Behold,Justin T./liberal hypocrosy in all its glory!

Why wouldn’t I refer to present day? That’s what I’d assume Squid was referring to………..Does or has Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau given speeches for money well leader, in particular to charities? I asked that of you already, to no avail mind you.

perhaps try reading for a change

perhaps you should have known before incorrectly wording your statement... since becoming leader of the party Monsieur Trudeau has not given any speeches to any... said said.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it wasn't income garnered off charities?

apparently... his own 'speeches venue' has become a charity - his personal charity... Harper Conservative cabinet ministers do not get paid for giving speeches at MP Mark Adler's 'speeches venue' (in fact, they can't get paid... that would be illegal). So... Harper Conservative cabinet ministers donate their time to MP Mark Adler... quite charitable of them, don't you think? Like I said, apparently, to Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler, charity... begins at home!

Guest Derek L

apparently... his own 'speeches venue' has become a charity - his personal charity... Harper Conservative cabinet ministers do not get paid for giving speeches at MP Mark Adler's 'speeches venue' (in fact, they can't get paid... that would be illegal). So... Harper Conservative cabinet ministers donate their time to MP Mark Adler... quite charitable of them, don't you think? Like I said, apparently, to Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler, charity... begins at home!

I suppose you have proof Mr Adler claims charitable benefits to his speeches right?

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/chrts/plcy/cps/cps-024-eng.html

Clearly the benefits associated with political contributions and those to deemed charities are a different mater……..So are you accusing Mr Adler or any other member of the Conservative Party of Canada with tax fraud?

Clearly the benefits associated with political contributions and those to deemed charities are a different mater.

benefits? What benefits? C'mon, Harper Conservative cabinet ministers aren't getting any benefits... it's charity, right? Apparently, as stated in the linked article, Harper Conservative cabinet ministers donate their time, free of charge, to Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler's 'speeches venue'... he makes money off of their charitable acts... their donations of time!

your CRA link is a nice touch - we're narrowing down your concerns! Apparently, you make a distinction between registered and non-registered charities!!! Who knew? :lol:

Guest Derek L

benefits? What benefits? C'mon, Harper Conservative cabinet ministers aren't getting any benefits... it's charity, right? Apparently, as stated in the linked article, Harper Conservative cabinet ministers donate their time, free of charge, to Harper Conservative MP Mark Adler's 'speeches venue'... he makes money off of their charitable acts... their donations of time!

your CRA link is a nice touch - we're narrowing down your concerns! Apparently, you make a distinction between registered and non-registered charities!!! Who knew? :lol:

The distinction is one of political contributions versus one of charity……….So does Mr Adler make money off charities as deemed by the CRA?

as i said, we're narrowing down your concerns... you should have properly defined your concerns over a distinction between registered and non-registered charities... as, as you say, deemed by the said CRA?

but let's be clear here: when you speak of a, as you say, "political contribution"... are you suggesting charities are giving political contributions when they pay for speeches to persons of a political persuasion?

Edited by waldo

Guest Derek L

as i said, we're narrowing down your concerns... you should have properly defined your concerns over a distinction between registered and non-registered charities... as, as you say, deemed by the said CRA?

but let's be clear here: when you speak of a, as you say, "political contribution"... are you suggesting charities are giving political contributions when they pay for speeches to persons of a political persuasion?

Not at all, I’m trying to understand your correlation between Mr Adler and Mr Trudeau……..So, did Mr Adler accept money from a charity in a similar manner as Mr Trudeau?

Not at all

you need to elaborate on your statement: if in the following quoted statement, you are not suggesting charities are giving political contributions when they pay for speeches to persons of a political persuasion... exactly what do you mean - just what are you saying in the following quote:

The distinction is one of political contributions versus one of charity

What a surprise! The complaining charity's board has CPC ties, including a recent patronage appointment. Can this party's actions get slimier than they already are? I think so!

http://o.canada.com/2013/06/17/justin-trudeau-will-repay-his-speakers-fee-to-n-b-charity-despite-ties-to-federal-conservatives/

Edited by BubberMiley

What a surprise! The complaining charity's board has CPC ties...

And the keynote speaker has Liberal ties, including deriving his income from being an MP, a position which includes public speaking as part of the duties expected from him.

The more I think about this, the more I feel that this guy needs to decide if he wants to be a professional paid public speaker, or an MP serving the public, because he can't be both. This goes for all MP's from all parties.

Are you suggesting a loyal CPC member deliberately invited JT to a charity event paying him $20,000 knowing it would fail so it would make him look bad?

I'm suggesting that a year after the fact, CPC operatives in the charity decided to manufacture a scandal to divert attention from fraud in the PMO.

