This week in Islam

kimmy

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

...the Chinese what...people, religion government?

Whoever is guilty of excesses, obviously.

Clearly you didn't

I did.  I made sure to say some of them.  Like I said, if you thought I was talking about the peasantry and giving the bosses a pass, I can't help that.

No, I'm suggesting your sloppy writing style reflects your sloppy way of thinking.  How is anyone to tell what the hell you're suggesting?  You just said Islam and the Chinese. You either conflated a religion with a race or the other way around, why?  I'm not surprised DOP didn't correct you for mistaking Islam for a race, my guess is because you guys roll the same way and for much the same reason.  See how easy it is to lump things together?

You could always say you didn't understand exactly what I meant.  I wouldn't believe you, but you could say that.  As for your point there, I meant Islam (the religion - some of them) and the Chinese (the people - some of them).  I'm sorry if you got confused.

I'm not making up rubbish, I'm pointing it out.  You made no attempt whatsoever to differentiate between a hateful regime and the ocean of humanity under it's thumb until the difference was pointed out to you.  You do this a lot in threads that involve Islam and Muslims along with your caveats and back-peddling but after awhile it's hard to tell if you're just being ignorant or...worse.

This is what I mean by rubbish.  If you think I blame the "ocean of humanity under its thumb" for locking up a million Muslims, rather than the thumb, then you're talking rubbish.  Deliberately, I think, because you're really not that dumb.

Edited by bcsapper

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Whoever is guilty of excesses, obviously.

Nothing is obvious with you people anymore - you misconstrue, conflate and discombobulate what were once commonly used definitions like you were stupid or simply forgot.

Deliberately, I think, because you're really not that dumb.

Couldn't have said it better myself.   

Just now, eyeball said:

Nothing is obvious with you people anymore - you misconstrue, conflate and discombobulate what were once commonly used definitions like you were stupid or simply forgot.

Couldn't have said it better myself.   

If ever I misconstrue, conflate and discombobulate you can argue the point.  Or not, if it just upsets you enough to pretend that I do.

That's why I said it.

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

If ever I misconstrue, conflate and discombobulate you can argue the point.  Or not, if it just upsets you enough to pretend that I do.

It's the sloppy way you think that discombobulates what you write. You don't seem to have much control over it.  

That's why I said it.

I have no reason to believe you. Sorry but it just is what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, eyeball said:

It's the sloppy way you think that discombobulates what you write. You don't seem to have much control over it.  

I have no reason to believe you. Sorry but it just is what it is.

I could be more precise when I'm talking to you, I suppose.  Which Muslims (or Chinese) have I ever insulted that you thought didn't deserve it?  Let me know, and if I remember why I did it, I'll explain it to you.

You don't have to apologise for your beliefs.  Only if you try to force someone else to believe it.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

I could be more precise when I'm talking to you, I suppose. 

Or more precise when thinking about things generally.

Which Muslims (or Chinese) have I ever insulted that you thought didn't deserve it?

I'd say these Muslims for sure.   I mean, where's their excess?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Or more precise when thinking about things generally.

No, I'm fine with the thinking thing.

I'd say these Muslims for sure.   I mean, where's their excess?

When did I insult them?  Was one of them mean to a blasphemer?

Edited by bcsapper

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If anything it's blasphemers that have been mean to them but you just lumped them with the rest of Islam anyway.

No I didn't.  I purposely make sure that is exactly what I don't do. 

Annoying, isn't it?

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

No, you're either genuinely wrong

Maybe.....but I doubt it.

First of all, it is absolutely enough to say those few words because they express my thinking completely.

You realize an expression is usually understood to be something that reaches the target audience? It may be I am the only one not seeing it — wherefore the 'fault' would be in me, but if people in general aren't seeing it, then there is a 'fault' in your expression, or alternatively, you are confused about the message your words and tone send forward.

By now it ought to be a given,

It isn't. Your harangues aren't entirely consistent. Your tone appears to me, to go back and forth between moderate intolerance and fundamental bigotry.

but when people are looking for ways to deflect from the awful facts, it pays not to give them an in. (They deflect anyway, but that's beside the point)

Good— I don't get it.

