This week in Islam

kimmy

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

According to wiki over thousands of homosexuals have been executed in Iran since the revolution.  saudi Arabia had a mass execution of 37 men of whom 4 where accused of homosexuality and Hirsy Ali writs that islam is uniquely violent against homosexuals. 

Thanks for the propagandist input anyway.

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

You don't care about the plight of women in Islam

I have an idea. What if you stopped arguing about who cares the most and start talking about who does the most to help people?

Those extreme case victim female Muslims you give as examples so eagerly are not affected by your caring if it doesn't transform into action.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goddess said:

I told you I have friends in the military who suffer from having to watch little boys be raped repeatedly in Afghanistan  and you asked how my friends got free from Afghanistan.

Now I think I understand. Your friends — all of them together possibly — were part of a sort of nonexistent 'peaceful military' who walk from door to door like missionaries spreading the secular message of peace. While on their mission they got caught by enemy forces and were forced to watch.......

......... No wait, this doesn't work. I still have to ask, how they were freed.

How were they freed?

Did they get to grow drugs after that in Afganistan land?

10 hours ago, Marocc said:

No. I'm not commenting on that. I'm saying your sources are propaganda sources.

So it's true, but propaganda anyway, that's funny.     Here's three from another 'propaganda source'  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/sep/07/iran-executes-men-homosexuality-charges

14 minutes ago, scribblet said:

So it's true, but propaganda anyway, that's funny.

Funny and bizarre.

Bizarre that these two throw their full support behind a religion that kills/imprisons gays while demonizing those who point this out as wrong.

Weird how one of them says "There is no punishment for homosexuality in Islam" and the other says, "Yes, there's a punishment, but no one in Islam actually hates or kills or imprisons gays and any news reports that say gays have been executed are propaganda."

What an easy way out - all Islam's atrocities are just "fake news" and propaganda.  What kind of person closes their eyes to these things and insists on supporting the rights of the perpetrators and oppressors over the rights of those they are oppressing and killing?

15 hours ago, Goddess said:

Your worst insults, accusations and threats are all aimed at those who criticize Islam. 

My remarks are directed specifically to those, like yourself, who use propaganda to spread misinforrmation and outright lies. 

Case in point: Islam says that lying to save one's life is acceptable.  You,  Argus, DoP and others use this out-of-context to accuse Muslims of lying about anything you don't want to hear or goes against your pre-conceived notions of Islam and Muslims.  

There is a huge difference between "criticizing Islam" and accusing people of lying because you've taken something out of context to refute stuff you don't want to hear or be known.

13 hours ago, Marocc said:

I have an idea. What if you stopped arguing about who cares the most and start talking about who does the most to help people?

Those extreme case victim female Muslims you give as examples so eagerly are not affected by your caring if it doesn't transform into action.

To give Goddess credit where its due, she is involved with a group that helps women escape from cult-like religions.  She's just got a huge blind spot when it comes to Muslims.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

who use propaganda to spread misinforrmation and outright lies. 

Yes, yes.  Anything in the news that is unflattering to Islam is propaganda, misinformation and lies.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

stuff you don't want to hear or be known.

Pot, meet kettle.

Stuff like "Islam deals harshly with homosexuals."  What is that - propaganda, misinformation or a lie?

Stuff like "Islam is a very misogynistic religion". Propaganda, misinformation or lies?

Stuff like "Women should not have to wear burkas to go out in public."  Propaganda, misinformation or lies?

Stuff like "Islamic terrorism is a real problem in the world." Propaganda, misinformation or lies?

No, my dear - it's YOU who doesn't want to hear these things, have them discussed or known. 

Unfortunately, your bullying tactics cannot prevent all this from becoming known about Islam.  People have figured out it's not the "religion of peace".  You can fight it all you want, but people know.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

To give Goddess credit where its due, she is involved with a group that helps women escape from cult-like religions.  She's just got a huge blind spot when it comes to Muslims.

