Conservative Eve Adams crosses the floor to Liberals

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TO star is slagging trudeau now.lol

When even the Star is slagging him, you KNOW that Trudeau is in deep trouble. This one is particulary damaging because it goes beyond judgment - it goes to values. So much for Trudeau's "new brand of politics". I guess Did he get bad advice - or is this just another impulsive "Bozo Eruption"?

The TO star is slagging trudeau now.lol

When even the Star is slagging him, you KNOW that Trudeau is in deep trouble. This one is particulary damaging because it goes beyond judgment - it goes to values. So much for Trudeau's "new brand of politics". I guess Did he get bad advice - or is this just another impulsive "Bozo Eruption"?

So is Michael den Tandt of the National Post.

He has been a relentless Trudeau cheerleader for at least 3 years, from well before he was leader.

This entire mantra of the right-wingers is nonsense.

"Liberal media"

"TO Star isn't critical of Trudeau"

It may be the case that society as a whole is a lot more liberal than the right wingers and the media simply reflects this general "bias". And those on the far right (fringe?) don't like it.

I believe Michael den Tandt is the one that wrote,"Trudeau does not simply shake your hand,he inhabits it" or something close to that.

I didn't know too much about Eve Adams except the articles about her meltdown at the car wash and something about her huge expenses for make-up.The make-up thing got a lot of attention from the Ottawa Citizen's robocall twins,Glen McGregor and Stephen Maher.They likely won't bring it up again now that she's a Liberal.I do think she is a good fit for the Trudeau Liberals since she seems quite shallow,and like the leader,she expects to always get her own way.

This is looking like the likely outcome. Which begs why JT even bothered with her.

Actually, it begs the question why did SHE bother? Her boyfriend is supposed to be a sharp operator. Why would she go through all the hassle of going over to the Liberals, then the cost and effort of trying to win a Liberal party nomination, which, with her record, in a riding not her own, and as a formerTory, would seem extremely unlikely on the surface?

Unless, of course, she's either been promised the party will ensure she gets nominated, or promised something else if the Liberals get elected, some sort of patronage appointment...

• 1 month later...

As they say - be careful what you wish for.......the race is now on and some Liberals are not happy.....from yesterday's G & M.

Some federal Toronto Liberals, who raised money for Mr. Trudeau and his team and worked to help him win a couple of key by-elections, are dismayed they weren’t consulted about the decision to bring Ms. Adams into the Eglinton-Lawrence riding. They question why Mr. Trudeau would bill her defection as such a triumph after the Conservatives told her she couldn’t run for them after alleged misconduct in a nomination race last year.

One senior Liberal organizer, who has been active on the federal front and asked that his name not be used, describes the decision to embrace Ms. Adams as “stupidity,” especially given that Mr. Trudeau “ran around” saying nominations were open and he would not appoint people.

He says he may sit this election out – and some provincial Liberals feel the same way.

Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/liberals-latest-angst-its-all-about-eve-adams/article23887309/

Edited by Keepitsimple

I think it's an exaggeration to call it a nightmare...

Certainly Eve Adams is a joke and it's an even bigger joke that the Trudeau is even looking at her, but nightmare? Nah.

Perhaps. We'll see. First, a Liberal MP accuses Trudeau of having a "Bozo Eruption". Now, a senior Liberal accuses him of stupidity. Certainly a bad dream.

"... Mr. Trudeau ran around saying nominations were open and he would not appoint people."

From the article it appears that nominations are open. Trudeau hasn't 'appointed' her as the candidate. She has to win the nomination battle.

Not sure what the kafuffle is about.

It appears to me that the deal was based on the liability of Adams versus the assets of Dimitri. Trudeau apparently felt that Dimitri was more important than the flack he would get on Eve. Only time will tell. The campaign is just beginning. Besides Nigel, there was someone else who knew what was going on in the inner Harper circle - Dimitri Soudas. He was the Executive Director of the Conservative Party and a Harper acolyte. If Dimitri really has turned, he could take Harper down by himself.

The question is; what is it that Dimitri knows and when(if) he decides to share it with the public.

It is a long time between now and voting day. Strategic releases of Dimitri's information during the campaign may be not only informative for the public but devastating for the Conservatives.

