Behold,Justin T./liberal hypocrosy in all its glory!

you already had a map drawn for you... let's try it again: Harper Conservatives are desperately looking to change the channel given the weeks-on-end media coverage of their scandals. So we get a handy lil' manufactured concern suddenly bust forward... a year after the same charity indicated it was "happy/content" with the speech in question. Timing/optics... oh ya, baby!

Did you say something Waldo? Sorry, I usually just tune you out.

Speaking of optics, JT was apparently a little short-sighted on this one. He obviously felt compelled to give back the charity money, so he apperently isn't toltally clueless.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the Conservatives were behind exposing the fact that JT charges charities for public speaking, it doesn't change the optics. But of course there's no evidence that they are behind it.

what do you mean "if"? What do you mean "no evidence"? It was just laid out for you a few posts back... the Grace Foundation letter initiated into/through the PMO via Harper Conservative MP Rob Moore (Fundy Royal). The link between the partisan vice-chair of the Grace Foundation and Moore's riding association was stated (wife-husband)... Moore was provided the vice-chairs letter. Ya, you're right... the optics speak for themselves. A full year after the speech, a full year after stating they were "happy/content" with the speech given, a full year after... up pops this gem right into the hands of the very Harper Conservative MP who has been the 'front-man' for attacks on Trudeau. Harper Conservative Change The Channel Optics - indeed!

Speaking of optics, JT was apparently a little short-sighted on this one. He obviously felt compelled to give back the charity money, so he apperently isn't toltally clueless.

I think it's because he is feeling the pressure. If there was not this much talk about it, he would most likely keep the money.

I think it's because he is feeling the pressure. If there was not this much talk about it, he would most likely keep the money.

Exactly. It doesn't matter who exposed his practice of charging charities for speaking. If people thought there was no problem with a sitting politician doing that then JT would have felt no need to pledge to repay the charities.

:lol: feel the burn Spiderfish, feel the burn!

The neighbor’s dog barks and barks. It barks at everything, it just won’t stop. It doesn’t realize that Its bark has lost all effect, people have simply gotten used to the noise. I’ve given up on it, too.

I apologize that I have no interest or urge to engage you in debate. How about from this point forward, we simply declare you the winner of any and all subsequent interactions between us.

Edited by Spiderfish

Exactly. It doesn't matter who exposed his practice of charging charities for speaking.

You don't have a problem with the PMO becoming a hyper-partisan extension of the Conservative Party? You do realize that traditionally government business has been kept separate from party business, don't you?

Thank god for sun news. I guess that is why JT refuses to do interviews with them.

I apologize that I have no interest or urge to engage you in debate. How about from this point forward, we simply declare you the winner of any and all subsequent interactions between us.

no problem - actually, before the last couple of post exchanges, I didn't even recollect you... have we had interactions in the past??? I certainly don't recall anything you've ever posted. You're new here, right?

You don't have a problem with the PMO becoming a hyper-partisan extension of the Conservative Party? You do realize that traditionally government business has been kept separate from party business, don't you?

yes!... and now member 'Boges' says it doesn't matter!!! This is not your grand-father's PMO... I'm just wondering if they're financing all this manufactured 'charity crisis' through the secret PMO-Conservative Party fund? :lol:

I'm not going to defend this PMO staffer, Erica Meekes, for what she did. The information she passed forward was irrelevant anyway it was done before JT was even an MP. She'll probably be thrown to the wolves for this.

Proof that the PM ordered her to do this still needs to be provided for this to be a scandal

Doesn't change the fact that the optics of what JT does is bad.

no problem - actually, before the last couple of post exchanges, I didn't even recollect you... have we had interactions in the past??? I certainly don't recall anything you've ever posted. You're new here, right?

I'm surprised, your memory and recollection of past exchanges is usually a lot shaprer than it seems to be at present. Regardless, I'm glad we finally agree on something.

I'm not going to defend this PMO staffer, Erica Meekes, for what she did. The information she passed forward was irrelevant anyway it was done before JT was even an MP. She'll probably be thrown to the wolves for this.

Proof that the PM ordered her to do this still needs to be provided for this to be a scandal

that's the Barrie speech you're referring to... before Trudeau was even an MP. It's the New Brunswick Grace Foundation speech that kicked this all off (again, via the PMO, via Harper Conservative MP Rob Moore, via Moore's riding ties to the Grace Foundation)

The PMO should concentrate on governance and not manufacturing scandals. We pay these people.

Not a surprise that the CPC is this slimy... They did pay a senator not to cooperate with an audit.

Edited by The_Squid

Agreed the optics are still the same, and note that the Media Party is now in full damage control mode as there`s more to this. So liberals don`t like this but are perfectly at ease with reporting on Rob Ford using drug dealers as their `source`, and perfectly comfortable with using innuendo and supposition from undisclosed sources to smear a politician. The only slime here is that of charging numerous good charities high speaking fees.

http://txwikinger.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/media-party-spiked-trudeau-speech-story-and-now-go-on-attack-to-defend-him

It turns out that the Liberal shills inside the Ottawa Press Gallery originally had the story that the Grace Foundation charity was asking for a refund from Trudeau and decided not to run it but now that it is out, are in full-damage control mode.

The Media Party started this by Facebook stalking the daughter of one of the board members of this charity who has strong Conservative ties and posting her photo on Twitter and in articles…

The PMO should concentrate on governance and not manufacturing scandals. We pay these people.

Not a surprise that the CPC is this slimy... They did pay a senator not to cooperate with an audit.

They did, you have no proof of that.

Agreed the optics are still the same...

How do you feel about taxpayer-funded government offices being turned into political party machines? Do you have absolutely no opinion on the partisan emails coming from the PMO, or would you rather just pretend it never happened and Harper must not have known about it?

All fair in love and war. I love it when the libs get thier panties in a knot because the tories shoved it right back in thier faces. There is alot more to come out on trudeau. It is not the CPC making up fake scandals followed by fake rage.

Agreed the optics are still the same...

Since you were unwilling to answer my first questions, I'll ask another one.

What do you think of the PMO sending out political information and requesting to be anonymous? Do you consider that acceptable, professional behaviour for the Office of the Prime Minister?

I expect another non-answer, because the true partisans know when something has backfired in their face and it's best to just leave it alone. :lol:

How do you feel about taxpayer-funded government offices being turned into political party machines? Do you have absolutely no opinion on the partisan emails coming from the PMO, or would you rather just pretend it never happened and Harper must not have known about it?

I agree they shouldn't have done it, but if you think for one minute that the other parties don't leak stuff to the press I can sell you some swampland.

The media wouldn't have batted an eye if they did it outside of the PMO, because as we know, the media is just AOK with unnamed anonymous sources including drug dealer. In fact, we know they are willing to ruin a person's life based on anonymous sources and allegations so why all of a sudden have they developed a conscience. Double standards because the media decides which sources it protects, or not..

What about the facebook stalking of the director's daughter, how many liberals are on the charity's board. What about Liberal shills inside the Ottawa Press Gallery holding the story and deciding not to run it because they didn't want to hurt Trudeau. They are the ones in damage control mode.