Compliment/Slap

Islam is also a cult-like religion that women/everyone needs help to escape from.  It's really one of the only ones that has an actual death penalty for leaving (actually death penalty is for a lot of things in Islam - from perceived insults to their book, to a woman with a tress of hair poking from under her scarf or refusing to wear it to homosexuality to apostasy, etc.). Most others will just shun those who leave.  It's also one of the few that proscribes wife-beating and polygamy.  It really is one of the worst for women.

2 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Ahh   more insults, the ammunition of the unintelligent.   You lose any credibility you had when you cannot respond intelligently.

Insults and vagueness.

She still can't figure out how my military friends who were stationed in Afghanistan got "free". :rolleyes:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Marocc said:

I didn't say it's true, you liar.

You didn't say it wasn't.  Scribblet said it was, and it is, so she's no liar.

You might be.  Depending on a person's interpretation of your zealotry fueled obfuscation.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yes, yes.  Anything in the news that is unflattering to Islam is propaganda, misinformation and lies.

Pot, meet kettle.......

Exactly.   Most people can't understand this ideology of rape and  murder that's so prevalent and common in one culture;  yes it happens in other cultures, but not to the extent that it is so  prevalent in Islam.  Yet, we're supposed to integrate these people here, by allowing them to cross borders illegally?    Just look at Europe where mass migration has caused huge problems where notably in Sweden they are having huge problems with integrating them. 

https://www.thelocal.de/20190731/refugees-receives-classes-on-sexual-consent-in-berlin

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/germans-shaken-by-series-of-violent-immigrant-attacks-1.3952832

30 minutes ago, scribblet said:

more insults

If that's an insult to you then you're insulting your own 'dignity' by lying constantly.

the ammunition of the unintelligent. 

What value does intelligence have if it doesn't come with kindness?

You lose any credibility you had when you cannot respond intelligently.

It never occurred to me I had to take care of my credibility with you. :lol: Now that I think about it... No, it really isn't necessary. Credibility is not a concern of mine in itself, but honesty is. With that I have the other one too.

Edited by Marocc

2 minutes ago, Marocc said:

If that's an insult to you then you're insulting your own 'dignity' by lying constantly.

What value does intelligence have if it doesn't come with kindness?

It never occurred to me I had to take care of my credibility with you. :lol: Now that I think about it... No, it really isn't necessary. Credibility is not a concern of mine in itself, but honesty is. With that I have the other one too.

I haven`t lied but you choose not to believe it so therefore to you it`s a `lie`.     Have a good day

16 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Exactly.   Most people can't understand this ideology of rape and  murder that's so prevalent and common in one culture;  yes it happens in other cultures, but not to the extent that it is so  prevalent in Islam.  Yet, we're supposed to integrate these people here, by allowing them to cross borders illegally?    Just look at Europe where mass migration has caused huge problems where notably in Sweden they are having huge problems with integrating them. 

https://www.thelocal.de/20190731/refugees-receives-classes-on-sexual-consent-in-berlin

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/germans-shaken-by-series-of-violent-immigrant-attacks-1.3952832

There's a good example of the twisted logic most lefties have when it comes to immigration and multiculturalism in the last paragraph of your "Classes" link there.

Professor Heinz-Jürgen Voss, professor of sexology at the University of Merseburg, noted that it was precisely because "differences in culture and customs exist" that such training is "useful".

He believes the courses should be offered to refugees throughout Germany.

Aid group Pro-Asyl however has a different view.

"We learn values and norms better in daily lives than in class," it says.

"Contact with people, support at school and an access to the job market are the best keys for integration and prevention."

The classes are voluntary, (and I assume, free) so there is no real reason for objecting to them. 

Object to them they do, though, and the reason they give is that refugees should be allowed to learn by themselves.  But refugees and immigrants are allowed to go where they want, and live where they want, and if one were to try and change that they would surely object.  So how do they learn values and norms from contact with people when those people have the same values and norms?

It's the same attitude that prevents people from acknowledging the differences in the first place.  Self imposed blindness.

They're not doing anyone any favours.  Except maybe themselves.