This week in Islam

kimmy

15 hours ago, marcus said:

OMG! They got Sinead! Who is next? Bono?!

And already doing her best to ensure Islam is regarded as a hostile cult by so many in the west.

In a string of messages posted to Twitter, the 51-year-old – who shot to fame in 1990 for her version of “Nothing Compares 2 U” – called all those who are not Muslims “disgusting” and criticised Christian and Jewish theologians.

“What I’m about to say is something so racist I never thought my soul could ever feel it,” she wrote. “But truly I never wanna spend time with white people again (if that’s what non-Muslims are called). Not for one moment, for any reason. They are disgusting.”

4 hours ago, Argus said:

And already doing her best to ensure Islam is regarded as a hostile cult by so many in the west.

In a string of messages posted to Twitter, the 51-year-old – who shot to fame in 1990 for her version of “Nothing Compares 2 U” – called all those who are not Muslims “disgusting” and criticised Christian and Jewish theologians.

“What I’m about to say is something so racist I never thought my soul could ever feel it,” she wrote. “But truly I never wanna spend time with white people again (if that’s what non-Muslims are called). Not for one moment, for any reason. They are disgusting.”

Lock your doors Argus! They're coming! They now have a leader in Ireland, Sinead!

This paranoid mentality triggers people to pick up guns and go on a rampage, shooting up mosques. A big part of this paranoid behaviour is the lack of education and the failure of parents to educate their children. The oversimplifying of who people are, the stereotypes, the brushstrokes are a symptom of the loud minority whining about the Muslim takeover.

You guys are not far off from this degenerate:

Suspect in Kansas bar shooting of Indians apparently thought they were Iranians

Link

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Wow, all non Muslims no less. None of that "just the bad ones" rubbish for her.

I never thought she'd become such a degenerate!

On 9/14/2019 at 1:28 PM, Argus said:

She has since recanted her statements about  non-Muslims.

I find it disturbing that the religion inspires so much hatred.

24 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It is a religion inspired by a conquering prince, who said anyone against me is evil and must die. Why would anyone expect such a religion to be kindly and tolerant?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's called Al-wala' wa-l-bara'. This is the Islamic concept of loving what Allah loves and hating what Allah hates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wala'_Wal_Bara'

http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/islamicways/id15.html

Scotland has proposed a law to prevent FGM, but Muslims are upset because apparently a law to protect women from genital mutilation is racially motivated because it excludes intimate piercings and cosmetic surgery.   Really…   getting your ears pierced is hardly akin to FGM, but hey – who knew. 

Proposals to seize passports and detain anyone suspected of the practice have angered Africans and Muslims in Scotland who fear that they are being racially profiled.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/new-law-on-fgm-is-racially-motivated-holyrood-told-9vlsdf0lc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This gives one pause for thought

https://www.france24.com/en/20190923-paris-notre-dame-female-suspected-jihadists-women-trial-botched-terror-attack-group

Five women go on trial at a special Paris court on Monday for attempting to blow up a car near Notre-Dame Cathedral in 2016 in what prosecutors say was a failed jihadist attack.

The women, now between the ages of 22 and 42, are charged with attempting to explode a vehicle laden with fuel-doused gas canisters in the shadow of the medieval monument in central Paris.

No one was hurt in the incident. Police were quickly able to trace the car, which belonged to the father of one of the key suspects, and some of the women's fingerprints and DNA were found on the gas canisters.

According to unnamed sources, the women had also been plotting other attacks and were looking at train stations in Paris and the city's southern outskirts, as well as police officers, as potential targets.

This is pretty funny, and really speaks to the issue of criticism vs Islamophobia.

You'll never see so many people make so much effort to say nothing as you will in the video.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/26/the-genius-of-the-islam-is-right-about-women-stunt/

Except the obvious Muslim, who is the only one who makes any sense.

Edited by bcsapper

I like this part.  Western society has managed to convince itself (at least in public) that any statement criticising any aspect of Islam is, by definition, bigotry. As a result, Western societies have effectively decided to enforce Islamic restrictions on blasphemy, and called it ‘tolerance’.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scribblet said:

I like this part.  Western society has managed to convince itself (at least in public) that any statement criticising any aspect of Islam is, by definition, bigotry. As a result, Western societies have effectively decided to enforce Islamic restrictions on blasphemy, and called it ‘tolerance’.

