Behold,Justin T./liberal hypocrosy in all its glory!

(Like plane ticket, meals and accommodations) would be reasonable (and better then them billing taxpayers), but praying upon non-profit charities……..What a scumbag….

First you're opposed to people freely entering into service agreements in a market economy and now you're opposed to prayer? Are there any traditional values you are not willing to give up to criticize Trudeau? :lol:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

First you're opposed to people freely entering into service agreements in a market economy and now you're opposed to prayer? Are there any traditional values you are not willing to give up to criticize Trudeau? :lol:

Apparently not, including spelling……then again, it’s apparent that Trudeau’s followers have a religious like devotion to the man.

Lots of charities pay for people to speak at events. It's a part of fundraising...bring in a big name, sell more tickets and get more donations etc. On the one hand, maybe its good that Justin paid back the money for events that didn't sell well (though that's entirely not his fault nor should he be obliged to pay them back). On the other hand, Justin looks pretty dumb for caving in like that not really knowing what the heck he was doing. I hope at least Justin speaks for free at some events just to give back his time to some good causes.

Personally, I wouldn't charge any charity a fee for me to speak at their event no matter how famous I was, I mean it's a charity for cripes sake!

Guest Derek L

Lots of charities pay for people to speak at events. It's a part of fundraising...bring in a big name, sell more tickets and get more donations etc. On the one hand, maybe its good that Justin paid back the money for events that didn't sell well (though that's entirely not his fault nor should he be obliged to pay them back). On the other hand, Justin looks pretty dumb for caving in like that not really knowing what the heck he was doing. I hope at least Justin speaks for free at some events just to give back his time to some good causes.

Personally, I wouldn't charge any charity a fee for me to speak at their event no matter how famous I was, I mean it's a charity for cripes sake!

Your last line is what is the bone of contention for many, I don’t think anyone has said Trudeau was wrong in a legal sense……..As is the fact that when first confronted by said charity several months ago, he wasn’t as forth coming in returning the money…..Only once said news became public did he offer said gesture.

Your last line is what is the bone of contention for many, I don’t think anyone has said Trudeau was wrong in a legal sense……..As is the fact that when first confronted by said charity several months ago, he wasn’t as forth coming in returning the money…..Only once said news became public did he offer said gesture.

What about lawyers who do work for charities? Should they do it for free? What about accountants who do the charity's books? Should they not charge?

Guest Derek L

What about lawyers who do work for charities? Should they do it for free? What about accountants who do the charity's books? Should they not charge?

Are said lawyers and accountants the leader of the Liberal Party of Canada? Do they get paid 20k for an evenings work?

Are said lawyers and accountants the leader of the Liberal Party of Canada? Do they get paid 20k for an evenings work?

has said leader of the Liberal Party of Canada given said speeches to any said charities... or to any said said of any said... since becoming said leader of said Liberal Party of Canada... said the waldo?

Guest Derek L

has said leader of the Liberal Party of Canada given said speeches to any said charities... or to any said said of any said... since becoming said leader of said Liberal Party of Canada... said the waldo?

I don’t know……..Clearly the speech in question was given a year ago, so he was not the leader at that point.
Edited by Derek L

I don’t know……..Clearly the speech in question was given a year ago, so he was not the leader at that point.

perhaps you should have known before incorrectly wording your statement... since becoming leader of the party Monsieur Trudeau has not given any speeches to any... said said.

Guest Derek L

perhaps you should have known before incorrectly wording your statement... since becoming leader of the party Monsieur Trudeau has not given any speeches to any... said said.

I never accused Mr Trudeau of giving speeches well being leader.

That's because Justin is a typical phoney politician.

Now, what about the charity's ethics in asking for the money back? It's not Justin's fault that the fundraiser bombed, it's very likely the charity's fault. Maybe the people who poorly organized the event should take the pay cut (if they work for the charity), not Justin?

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Guest Derek L

That's because Justin is a typical phoney politician.

Now, what about the charity's ethics in asking for the money back? It's not Justin's fault that the fundraiser bombed, it's very likely the charity's fault. Maybe the people who poorly organized the event should take the pay cut (if they work for the charity), not Justin?

Has anyone accused Mr Trudeau of turning the event into a bust?

How many members made money off charities?

so just the charities thing then hey? That's what's got you railing and frothing? Any concerns about Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler who is stated to have made an additional 6-figure income from a 'speeches venue' that frequently hosts Harper Conservative cabinet members "delivering the governments message"? Why... apparently... charity begins at home for Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler, hey?

Guest Derek L

read your words again... that I quoted. Context... and association... is everything - yes?

Please outline where I accused Mr Trudeau of giving speeches well Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada.....I clearly said that I do not know if he does or did.

Guest Derek L

so just the charities thing then hey? That's what's got you railing and frothing? Any concerns about Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler who is stated to have made an additional 6-figure income from a 'speeches venue' that frequently hosts Harper Conservative cabinet members "delivering the governments message"? Why... apparently... charity begins at home for Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler, hey?

I’m not familiar with his additional sources of income…..Does he take money from charities?

Please outline where I accused Mr Trudeau of giving speeches well Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada.....I clearly said that I do not know if he does or did.

oh, silly-buggar time again, hey? In the context of present-day, you compared persons of two different professions giving speeches to the leader of the Liberal Party... not to when speeches were given as a past MP.

I’m not familiar with his additional sources of income…..Does he take money from charities?

like I said, charity begins at home for Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler... he is said to make an additional 6-figure income relying upon a speaking venue where Harper Conservative cabinet ministers give speeches.

Guest Derek L

oh, silly-buggar time again, hey? In the context of present-day, you compared persons of two different professions giving speeches to the leader of the Liberal Party... not to when speeches were given as a past MP.

Why wouldn’t I refer to present day? That’s what I’d assume Squid was referring to………..Does or has Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau given speeches for money well leader, in particular to charities? I asked that of you already, to no avail mind you.

Guest Derek L

like I said, charity begins at home for Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler... he is said to make an additional 6-figure income relying upon a speaking venue where Harper Conservative cabinet ministers give speeches.

So it wasn't income garnered off charities?