ISIS Declares Islamic State.

monty16

If I got on Twitter and started spewing the stuff they do, my account would be axed, based on hate speech/ideology. How does ISIS get a pass?

Actually, many of their twitter accounts have been suspended. They just create new ones or use other websites.

More and more "they" seem to be Canadian born youth, part of the Canadian culture and originally starting to become productive citizens and then turned (or were turned). I would like to know why. Wouldn't you?

If you do not know the cause then how can you create a remedy?

Yes, it's all a giant mystery! *sarcasm*

Certainly couldn't have anything to do with the reasons that these young people who make these choices give! It's not like religion has anything to do with it! *sarcasm*

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More and more "they" seem to be Canadian born youth, part of the Canadian culture and originally starting to become productive citizens and then turned (or were turned). I would like to know why. Wouldn't you?

If you do not know the cause then how can you create a remedy?

I did create a remedy. It's in the post you quoted.

Frankly, I don't think rocket science is required here. Like many minority groups, Muslims tend to self ghettoize. An area of a western town that is almost exclusively Muslim is an easy area to cherry pick disaffected youth to attempt radicalization. In the UK we've seen examples of it, the Finsbury Park mosque being the most notable.

A quick Google search provided some scholarly articles on the subject.

PM Harper has just committed 100 Canadian "advisors" to go into Iraq. They will be in "dangerous" situations where we cannot "guarantee" their safety. They may have to defend themselves if necessary.

Hello - Canada is sending Canadian troop boots on the ground into Iraq.

When he was in opposition, he was kept from making that mistake because he was in opposition. Things are different now.

What the hell does he think he is doing!?!?!

I'm not one for going to war, but, the latest news on this group, I think NATO , should put the Ukraine in the background and send in about 200,000 troops to take out the 80,000-100,000 ISIS. So, any of you agree or disagree with NATO going in???

Pht. One armored division would crush ISIS into paste.

But why should young men from the West die because cowardly Iraqis won't fight?

PM Harper has just committed 100 Canadian "advisors" to go into Iraq. They will be in "dangerous" situations where we cannot "guarantee" their safety. They may have to defend themselves if necessary.

Hello - Canada is sending Canadian troop boots on the ground into Iraq.

When he was in opposition, he was kept from making that mistake because he was in opposition. Things are different now.

What the hell does he think he is doing!?!?!

Often all the snooping from satellites, drones, etc. does not provide the value of information you can only get from eyes and ears at "street level". Unfortunately to get eyes and ears there you have to have boots on the ground. Obama has vowed to dismantle IS and we are partners in NATO so we need to put a shoulder to the wheel as well. Have I used enough body part references there?

ISIS came about because of Obama's misreading of Syria, Had he acted early in the Syria uprising in concert with Western nations to back the opposition of Assad iwe would nto have this mess. Obama choose to form a coalition with Morsi in Egypt and Erdogan of Turkey that dismissed this opposition to Assad and it was dismissed because it was not pro Muslim Brotherhood. Erdogan and Morsi and Obama felt the Muslim Brotherhood should lead the opposition to Assad and the US and Turkey trained ISIS a fragmented mix of many Sunni Muslim terror and militia cells left over from the Iraq war.

There was Obama making not so subtle overtures to Iran, kissing the ring on the hand of the Saudi King and bowing to him in front of Queen Elizabeth while grabbing both her hands like some bowling partner and making overtures not just to the Muslim Brotherhood, but Hamas.

There was Obama with his mouthpiece Kerry not just giving Israel the finger but Abbas as well., He had the audacity in front of both Abbas and Netanyahu to tell them both an intifada and uprising was inevitable in the West Bank and Gaza if BOTH Abbas and Netanyahu did not abide by Hamas.

Now Obama notices ISIS is a problem. Attah boy Bam Bam. When did it dawn on Bam Bam ISIS was a problem? Say now we needed to cut someone's head off to even get Obama to take 5 minutes out of his golf game to say that was not nice.

