Behold,Justin T./liberal hypocrosy in all its glory!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it’s the Conservative Party of Canada’s fault that Tom Mulcair blew the doors off a RCMP cruiser and that Mr Trudeau grifted numerous charities, and has since stated that he'll payback the funds, so as to "make things right"………Gotcha.

He didn't "blow the doors off" a cruiser. That's a pathetic lie from a desperate partisan. But yes, I believe there are CPC operatives behind the story coming out.

You also don't know what "grifted" means, do you? It's more appropriate to Duffy, Wallen, Brazeau, or Harper's missing $3 million than a guy getting paid under an agreed-upon deal. Do you agree that people should come back a year after they said they were happy with a job and ask for their money back because they decided (suddenly without explanation) they are unsatisfied?

Trudeau would be better able to field that question, he's the one who felt compelled to give the money back.

But you're the one who suggested he's dishonest. How can you say that and not be willing to back it up?

He paid it back because they asked for it back. Some people don't like to see people they did business with complain about it and will do whatever it takes to make them happy, even if their complaints are pathetically partisan and ungrounded.

Edited by BubberMiley

Guest Derek L

He didn't "blow the doors off" a cruiser. That's a pathetic lie from a desperate partisan. But yes, I believe there are CPC operatives behind the story coming out.

Sure he did......Went right past a RCMP checkpoint and several stop signs......CTV has footage

You also don't know what "grifted" means, do you? It's more appropriate to Duffy, Wallen, Brazeau, or Harper's missing $3 million than a guy getting paid under an agreed-upon deal. Do you agree that people should come back a year after they said they were happy with a job and ask for their money back because they decided (suddenly without explanation) they are unsatisfied?

And grifting? What better word to describe Trudeau's actions, then liken him to a traveling Carnie or snake-oil salesman, what with going across the country taking money from charities, old folks and other assorted rubes.

I agree they are likely rubes, but I'm surprised by the sudden disgust with the idea of making an honest living in the free market. It makes me think that some people don't mind being perceived as hypocrites if they feel they can score political points or distract from their legitimately unethical behavior.

But you're the one who suggested he's dishonest. How can you say that and not be willing to back it up?

I made no such suggestion. I said someone has to keep him honest, meaning keep him honest with himself. His own words were that he was going to " make it right" which suggests that he felt what he did was wrong.

He paid it back because they asked for it back.

And what about all of the other charities he vowed to pay back and "make it right." They didn't ask for their money back.

You pay charities, you don't charge them. Taking money from a charity to speak is a pure scumbag move. That he even asked for that money in the first place makes him AT BEST a jerk. That he didn't at least immediately turn around and donate it back to the charity (opportunistically getting a tax receipt for the charitable donation), is beyond the pale.

I'm surprised by the sudden disgust with the idea of making an honest living in the free market. It makes me think that some people don't mind being perceived as hypocrites if they feel they can score political points or distract from their legitimately unethical behavior.

Trudeau obviously felt uneasy with the optics, if not the whole idea of collecting his fee from a charity. He isn't so much trying to score political points however, as salvage them.

You pay charities, you don't charge them. Taking money from a charity to speak is a pure scumbag move. That he even asked for that money in the first place makes him AT BEST a jerk. That he didn't at least immediately turn around and donate it back to the charity (opportunistically getting a tax receipt for the charitable donation), is beyond the pale.

Personally I don’t care whether the charity’s Liberal board made a mistake in inviting him. The point is that as an MP he should not have been charging a speaker’s fee to charities. He should’ve had a clue it would be bad optics.

I guess his expensing Grey Goose and big lunches should’ve been a clue to his future behaviour

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2012/05/20120502-200351.html

Trudeau expensed a $127 lunch for two that included fine brandies and on another occasion he billed $93 for sushi lunch for two.

Other receipts show a taste for the premium Grey Goose vodka.

In 2005, Trudeau charged the taxpayer-funded group for a $350 steak dinner in Halifax. The documents don't show how many people were present and questions about properly documenting expenses were subsequently raised by an auditor.

The documents also show that during Trudeau's time as chair, Katimavik engaged in selective political activity.

Trudeau obviously felt uneasy with the optics, if not the whole idea of collecting his fee from a charity. He isn't so much trying to score political points however, as salvage them.

Only after he was called on it.

He should have realized the optics were bad from the start. Which goes to the OP that this is an example of bad judgement by him.

This is great, people trying to defend the wonder boy, the boy that can't do no wrong.The double standards is amazing. Harper farts and people are screaming for the RCMP, but poor justin gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but it is all a mistake, just like justin said about his liberal senator harb. Only conservatives do bad things not us poor liberals. I can just see the libs slowly starting to move to the CPC.

Personally I don’t care whether the charity’s Liberal board made a mistake in inviting him.

charity's Liberal board!!! :lol:

with all this sudden found Harper Conservative partisan concern for charities, I suppose we could have some real fun here... where we have an assortment of Conservative senators (all appointed by Harper), accusing Canadian charities of being “influence peddlers”... suggesting Canadian charities might “take money from Al Qaeda, the Hamas or the Taliban”... calling them “anti-Canadian.” Notwithstanding Harper Conservative Cabinet Ministers accusing Canadian registered charities of “money-laundering.” Who wants to go there, hey?

Guest Derek L

And the NDP's retort:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/06/17/pol-mps-reaction-trudeau-speaking-fee-charities.html

NDP MP Charlie Angus told reporters outside the House of Commons Monday, "I was personally absolutely shocked that is was allowable." He said MPs are regularly asked to speak at schools or charitable events, but he's never heard of anyone charging for the service.

Angus continued that he does know of MPs who are doctors or nurses who work the occasional shift in hospital emergency departments to keep up their licence, but added, "What we don't make allowances for is people skipping votes, having terrible attendance records and running a side business."

I would think the MP’s billing said group for his or her expenses (Like plane ticket, meals and accommodations) would be reasonable (and better then them billing taxpayers), but praying upon non-profit charities……..What a scumbag….

Guest Derek L

excellent! We've already had one uber Harper Conservative partisan label Trudeau a "shylock".

Choose your own adventure:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scumbag

I like this one:

7. Scumbag 132 up, 41 down
A reprehensible person with no morals and holds no regard for anyone but him/herself.

Guest Derek L

I must say, JT does provide some excellent attack ad fodder. He's going to make it really easy for the CPC.

Oh yes......and he writes the attacks ads used against him.....himself.....

Don't forget though, the NDP is also loving the walking disaster that is Justin Trudeau ;)