This week in Islam

kimmy

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You're the one who made the hyperbolic statement about the 'takeover' of Western civilization, because of Liberals.  

I should have used the small "l" as in liberal.   That includes a lot of conservatives too.  Open borders is what is destroying Europe.

The word liberal with a small "l" means open-minded, not prejudiced, etc.  I am saying that is the issue.

Edited by blackbird

Just now, blackbird said:

Open borders is what is destroying Europe.

Please define exactly how Europe is being 'destroyed'.  Studies by experts, including stats, that describe exactly what specific areas of Europe have been or are being destroyed, please.   Hyperbolic media sources are not 'proof'.

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Please define exactly how Europe is being 'destroyed'.  Studies by experts, including stats, that describe exactly what specific areas of Europe have been or are being destroyed, please.   Hyperbolic media sources are not 'proof'.

If one views Islamic invasion as a good thing, I doubt Europe's destruction is much of a bother.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

It would be pointless to try to point it out to you if you don't already know.  It's not up to me to provide statistics and studies.   If you are serious about finding out, you can do some googling yourself.

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam with dominate.

Apparently not, it's really the Jews behind it all:

Anti-White activists like Moshe Kantor, head of the European Jewish Congress, use Muslim terrorism to demand more surveillance and less free speech. The philosemite Mark Steyn writes constantly about Muslim attacks on Jews in Europe and portrays Jews as innocent victims gagged by Europe’s harsh laws against “hate-speech.” But he never discusses the central role of Jews both in creating those laws and in opening Europe’s borders to the Muslim World.

(Just kidding Rue, I believe the above about as much as I believe claims that Sharia law is imminent in Canada)

Just now, blackbird said:

It would be pointless to try to point it out to you if you don't already know.  It's not up to me to provide statistics and studies.   If you are serious about finding out, you can do some googling yourself.

Yeah, you made an assertion so it IS up to you to prove it.    I believe that's in the rules of this forum, somewhere.   Did you not read them?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Apparently not, it's really the Jews behind it all:

(Just kidding Rue, I believe the above about as much as I believe claims that Sharia law is imminent in Canada)

It is He [Allah] who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although those who associate others with Allah dislike it.

https://quran.com/61/9

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

It is He [Allah] who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although those who associate others with Allah dislike it.

https://quran.com/61/9

When Islam takes over Canada, perhaps you could become an Imam?   You certainly are familiar with all the relevant Quran passages and Hadiths you'll need.  

Sadly, I'll be one of the beheaded since I won't know enough of the Quran to please them - also, too old to fuk and make babies.  No hope for me.   

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

When Islam takes over Canada, perhaps you could become an Imam?   You certainly are familiar with all the relevant Quran passages and Hadiths you'll need.  

Sadly, I'll be one of the beheaded since I won't know enough of the Quran to please them - also, too old to fuk and make babies.  No hope for me.   

Apostates will be put to death.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Apostates will be put to death.

I'm not so much an apostate, more a non-believer.  Still, same result for me in your Islamic belief system.  Luckily for you, however, you clearly know and believe Islam so you should be ok.   I'm sure Allah is getting your virgins ready, all this work you are doing on behalf of the violent jihadist movement. 

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I'm not so much an apostate, more a non-believer.  Still, same result for me in your Islamic belief system.  Luckily for you, however, you clearly know and believe Islam so you should be ok.   I'm sure Allah is getting your virgins ready, all this work you are doing on behalf of the violent jihadist movement. 

Either or...you will be punished for your lack of respect for Islam.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Perhaps, as a reward for your devout belief in Islam, you can be the one to punish me ... as part of your new Imam duties.    :ph34r:

You're free to pretend I wrote the Quran.

I suppose you have to, though. It's a violent book from a violent cult. If you want Canada to be more Islamic, best put your best face on. Smile at the unbeliever.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're free to pretend I wrote the Quran.

I suppose you have to, though. It's a violent book from a violent cult. If you want Canada to be more Islamic, best put your best face on. Smile at the unbeliever.

Where did I say I thought you wrote the Quran?   I think it's pretty clear I see you as a true believer and a teacher of the Quran and Islam.  

I suppose that means you are smiling at me, the unbeliever.    :)  <--- smiling back

17 hours ago, blackbird said:

I should have used the small "l" as in liberal.   That includes a lot of conservatives too.  Open borders is what is destroying Europe.

The word liberal with a small "l" means open-minded, not prejudiced, etc.  I am saying that is the issue.

What is really destroying Europe and North America is a refusal to undertake the difficult, time-consuming and expensive business of procreation. 

17 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Saudi Arabia launches it's first 'Girl's Council'

Its members are all bearded men...lol.

To be fair, it has female members, and is led by one of the princesses. But of course, they can't be shown and are all hidden away behind a curtain.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

To be fair, it has female members, and is led by one of the princesses. But of course, they can't be shown and are all hidden away behind a curtain.