The bottom line? Obama's head is so far up his butt he can't pull it out. Itsstuck in there like a vacuum and by the time he pulls it out the next election will be upon us and probably by then Putin will have invaded the entire Batlic states, seized all of Ukraine and carry on with his reincarnation of Hitler-stalin in one.

Let's talk reality. The US and Turkey created ISIS and lost control of it. Geniuses. when Egypt realized what a lunatic Morsi was and threw his ass in jail, Obama turned on Egypt who along with Israel and Jordan are the only three remaining states in the Middle East with any semblance of control against extremists.

Its taken Egypt and Israel to ignore the US to achieve this. No flippity flop Obama realizes he created a monster?

Really Bam Bam. Look at the bafoon. Now he's back tracking on ISIS and sucking up to Iran and Hezbollah the very enemies of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Say now that means he's flipped and flopped on Erdogan.

Yep, Iran there's a great ally to have when fighting ISIS. They sure as hell love the US.

The bottom line is Obama blew it.He should have never sided with the Muslim Brotherhood. He should have never sucked up to Iran. He should have showed some testacles with Putin in Syria.

I mean look at the world. The two biggest extractors of Iraqi oil are Russia and China. What a friggin joke. Good Americans died for that?

We are in a power vacuum created by Obama on the world stage. Its manifested by the chaos with both Russia and the Middle East and the US is

floundering with lack of leadership.

Never before has the US and world faced such weakness from an American leader. The only thing close to it I can think of is the days of WW1 when Woodrow Wilson refused to get involved.

If ISIS is to be contained it requires strong US military leadership of a coalition of nations.

It can not be a permanent war, but a series of strategic attacks that paralyze ISIS and allow other Muslim groups to surface.

The US must restore a strong relationship with Egypt and Israel and distance itself from Erdogan and Iran.

The US should not be trying to ally with anyone in the Middle East in regards to the Sunni-Shiite war. That has to be settled between the two but they sure as hell should be standing with Egypt, Israel and Jordan as well of course of assuring this horse crap does not spread to the UAE..Kuwait or Saudi Arabia.

That was the formula of the other Presidents, and it should be restored.

As for Putin, today his deliberate kidnapping of an Estonian border guard and jamming of their radio and transmission frequencies as well as its invasion of the Ukraine are blatant acts of invasion and war. Putin has loudly told the world, the US is a toothless tiger, I am now the world leader.

Obama I doubt is the man capable of taking him down. An American leader has to emerge and soon.

ISIS cannot be destroyed by military force alone.

But why should young men from the West die because cowardly Iraqis won't fight?

Uhh, there are many Iraqis fighting ISIS. In Kurdistan you have the Peshmerga, and in the Shia territory there are significant amounts of fighters opposed to ISIS.

The core of ISIS are unsophisticated, illiterate goat herders devoted to Allah.

The core isn't 'illiterate goat herders'. They are quite literate and I don't think untrue stereotypes about goat herders is helpful.

Too bad those of that have this way of thinking now, did not think like that in 2006.

ISIS didn't exist in 2006.

Often all the snooping from satellites, drones, etc. does not provide the value of information you can only get from eyes and ears at "street level". Unfortunately to get eyes and ears there you have to have boots on the ground. Obama has vowed to dismantle IS and we are partners in NATO so we need to put a shoulder to the wheel as well. Have I used enough body part references there?

Just because your heart is in it does not give you the right to stick your nose into something that will bite you right in your ASSets. It will be difficult to stomach the potential carnage when you stick your neck out trying to kick the enemy in the crotch and find yourself being stabbed in the back. You have to head in the right direction if you have your finger on the goal.

As to this latest Canadian troop deployment on the ground;

1.Is a vital national security interest threatened?

2.Do we have a clear attainable objective?

3.Have the risks and costs been fully and frankly analyzed?

4.Have all other non-violent policy means been fully exhausted?