The more I think about this, the more I feel that this guy needs to decide if he wants to be a professional paid public speaker, or an MP serving the public, because he can't be both.

the Ethics Commissioner said... he could. As I noted in an earlier post, more than 121 MP's declared some kind of additional income beyond their MP salaries — including some 68 Conservatives, 35 New Democrats and 14 Liberals

What a surprise! Look who's sowing this controversy. The same PMO that is under fire for fraud. I wonder if people will believe Harper when he says it all happened within his office without his knowledge. :lol:

http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/3843643-pm-s-office-sends-details-of-trudeau-s-talk-at-georgian/

Edited by BubberMiley

I'm suggesting that a year after the fact, CPC operatives in the charity decided to manufacture a scandal to divert attention from fraud in the PMO.

and why... would the Harper Conservative PMO (any PMO), be out contacting media outlets concerning charitable event speeches and distributing letters from the Grace Foundation? Is that the role of the PMO (any PMO)?

If all this was just a Conservative plot to make JT look bad then why would he come out Sunday saying he would pay back charities he talked to?

Will he come out accusing the CPC is trying to smear his good name now? Taking back his pledge to repay Grace because a Conservative is involved.

This show alot about JT 's character. It is all about the money, he is a liberal for christ sakes. That must drive the libs nuts , he is leader for a short time and his liberal entitlement attitude comes thru, so very quickly. At least harper is not in it for the money, he is a real leader a man that cares, not all about having fun.

What a surprise! The complaining charity's board has CPC ties, including a recent patronage appointment. Can this party's actions get slimier than they already are? I think so!

http://o.canada.com/2013/06/17/justin-trudeau-will-repay-his-speakers-fee-to-n-b-charity-despite-ties-to-federal-conservatives/

yeesh! Here's how the PMO got initially involved... Harper Conservative MP Rob Moore (Fundy Royal), the guy 'spearheading the Harper Conservative attack on Liberal leader Trudeau'... sent the letter from Grace Foundation board member Judith Baxter to the PMO. The same 'Judith Baxter' whose husband is on the executive of Moore's riding association. The same 'Judith Baxter' who has received from Harper Conservative cabinet ministers, multiple appointments as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Canadian Museum of Civilization. The same 'Judith Baxter' seen 'chilling with her homies' in the PMO per this twitpic:

782054387.jpg

What a surprise! The complaining charity's board has CPC ties, including a recent patronage appointment. Can this party's actions get slimier than they already are?

No slimier than the accusation that someone who was appointed to the board of a museum is trying to somehow make JT look bad by inviting him to a fundraiser to try and raise money for a seniors home, and orchestrating the failure of the event so that she could ask for the money back.

Gee, I wonder if it was all Conservative supporters on the Grace Foundation, or could their possibly be Liberal and NDP supporters involved in the organization as well? Maybe there are disgruntled Liberals who supported Mark Garneau during the leadership run who are now orchestrating this elaborate charity smear scheme...Hmmm.

Regardless, this story is a non-story. JT has promised to make it right... as he should. The bigger issue moving forward is whether MP's of any stripe should be charging for public speaking gigs, especially charities.

No slimier than the accusation that someone who was appointed to the board of a museum is trying to somehow make JT look bad by inviting him to a fundraiser to try and raise money for a seniors home, and orchestrating the failure of the event so that she could ask for the money back.

you already had a map drawn for you... let's try it again: Harper Conservatives are desperately looking to change the channel given the weeks-on-end media coverage of their scandals. So we get a handy lil' manufactured concern suddenly bust forward... a year after the same charity indicated it was "happy/content" with the speech in question. Timing/optics... oh ya, baby!

you already had a map drawn for you... let's try it again: Harper Conservatives are desperately looking to change the channel given the weeks-on-end media coverage of their scandals. So we get a handy lil' manufactured concern suddenly bust forward... a year after the same charity indicated it was "happy/content" with the speech in question. Timing/optics... oh ya, baby!

Hey why not just go the Warren Kinsella route and imply that the Ontario Liberal e-mail deleting scandal is a conservative plot to get people to forget about Rob Ford's Crack Smoking video that no one has and the PMO Chief of Staff that paid Mike Duffy off.

Even if the Conservatives were behind exposing the fact that JT charges charities for public speaking, it doesn't change the optics. But of course there's no evidence that they are behind it.

oh my! It just keeps getting better... now it's revealed the Harper Conservative PMO has been sending the local Barrie newspaper details of another charity speech Trudeau gave in Barrie. The PMO bumblers get caught on a couple of levels:

1 - the bumblers try to ensure their (PMO) anonymity by attaching a caveat that the information be referred to as coming from a “source,” not the PMO, when used.

2 - the date of the Barrie speech occurred prior to when Trudeau was even an MP! :lol: Harper Conservative PMO Bumblers-R-Us!!!