Thus, we end up with bizarre and contradictory statements like, "Yes, there is a lot of misogyny in Islam." and "Very few Muslims follow the religion's misogynistic teachings."

I think some of these ones with cognitive dissonance are okay with criticising Islam by admitting (usually very reluctantly) that there is a lot of misogyny in Islam but that's as far as they allow the discussion to go.   Any specifics about the actual misogyny, why it's wrong, how it affects women or how it affects society in general are viewed as intolerant views.  They  also require a  lot of hand holding and reassurance that "not all Muslims".

• Like 1

This made a bit of a splash as Islam's western supporters' brains exploded due to contradictory thoughts.

methode_times_prod_web_bin_d1d613e8-deeb-11e9-9f61-dcefea5f5359.thumb.jpg.223d1d08849129d2d6f3481e185ec880.jpg

They were pulled down as hate speech....but nobody can say why.

:D

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/26/the-genius-of-the-islam-is-right-about-women-stunt/

Edited by DogOnPorch

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

This made a bit of a splash as Islam's western supporters' brains exploded due to contradictory thoughts.

methode_times_prod_web_bin_d1d613e8-deeb-11e9-9f61-dcefea5f5359.thumb.jpg.223d1d08849129d2d6f3481e185ec880.jpg

They were pulled down as hate speech....but nobody can say why.

Because its just sarcastic trolling.  Nobody's brains exploded, that splash was just your diaper overflowing.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Because its just sarcastic trolling. 

Yes, you get the irony...because we all know what Islam really thinks about women: as second class baby factories who are better unseen and unheard.

Yet, folks still support it as 'progressive' and Margaret Atwood shows no signs of writing about it as per The Handmaid's Tale.

;)

• Like 3

On 9/27/2019 at 4:34 PM, DogOnPorch said:

Yes, you get the irony...because we all know what Islam really thinks about women: as second class baby factories who are better unseen and unheard.

So do a lot Christians and if you've seen one religious nut you've seen them all right?  The only irony here is that you're an atheist.

Yet, folks still support it as 'progressive' and Margaret Atwood shows no signs of writing about it as per The Handmaid's Tale.

Support what exactly baby factories or religious nuts?  There's nothing progressive in anything you're implying/saying/thinking/trolling here.

And wtf does Margaret Atwood have to do with anything?  Oh right...whatever progressives do or don't do sends an immediate signal that something nefariously virtuous must be going on.  We all know how conservatives think too - every bit as deludedly as an Islamic nut-bar actually.

Four police killed in Paris by a Muslim convert. Apparently he was in an angry dispute with his supervisors the last little while because he did not want to have to deal with or talk to women.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7533375/Knifeman-attacks-police-officers-Paris-police-station.html

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

Four police killed in Paris by a Muslim convert. Apparently he was in an angry dispute with his supervisors the last little while because he did not want to have to deal with or talk to women.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7533375/Knifeman-attacks-police-officers-Paris-police-station.html

He had been working there for 20 years and had never caused any problems before, Mr Travers said.  

Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said the attacker had 'never shown any behaviour problems'. 

A model employee for 20 years, converts to Islam last year and goes on a stabbing spree.  But we're not supposed to worry about what this religion is teaching.

54 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Millions of people converted to Islam over the past year, and stabbed nobody.   But we are supposed to worry about what this religion is teaching.

What's a few dead compared to the glory of Islam, eh?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Millions of people converted to Islam over the past year,

You may want to research that a little more before you brag about it.

https://www.newenglishreview.org/Ibn_Warraq/Population_and_the_True_Number_of_Converts_to_Islam/

Islam loses as many as it "converts", a fair amount of the "conversions" are due to the above average birthrate and many who do convert - do not stay with the religion for longer than a few years, as they are only doing it as a form of social protest.  Thankfully, non-religions such as atheism is growing faster.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/26351197.pdf

To be clear, no one is saying that ALL converts to Islam become terrorists, but more converts to Islam become violent than do converts to other religions.

Conversion and Extremism

Far from being a marginal phenomenon, the number of converts involved in fundamentalist and radical Islamist networks has been growing since the early 1990s. There are short and long-term considerations regarding this phenomenon. The recent spate of attacks involving converts provides a greater incentive to objectively consider why converts, especially those in Western countries, have increasingly become involved in terrorism in the last decade.