5.Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?

6.Have the consequences of our action been fully considered?

7.Is the action supported by the Canadian people?

8.Do we have genuine broad international support?

If the answer to any one of those is no then keep out of that battle!!!

Edited by Big Guy

Just because your heart is in it does not give you the right to stick your nose into something that will bite you right in your ASSets. It will be difficult to stomach the potential carnage when you stick your neck out trying to kick the enemy in the crotch and find yourself being stabbed in the back. You have to head in the right direction if you have your finger on the goal.

As to this latest Canadian troop deployment on the ground;

Yes to all of the above. More to the point, it is unfortunate but a reality that sometimes you have to create a little carnage to stop those who want nothing but carnage.

Yes to all of the above. More to the point, it is unfortunate but a reality that sometimes you have to create a little carnage to stop those who want nothing but carnage.

While I don't have a big objection with Canada contributing against ISIS (say compared to our action in Libya), what vital national security interest is threatened? That is pretty much the most vital of all the criteria Big Guy listed.

While I don't have a big objection with Canada contributing against ISIS (say compared to our action in Libya), what vital national security interest is threatened? That is pretty much the most vital of all the criteria Big Guy listed.

Well I'm not privy to national security files but I do know the UK has ratcheted it's security threat level up to one notch below the max. based on what they seem to know about IS intentions. The reason I rather glossed over Big guys multi ?'s is becase first, that's his schtick and often they are redundant, but more importantly I would imagine the important ones have been assessed and also that if spend forever dithering and naval gazing a lot of people are going to die. They have a lot of high grade arms and they have avowed their hatred for the west and they don't mind beheading people and putting it on Youtube. I'm not sure we need a whole lot more evidence to do something!

You just completely dont get it. Anyone you send to fight ISIS will be trying to fight them in cities full of Sunnis where you cant tell ISIS apart from anyone else. A lot of these guys are the same Sunni insurgents that had to be bought off in Iraq because hundreds of thousands of troops couldnt stop them.

....As to this latest Canadian troop deployment on the ground;

Co-opted American list from a retired American general and Sec'y of State....typical.

ISIS came about because of Obama's misreading of Syria, Had he acted early in the Syria uprising in concert with Western nations to back the opposition of Assad iwe would nto have this mess. Obama choose to form a coalition with Morsi in Egypt and Erdogan of Turkey that dismissed this opposition to Assad and it was dismissed because it was not pro Muslim Brotherhood. Erdogan and Morsi and Obama felt the Muslim Brotherhood should lead the opposition to Assad and the US and Turkey trained ISIS a fragmented mix of many Sunni Muslim terror and militia cells left over from the Iraq war.

There was Obama making not so subtle overtures to Iran, kissing the ring on the hand of the Saudi King and bowing to him in front of Queen Elizabeth while grabbing both her hands like some bowling partner and making overtures not just to the Muslim Brotherhood, but Hamas.

For my view on Obama's motives, see this thread (link). I think that Obama has another agenda. At best it is to "equalize" the Eastern and Western world. At worst, I fear, it is to dismantle the West's higher standards of living, decency and justice.

ISIS came about because of Obama's misreading of Syria

The reason ISIS was able to take a substancial part of Iraq virtually unopposed was because the idiotic invasion dreamed of by the coalition of morons. The situation in Iraq now is the result of deposing the baathists and putting a Shia Iranian proxy in control of Iraq. The sunnis are shut out of the political process and they dont like it.

Blaming Obama for sectarian tensions and the power struggle between Sunnis and Shia is really just flat out stupid.

You just completely dont get it. Anyone you send to fight ISIS will be trying to fight them in cities full of Sunnis where you cant tell ISIS apart from anyone else. A lot of these guys are the same Sunni insurgents that had to be bought off in Iraq because hundreds of thousands of troops couldnt stop them.

You destroy all their heavy weapons and let the Shiites slaughter the Sunnis. Problem solved.