This week in Islam

kimmy

13 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Sure thing...defender of the faith.

:lol:

It's funny that in what is essentially a civil war within Islam between radical jihadists who want a clash of civilizations and moderate Muslims, you are firmly on the side of the jihadists. You are determined to discredit the moderate faction as much as possible and promote an inevitable clash alongside your ISIL brethren.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

It's funny that in what is essentially a civil war within Islam between radical jihadists who want a clash of civilizations and moderate Muslims, you are firmly on the side of the jihadists. You are determined to discredit the moderate faction as much as possible and promote an inevitable clash alongside your ISIL brethren.

Dialamah isn't a Muslim and there is no such thing as moderate Islam.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Goddess said:

One point from the book I found interesting:

This is why I prefer using terms that denote values, such as "Islamist", "liberal" or "conservative" Muslim.

I think I know what he means by "Islamist" and "liberal", but not sure what he'd mean by 'conservative'.  For me, that would be a Muslim along the lines of horse-and-buggy Mennonites.  For someone else I suspect that would be someone who'd engage in honor killings/FGM and similar activities; I would consider those people just criminals.   Does he offer a definition for each category?

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BubberMiley said:

You read that in your Jihadi playbook, but 1.5 billion people going about peaceful day-to-day lives prove you wrong.

There is only Islam...

You're free to support it and work towards its supremacy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BubberMiley said:

Again, you sound like a jihadi. It's clear whom you agree with most in the current Islamic civil war.

Again, you're free to support Islam on its drive to world domination. Step one is: criminalize any criticism of Islam by kuffars.

This play is at bat right now...you can do your part for Islam by supporting M103.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Again, you're free to support Islam on its drive to world domination. Step one is: criminalize any criticism of Islam by kuffars.

This play is at bat right now...you can do your part for Islam by supporting M103.

Again, you're free to support radical Islam on its drive to world domination. Step one is: try to create a clash of civilizations by insisting the West and Islam are incompatible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Again, you're free to support radical Islam on its drive to world domination. Step one is: try to create a clash of civilizations by insisting the West and Islam are incompatible.

Again, you're free to assist and support Islam. I already view you as the enemy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

You read that in your Jihadi playbook, but 1.5 billion people going about peaceful day-to-day lives prove you wrong.

Actually, doesn't our resident Muslim from Turkey say the same thing?

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

MEanwhile, in 'moderate' United Arab Emerites, a Ukrainian and a South African have been in jail for the last month for having consensual sex.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39208946

When you try to lump them all together as radical jihadis, you make the enemy stronger and bolster the jihadi cause.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You're the one actively spreading the message of jihad, not me. Maybe that's why you view me as the enemy.

You're free to support Islam in its drive for supremacy over the kufar.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're free to support Islam in its drive for supremacy over the kufar.

What do they call you when you know full well who your enemies are but you fail to do anything about them? The same thing they call me? Quisling, traitor, coward, supporter..what?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Argus said:

MEanwhile, in 'moderate' United Arab Emerites, a Ukrainian and a South African have been in jail for the last month for having consensual sex.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39208946

Ever question the fact that our nation sold hundreds of millions of dollars worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia?

21 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Ever question the fact that our nation sold hundreds of millions of dollars worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia?

Not especially. Why? If we refused would that accomplish anything?

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yeah, I'm against it, but strangely enough, neither Harper nor Trudeau consulted me on it.

Edited by bcsapper

20 hours ago, Argus said:

Defenders of the right would be apoplectic and it would send a shock-wave of fear through our allies and the West's military-industrial complex.  

Trudeau would likely risk assassination.

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

Defenders of the right would be apoplectic and it would send a shock-wave of fear through our allies and the West's military-industrial complex.  

Trudeau would likely risk assassination.

Yeah, they can be dodgy, those Saudis. 

On 2017-03-07 at 10:58 AM, Goddess said:

I don't understand how there can be so much of this going on in the world, when according to some here, there are only about a half dozen "bad apples" in the religion.

It should not be surprising if you consider how recently women's rights were changed for the better in western countries over perhaps only 100 years. Prior to that, and everywhere, women are culturally suppressed. Even among Christian nations.

On 2017-03-08 at 11:42 AM, BubberMiley said:

When you try to lump them all together as radical jihadis, you make the enemy stronger and bolster the jihadi cause.

Seems there is only one way to deal with the jihadis effectively, and it's not achieved by talking.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

It should not be surprising if you consider how recently women's rights were changed for the better in western countries over perhaps only 100 years. Prior to that, and everywhere, women are culturally suppressed. Even among Christian nations.

Were they executed for having sex outside of marriage? Did their own families beat them to death if they married against their will? Did police wander the streets with canes to use on any woman who showed an ankle or some hair or looked like she was wearing makeup? Did the law specifically state that a woman's testimony was worth half that of a man? 

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

Were they executed for having sex outside of marriage? Did their own families beat them to death if they married against their will? Did police wander the streets with canes to use on any woman who showed an ankle or some hair or looked like she was wearing makeup? Did the law specifically state that a woman's testimony was worth half that of a man? 

Depends how far back you go in time. Until recently, like 100 years ago or maybe 200, laws did not protect women from beatings by their husband, including whipping them to within inches of their lives.