Couldn't the kingdom at least show "stand-in" girl council members. You know, the way some muslim countries have "stand-in" child brides.

Edited by capricorn
  • Like 1

Really good article.

http://quillette.com/2017/03/16/on-betrayal-by-the-left-talking-with-ex-muslim-sarah-haider/

In twenty-first-century America, what happens to a young woman who has wised up and quit a faith-based ideology that ordains the second-class status of women, the submissiveness of wives to husbands (even violent husbands), the partial disinheritance of female heirs in favor of their male counterparts, the stoning of adulterers (and especially adulteresses, given the misogynistic vagaries of evidentiary law associated with said ideology), the taking of captive women as sex slaves, the adherence to a cumbersome dress code, and that also sanctions the savagery of female genital mutilation? Does she win plaudits for standing up her for rights as a woman? Do progressives recite panegyrics that sing her courage and praise her clear-sightedness? Is she inundated with offers of support?

Not necessarily! If the ideology is Islam (and it is) and the woman is a former Muslim (and she is), she must steel herself to face threats against her life from her onetime coreligionists and a hail of invective from, and insidious betrayals by, those posing as progressives. Moreover, she must prepare to fend off attempts to silence her viewpoint as “inconvenient” given our current political morass. Even more egregiously, if the woman is trying to help (as she is) others also striving after the gloriously secular freedom she has achieved for herself, she becomes a danger to the entire edifice of hypocrisy, cowardice, and fact-deficient balderdash forming the mainstream left’s view of Islam as a “religion of peace” distorted by a few deranged miscreants. In short, in the America of today, such a brave woman will find no haven extended to her, but, rather, confront wielders of figurative pitchforks eager to skewer her for both abandoning her religion and traducing her kind. And with Donald Trump’s ascent to the presidency, her position becomes more precarious than ever.

The left’s rejection hurts all the more since the most menaced former Muslims are women. Female apostates, she tells me, face ostracism, beatings, harassment and threats from their families and communities, forced travel back to home countries to pry them free of Western influence, and forced marriage.

But their own families often pose the greatest danger. At EXMNA, Haider says, “we’ve had women tell us harrowing stories. They’ve been locked in their rooms by their families and beaten for days, so they’ve had to try hard to escape. Generally speaking, they face physical abuse, mental abuse, and verbal abuse. Few ex-Muslims can be open about leaving Islam, because they’d be threatened by their families or communities or their employers.” The fate of those who have spoken out publicly, including the Somali-born public intellectual Ayaan Hirsi Ali, serves as a warning to all. Hirsi Ali has needed armed guards since she began denouncing her erstwhile religion more than a decade ago.

Interesting comments on how politicians impede progress.  I know we've talked about this here too.

Politicians show some sympathy for EXMNA, but they do so privately; the thousands of friendly emails she receives from genuine liberals make her feel less alone. The stigma prevails that criticizing Islam is tantamount to racism; not many want to risk their reputations and openly voice support. Former Muslims are also reticent, fearing repercussions from their community. And, of course, few wish to get on the wrong side of Islamist assassins with a growing worldwide record of atrocities that includes the murder of freethinking bloggers, law students, and satirical cartoonists.

“It feels like a betrayal,” she replies. “I’m still shocked and appalled by it. It’s difficult to move on. The betrayal of the left has really hurt us, because in principle these people should be on our side, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with us in our efforts to reform Islam and bring human and women’s rights to Islamic countries. But they’re barring the gate, telling us we’re ‘Islamophobic’ or spurring hatred toward Muslims or contributing to a hostile atmosphere for them. They even say we’re contributing to Western imperialism. This is nonsense and is appalling to us.”

I totally agree with her that the constant accusations of racism and Islamophobia from anyone who questions or disagrees with Islam's teachings hurt moderate Muslims.

I don’t know what world I’m living in when I can’t even acknowledge that there’s a problem and that it’s at a much more extreme level [in Islamic countries] than anything we have in the West, when saying that in itself is [considered] a form of racism, a form of bigotry.”

Haider concludes that “If the left doesn’t take up this issue” – that is, start speaking honestly about Islam and its demerits – “they’re letting the right take it, and people end up looking to Donald Trump to protect them from terror, from morals that are rooted in the ideas of centuries ago. And that’s outrageous. Of course Trump isn’t the solution. But you’ve placed people in a situation where they feel they have no other choice. It’s only going to get worse if the left refuses to even engage with these ideas.”

It’s time for the illiberal left to sober up, take an honest look at and speak frankly about Islam, and start treating Haider and her freethinking fellows as cherished allies. After all, they have ditched a regressive, misogynistic ideology for a rational, evidence-based secular worldview, often at great risk to themselves. They are people who have the courage to act on their convictions. They are taking a brave stand for the truth and Enlightenment values in the darkest time in recent decades.

They are heroes.