Radicalization of converts is most frequently a two-step process: 1. The first step involves conversion to a new faith. 2. The second stage, involving a very small minority of converts overall, usually sees converts radicalizing as a result of social interaction; it is less common for converts to self-radicalize in isolation. The radicalization process which involves the convert developing a more extreme interpretation of their faith to legitimize or justify violence generally takes months or, more usually years.

To prevent future tragedies, we must scientifically determine what factors might turn ordinarily peaceful Muslim converts into extremists who use violence in the name of their religion.

^^^ I believe the extremist nature of many of the religion's teachings are to blame - misogyny, hatred of others such as Jews and non-Muslims, hatred of gays, etc. , in addition to other factors.  I don't believe you can have explicit teachings - that women are deserving of lesser treatment, non-Muslim women are deserving of even less than that, Jews, gays and everyone else are deserving of death, that "convert or die" is a legitimate thing -  and then act surprised when converts act on those beliefs or claim they "misunderstand" the teachings.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Goddess said:

Islam loses as many as it "converts", 

Oddly, most of the converts to Islam are from Christianity, but relatively few Muslims convert to Christianity.

14 hours ago, Goddess said:

a fair amount of the "conversions" are due to the above average birthrate

Newborns are not "converts"'; that's a ridiculous notion and if that's what your link tried to claim, I'm glad I didn't read it.

many who do convert - do not stay with the religion for longer than a few years

No doubt.  

Thankfully, non-religions such as atheism is growing faster.

Something we can agree on.

Even in Arab countries, atheism seems to be spreading.

https://newrepublic.com/article/121559/rise-arab-atheists

In 2012, a wide-ranging WIN/Gallup International poll found that 5 percent of Saudi citizens—more than a million people—self-identify as “convinced atheists,” the same percentage as in the United States. Nineteen percent of Saudis—almost six million people—think of themselves as “not a religious person.” (In Italy, the figure is 15 percent.) ... 

Despite such draconian measures, (punishment for apostasy) the percentage of people who express some measure of religious doubt is higher in the Arab world (22 percent) than in South Asia (17 percent) and Latin America (16 percent). And that 22 percent is only an average; the percentage goes higher in some Arab countries, from 24 percent in Tunisia up to 37 percent in Lebanon. Considering the extent to which the Arab social and political environment impedes the expression of non­belief, the numbers of doubters and atheists would likely be significantly higher if people felt freer to speak their minds. In January, Egyptian atheist activist Ahmed Harqan told Ahram Online, “If the state preserved and protected the rights of minorities, the numbers of those who reveal they’re atheists would increase tenfold.”

It's not just Arab society that can't conceive of an Arab atheist, but also Westerners:

While Arab states downplay the atheists among their citizens, the West is culpable in its inability to even conceive of an Arab atheist. In Western media, the question is not if Arabs are religious, but rather to what extent their (assumed) religiosity can harm the West. In Europe, the debate focuses on immigration (are “Muslim immigrants” adverse to secular freedoms?) while in the United States, the central topic is terrorism (are “Muslims” sympathetic to it?). As for the political debate, those on the right suspect “Muslims” of being hostile to individual freedoms and sympathetic to jihad, while leftists seek to exonerate “Muslims” by highlighting their “peaceful” and “moderate” religiosity. But no one is letting the Arab populations off the hook for their Muslimhood. Both sides base their argument on the premise that when it comes to Arab people, religiosity is an unquestionable given, almost an ethnic mandate embedded in their DNA.

This is an interesting read from a woman who married a Muslim man and spent years in a harem in Afghanistan. Her take on life in religious theocracies contrasts with her contempt for western feminists who excuse it even as they praise Margarate Atwood's Handmaids Tail.

As Muslim women are being tortured, honor-murdered by their families, or stoned to death, sometimes for refusing to wear the veil, many Western multiculturally and politically correct post-colonial feminists are deconstructing and wearing the face veil and the head scarf as symbols of anti-racism and as a form of respect when they visit Muslim countries. Such feminists are also silencing and demonizing all other views in academic journals, in the media, and on feminist internet groups.

https://quillette.com/2019/10/02/gilead-resembles-an-islamic-theocracy-not-trumps-america/

• Like 2