I don't know any evil Muslims.  I only know of evil (evil?  It's just a word that might or might not fully describe who I'm talking about) Muslims. 

Are you saying that all Muslims are evil? I'd think not, but that's the only way I can understand that phrase.

Those who would punish acts such as blasphemy, apostasy, adultery, homosexuality, etc.   Those who think Sharia law is a good idea.  Those who think women should wear what they say they should. 

Those are the kind you know, the kind you judge and/or the kind you consider 'evil' (with evil not entirely fitting as a word)?

That's why evil doesn't fit exactly. 

What is?

Those who would take a machete to a blasphemous Bangladeshi blogger are evil. 

You mean murder them or just lend one to them? I don't think killing a person makes one evil.

Those who would write a strongly worded letter to the editor decrying the increasing tendency of women to show their hair are just wrong. 

Depends on the society and the definition of wrong. The problem may not be the hair that is shown, but what it signifies.

If you would like to speak up in their defence,

I don't think they need defending.

To make somethings clearer—

homosexuality

— homosexuality is not an act.

— sodomy is unlawful regardless of gender.

— fornication and adultery are unlawful regardless of gender

apostasy

Apostasy includes warring against the ummah.

Blasphemy, I think, also includes other crimes such as treason, in order to be punishable by law.

It cannot be wrong to say what women — or men should wear. Forcing women to wear something and advising them on what they should wear are two entirely different things.

If I tell someone they should put on a thicker coat, am I forcing them to put on a thicker coat?

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Lesson #1: Islam is always the victim.

Correct answer to the final exam:

DoP has had nothing new to add to the topic for at least several months now — the most likely rational conclusion is that DoP will not have anything new to add to the topic for the next several months.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marocc said:

Correct answer to the final exam:

DoP has had nothing new to add to the topic for at least several months now — the most likely rational conclusion is that DoP will not have anything new to add to the topic for the next several months.

Islam is Nazism with a god complex. It's pretty simple, really. You just try to make it look more complex than that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

If you think I blame the "ocean of humanity under its thumb" for locking up a million Muslims, rather than the thumb

It's certainly worth thinking about, what leads into this type of thing. Who has been spreading a negative attitude against Islam and Muslims? Have you been? Do you not think it influences anything or anyone? Don't you have any sense of responsibility?

57 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Maybe.....but I doubt it.

Then so do I.

You realize an expression is usually understood to be something that reaches the target audience? It may be I am the only one not seeing it — wherefore the 'fault' would be in me, but if people in general aren't seeing it, then there is a 'fault' in your expression, or alternatively, you are confused about the message your words and tone send forward.

The target audience is only posters on here.  You're relatively new, but I've been saying it for years.  I don't see how it could mean anything else.  The point of my posts usually reinforces that.

It isn't. Your harangues aren't entirely consistent. Your tone appears to me, to go back and forth between moderate intolerance and fundamental bigotry.

If you define bigotry as a refusal to except certain ideas as valid then we are all bigots.  If you define it as another term for racist then you are simply, but egregiously wrong.  As for intolerance, to be intolerant of vile and often deadly intolerance somehow seems okay to me.  Maybe you differ.

Good— I don't get it.

No problem.  Happens to the best of us.

Are you saying that all Muslims are evil? I'd think not, but that's the only way I can understand that phrase.

You really aren't trying.  But to put your mind at rest, that is absolutely not what I meant at all.  I meant with regard to the term "evil".  I don't know any evil Muslims.  I only know of evil Muslims.  From the news and such.  The none evil ones do not form part of the phrase.

Dinner.  I'll get to the rest after I've eaten.

Edited by bcsapper

2 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

I'm not stopping you from attending Nazi rallies nor joining Islam. Have at 'er as they say.

2 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Lol yeah everyone who disagrees with you is a nazi.

Understood.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I said no such thing.

You're free to defend Islam and its association with the Nazis. 

Edited by DogOnPorch