I am waiting in anticipation.

It appears to me that the deal was based on the liability of Adams versus the assets of Dimitri. Trudeau apparently felt that Dimitri was more important than the flack he would get on Eve. Only time will tell. The campaign is just beginning. Besides Nigel, there was someone else who knew what was going on in the inner Harper circle - Dimitri Soudas. He was the Executive Director of the Conservative Party and a Harper acolyte. If Dimitri really has turned, he could take Harper down by himself.

The question is; what is it that Dimitri knows and when(if) he decides to share it with the public.

It is a long time between now and voting day. Strategic releases of Dimitri's information during the campaign may be not only informative for the public but devastating for the Conservatives.

I am waiting in anticipation.

Devastating might be a little too strong a characterization of what Soudas brings with him, I suppose that could depend on what he knows about the Duffy scandal, I imagine what Wright says on the stand is more likely to be devastatig. But his knowledge could certainly be helpful as in his position he would know a lot about election strategies as well as what bits of colorful dirt the tories have dug up on this or that MP. On the flip side Im sure Harper hopes Adams gets the nomination as she is less likely to threaten Joe Olivers seat in that riding.

Devastating might be a little too strong a characterization of what Soudas brings with him, I suppose that could depend on what he knows about the Duffy scandal, I imagine what Wright says on the stand is more likely to be devastatig. But his knowledge could certainly be helpful as in his position he would know a lot about election strategies as well as what bits of colorful dirt the tories have dug up on this or that MP. On the flip side Im sure Harper hopes Adams gets the nomination as she is less likely to threaten Joe Olivers seat in that riding.

I think it's pretty clear Adams was the price to pay for Soudas. His knowledge isn't up to date, but this was a man who was one of Stephen Harper's closest confidantes, who also spent some time near the top of the Conservative Party food chain. Benedict Arnold may have been scum, but he was useful scum. Soudas's ultimate fate will be little different, and I don't expect much from Adams either.

In Duffy's diary, he refers to a fairly recent incident where Peter MacKay was laughed at when he was airlifted from a fishing trip by the Canadian Coast Guard. It made news and really did not make sense at the time. Duffy stated that Dimitri Soudas ordered Peter to take that helicopter and then set him up for the unfavorable publicity that followed. It is common knowledge that Harper and MacKay do not like each other and represent the two extreme sides of the Conservative Party.

After Duffy's revelations in his diary there was no rebuttal from either Harper or MacKay or anybody else.

It must have been the truth. If that is the case then what other little tidbits does Dimitri have to share about the PMO?

In Duffy's diary, he refers to a fairly recent incident where Peter MacKay was laughed at when he was airlifted from a fishing trip by the Canadian Coast Guard. It made news and really did not make sense at the time. Duffy stated that Dimitri Soudas ordered Peter to take that helicopter and then set him up for the unfavorable publicity that followed. It is common knowledge that Harper and MacKay do not like each other and represent the two extreme sides of the Conservative Party.

After Duffy's revelations in his diary there was no rebuttal from either Harper or MacKay or anybody else.

It must have been the truth. If that is the case then what other little tidbits does Dimitri have to share about the PMO?

That is an interesting tidbit, and does indicate that Stephen Harper's PMO is among the most Machiavellian in Canadian history.

I guess the only thing that ticks me off is that the PMO is paid for by the taxpayer. Quite frankly, if this the new standard for how PMO's work, then I think the governing party should foot the bill.

• 3 months later...

Robert Fife of CTV commented that he thought it was the price Trudeau had to pay to get Dimitri Soudas (Eve's live in partner) into the Liberal fold. Dimitri had been in the Harper inner circle from the start and knows where all the bodies are buried. If that is the case, there should be some very interesting information coming out during the election.

And with a demonstration of simple democracy, Trudeau's overture to team Soudas has been rejected by the local, Liberal riding membership:

Adams was soundly defeated Sunday in the Liberal nomination battle in the Toronto riding of Eglinton–Lawrence, falling to lawyer and riding association executive Marco Mendicino, the only other candidate in a hotly contested race.

This is not only a rejection of Adams, but the first cracks in the Trudeau brand.........