about Obamacare. If they say: "I will repeal it!", they'll then have to say how they'll replace it. And there we go...

Edited by August1991

Medicare in the 1980s is nothing like Obamacare in the 2010s.

====

No...you don't understand. The ACA is funded largely by cuts/slower growth in Medicare reimbursements for hospitals and doctors in the out years. Medicare and ObamaCare are very much linked together.

As in Canada, health care will now "dominate" the political debate in the US. It will become a third-rail issue. Obama has moved the goalposts, and the American right will have to deal with it.

Nope...the existing third rail of politics in America is Social Security. Americans still have many private and public health care options compared to Canada, which has made state controlled "free health care" a foundation of its national identity.

No...you don't understand. The ACA is funded largely by cuts/slower growth in Medicare reimbursements for hospitals and doctors in the out years. Medicare and ObamaCare are very much linked together.

Nope...the existing third rail of politics in America is Social Security. Americans still have many private and public health care options compared to Canada, which has made state controlled "free health care" a foundation of its national identity.

You still have a bit of a language comprehension problem I see. Health care in Canada is not free, its publicly funded. Just like the CBC is not government controlled, but rather, (wait for it), publicly funded. We will work to help you sort these varied ideas if you wish to progress.

I wonder if Ted Cruz will wind up being Jeb's Sarah Palin. The far right, bible thumping, science denying, idiot meant to appease the tea baggers and religious wing nuts.

Nope. Ohio Gov. John Kasich will be everybody's first choice. Which is head and shoulders better than the idiot racist that current occupys the VP position. He's literally the dumbest man in the world.

I wonder if Ted Cruz will wind up being Jeb's Sarah Palin. The far right, bible thumping, science denying, idiot meant to appease the tea baggers and religious wing nuts.

Thats possible Id say. Jeb is getting blowback from the GOP crazies that he is a bit too moderate for them and not a real republican. So with a whacko like Cruz alongside, he might get back into their good books, and once in office he could just send Ted boy up to AK to take over for Sarah keeping an eye on the Ruskies.

Cruz is just the Republican equivalent of Obama. One term senator, bi-racial candidate, and a great speech giver. Not to mention Ivy League education, Harvard Law Review, etc.

Hes nowhere near an equivalent of Obama. His whacky religious connections and beliefs might be your first clue. Look where he made his announcement...Liberty University, that should have been your second. Hes a joke and I suspect even the GOP gets that so I suspect there is some sort of weird strategy plan in place.

Hes nowhere near an equivalent of Obama. His whacky religious connections and beliefs might be your first clue. Look where he made his announcement...Liberty University, that should have been your second. Hes a joke and I suspect even the GOP gets that so I suspect there is some sort of weird strategy plan in place.

I'm not really sure what beliefs you're talking about. Perhaps you could reference some of them, right after you reference Hamas' recognition of Israel. I know he has one wacky belief, that marriage is between a man and a woman. The same wacky belief Obama had when he was running in 2008. He's a mirror image of Obama, except instead of being very liberal, he's very conservative.

I'm not really sure what beliefs you're talking about. Perhaps you could reference some of them, right after you reference Hamas' recognition of Israel. I know he has one wacky belief, that marriage is between a man and a woman. The same wacky belief Obama had when he was running in 2008. He's a mirror image of Obama, except instead of being very liberal, he's very conservative.

Have you heard of Liberty University. The earth is only 6k years old.

Have you heard of Liberty University. The earth is only 6k years old.

Like I said, please reference some of the beliefs of his you're referring to. Right after you reference Hamas' recognition of Israel. Just link to them. You can copy and paste just to make it easy.

Like I said, please reference some of the beliefs of his you're referring to. Right after you reference Hamas' recognition of Israel. Just link to them. You can copy and paste just to make it easy.

OK, heres what Liberty U teaches-the earth is only 6000 years old. And then he talks about follow the science with regard to GW. Apparently his science comes out of some sort of whacky bible. Hamas altered the wording back in 2006. Try to keep up.

http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/hamas-and-israels-destruction/

Take a guess who the pres. of Liberty is...

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/25/jess-mcintosh/liberty-u-students-faced-fine-if-they-skipped-cruz/

Edited by On Guard for Thee

He seems like a run-of-the-mill Tea Party court jester, with the attendant rhetoric, science denial and gay scaremongering.

Last time around, we had a host of these types - none of whom posed a direct threat to the eventual candidate. They only forced that candidate into a very tight box when the time came to present him to the normals.

I hope that this campaign is as hilarious as the last one. I'm stockpiling popcorn right now in case Donald Trump or Herman Cain run.

He seems like a run-of-the-mill Tea Party court jester, with the attendant rhetoric, science denial and gay scaremongering.

Last time around, we had a host of these types - none of whom posed a direct threat to the eventual candidate. They only forced that candidate into a very tight box when the time came to present him to the normals.

I hope that this campaign is as hilarious as the last one. I'm stockpiling popcorn right now in case Donald Trump or Herman Cain run.

I don't really know what science denying you're referring to, or gay scaremongering. He's a mirror image of the court jester Obama was, except very conservative instead of very liberal. He even has the same policy in terms of gay marriage that Obama had in 2008.

Please reference Cruz specifically stating that those are his beliefs. Just because he chose to speak there, doesn't mean it's so. Just like when he chooses to speak at other universities.

Cruz has always refused to directly answer questions about creationism, he just hints at it. It's not easy being a tea bagger and having to solicit the support and funds of delusional Christian wing nuts but then appear logical, intelligent and sane enough to garner support from the general public. I think Ted is trying to walk that line.

He claims to be a strong Southern Baptist which is a church that pushes for the teaching of creationism in public schools. He frequently holds meetings at evangelical churches, he nods, smiles and agrees with Pat Robertson on his show and he specifically chose the most prominent creationist university to launch his campaign. He is a man that is offering favours to lunatics in exchange for money and their votes. Thus, whether he actually believes the dangerously stupid fairy tale or just pretends to is irrelevant. Similarly, I'm sure many Republicans do not believe their anti-climate change rhetoric, but they play the anti-science role for cash. Some have even vowed to combat AGW in the past.

Cruz may not personally believe the earth is 6000 years old, but picking Liberty U as his launchpad shows where he's aiming his campaign. He'll be pandering to the evangelicals, trying to pick up the supporters that made people like Santorum or Huckabee factors in previous years.

And of course he was already the darling of the Tea Party types; Breitbart has been sporting wood non-stop since Sunday. This is the wing of the party that has been saying ever since Romney's defeat that they have to stop nominating moderate candidates because "the base" won't turn up at the polls to support them.

-k