Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they had no choice being gay and chose to live their life...

Gay people certainly do have a choice. They have a choice to live a gay lifestyle or not. Many people choose to not live a gay lifestyle but many people do. It's 100% a choice. So many gay people are married tot he opposite sex and even have children before or during their choice to live a gay or secret gay lifestyle.

Really, you are making excuses for their comments?

One was funny, and the other was easy to understand.

Have you checked Shady's past posts when it comes to the LGBT community?

Even a broken clock....

Your post is full of crap too.

And yet you're unable to demonstrate why.

Jeb Bush is going to win it as he should. He's a very popular guy and quite unlike his father or brother. He's a moderate conservative and he has instant credibility whereas the other would be largely unknown.

Well which one is he unlike. Daddy Bush and GW are two very different people. To start with, daddy actually obeyed laws, nationally and internationally.

GW did not, which is why he is a war criminal. So you need to differentiate much better than you have so far.

Have a look at what ISIS, Russia, and other populations are doing to these people 'who are not in their right mind'. You should be doing and saying everything you can to support them instead of making statements like this.

I suppose because they are not in their right mind, they should all be under psychiatric care?

Read the post again. You completely missed his point.

Because of the harm done to LGBTQ people around the world, no one would CHOOSE that.

Because of the harm done to LGBTQ people around the world, no one would CHOOSE that.

Then perhaps there should have been a sarcastic tag around the post. Given some of his past posts regarding gays, it's understandable to miscomprehend his post.

Its bad when your laws allow the likes of the Koch bros. etc., to buy your elections. Its a little different than buying some tar from Canada.

System A: The rich Koch brothers buy advertising with their own money and influence voters.

System B: Obama and Clinton etc can use the State to tax the Koch brothers, and give the money to other people.

To be sustainable and civilised, which system is better?

You would actually back up Shady when he makes a derogatory and insulting comment like "Nobody would actually choose to like someone of the same sex."

What a despicable turn of events, particularly from a so-called impartial forum facilitator.

I don't even know what to say anymore. This place has gone to s**t.

Edited by Michael Hardner
profanity

System A: The rich Koch brothers buy advertising with their own money and influence voters.

System B: Obama and Clinton etc can use the State to tax the Koch brothers, and give the money to other people.

To be sustainable and civilised, which system is better?

Odd question. In both scenarios the money goes to "other people". In fact that's what happens in any economy. The question for me is what long-term effects does the flow of money have.

In your example - System A results in policy that protects/enhances the power and wealth of the Koch brothers, presumably, and System B could have any result ranging from money being wasted to building up much needed infrastructure, paying down debt and so on.

You would actually back up Shady when he makes a derogatory and insulting comment like "Nobody would actually choose to like someone of the same sex."

What a despicable turn of events, particularly from a so-called impartial forum facilitator.

I'm sorry but I have heard gay people say the very same thing. It's a comment on the state of the world, and a theoretical question about which gender-preference is treated better in society. Nothing more.

The question is - if somebody was absolutely asexual, given the advantages/disadvantages of being straight vs LGBTQ which would you choose ? Given the fact that even in the most progressive countries you face massive discrimination, of course you would choose the former and not the latter.

I don't even know what to say anymore. This place has gone to ...

Honestly, you're just looking for reasons to be unhappy with this place and I don't know why. We're moderating it as much as ever. As far as I can see the long-timers are getting frustrated with each other because there's no convincing the "other side".

But this is for the moderation thread, really... thread drift... doubly so...

Yeah, sure. Let's ignore the insulting and derogatory rhetoric because thread drift....that's the problem here.

No. I did not instruct anybody to ignore the issue. Please, please start an independent thread discussion and bring this dispute to the fore-front. Air it out some place else.

The problem is thread drift.

I'm sorry but I have heard gay people say the very same thing. It's a comment on the state of the world, and a theoretical question about which gender-preference is treated better in society. Nothing more.

Yeah. I've heard black people call each other "n*****" too. That doesn't mean it's acceptable for what people to start calling them that as well. If you want to complete divorce comments from their textual, historic, and cultural context then nothing will have any connotations whatsoever.

The question is - if somebody was absolutely asexual, given the advantages/disadvantages of being straight vs LGBTQ which would you choose ? Given the fact that even in the most progressive countries you face massive discrimination, of course you would choose the former and not the latter.

This completely misses the point that saying "nobody in their right mind would choose to be gay" is insulting and derogatory. Whether it's a choice or not is completely irrelevant.

Look, the argument that people don't "choose" to be gay is insulting in itself. It purports that homosexuality is alright because they didn't really make the choice and they have no control over it. Screw that. Homosexuality is ok whether it's a choice or not and intimating that it's somehow wrong to make that choice is disgusting and derogatory. It's completely insulting to gay people and in a backhanded way still suggests that loving someone of the same sex is somehow vulgar and not worth choosing.

That's what you're supporting by standing behind that statement.

Honestly, you're just looking for reasons to be unhappy with this place and I don't know why. We're moderating it as much as ever. As far as I can see the long-timers are getting frustrated with each other because there's no convincing the "other side".

But this is for the moderation thread, really... thread drift... doubly so...

No. I'm genuinely offended by your support for Shady's comments here. I find it repulsive and I expected better from you. Edited by Michael Hardner
profanity