Behold,Justin T./liberal hypocrosy in all its glory!

Exactly. Add to that people with credit cards, or mortagages they can't afford. Then it's an issue. With Trudeau though, it's the charity's fault. No standard whatsoever. As usual.

Figures you would support an employer not wanting to pay someone they employ. Because that's just like the mortgage situation in the US.

Edited by cybercoma

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me people would want to know that the charity they are donating to is so incompetent with its money that it gives it away willingly without adequate return on the dollar.

It's possible they were expecting a bigger draw. If they wanted to ensure that, then they should have told Trudeau they would not pay him $20,000 but instead a percentage of tickets sold.

It's possible they were expecting a bigger draw. If they wanted to ensure that, then they should have told Trudeau they would not pay him $20,000 but instead a percentage of tickets sold.

One would also think that considering it was for charity, perhaps not accepting the full amount or any amount would've been more appropriate. Regardless, gettin paid ain't charity work, that's regular work.

As I asked prior, if everything is "A-OK", why is Mr Trudeau returning the money?

As answered already, because he's a politician.

But it is shocking the dirt the CPC is managing against the opposition to counter their crack-smoking and fraud allegations. Rolling through stop signs and getting paid for speaking engagements! :o

Guest Derek L

As answered already, because he's a politician.

But it is shocking the dirt the CPC is managing against the opposition to counter their crack-smoking and fraud allegations. Rolling through stop signs and getting paid for speaking engagements! :o

Meaning what? The (former) Liberal Senator does not plan to pay back his owed sum.....

Just like Duffy? You know, I find this kind of hyperbole to be counterproductive. As a sitting MP he shouldn't have charged for a speaking engagement. I'm glad he's paying the money back, but you're right, he's only doing it because of the bad optics and being caught. This situation is nothing like Mike Duffy's however.

I agree with you that this is a different situation/case.

But that's how politics go.

You live by the sword,you die by the sword.

WWWTT

Meaning what? The (former) Liberal Senator does not plan to pay back his owed sum.....

There's nothing "owed." The charity can't manage its money properly and Trudeau gave the money back for good public relations. The charity should now seriously look at getting some qualified managers.

Guest Derek L

There's nothing "owed." The charity can't manage its money properly and Trudeau gave the money back for good public relations. The charity should now seriously look at getting some qualified managers.

Good public relations? Does that mean if he didn't give back the money, it would foster "bad public relations"? Why is that, if he did nothing wrong?

As I asked prior, if everything is "A-OK", why is Mr Trudeau returning the money?

apparently, you carry a big (hypocritical) stick... you've got him on the run!!! :lol:

I wonder how many books and learning aides could have been bought with the money Mr Trudeau received at this event………Wasn’t Mr Trudeau once a teacher to boot? I thought teachers didn’t care about the money, but the children……..

The optics put Mr Trudeau in the light that he’ll pray on illiterate and elderly folks to make a buck…….for shame.

Blame the victim of Trudeau's greed?

Doesn't make it morally right whether a senior is being ripped off by a plumber or a Trudeau....

Guest Derek L

apparently, you carry a big (hypocritical) stick... you've got him on the run!!! :lol:

I'd say so....he looked to be squirming pretty good on CTV's Question Period........And is now, in the Spirit of Fathers Day, even though he did nothing wrong, said he’ll give all the money back to any charities that want it, just so he can “make it right”………..So did he make something wrong? Why didn’t he seem to care several months back when said charity first brought it’s concerns to his attention?

Edited by Derek L

Why didn’t he seem to care several months back when said charity first brought it’s concerns to his attention?

I guess you weren't on the case yet!!! I guess it also didn't have the profile... didn't have the Harper Conservatives feverishly attempting to change the channel and get the media onto something else other than Harper Conservative floundering/scandal.

Guest Derek L

I guess you weren't on the case yet!!! I guess it also didn't have the profile... didn't have the Harper Conservatives feverishly attempting to change the channel and get the media onto something else other than Harper Conservative floundering/scandal.

So Mr Trudeau only does the "right thing" when caught.......Like Senator Duffy? ;)

he went to the point of engaging the Ethics Commissioner to ensure his position wasn't 'unethical'... what's "borderline" in your opinion?

Ya actually I'm sure he went to the Ethics comm. because he was not aware he can go so far.

Just because what Justin did is allowed,does not mean that people are going to find him to be a sincere and honest person.

WWWTT

So in other words he was publicly embarrassed!

You are implying that what he did was OK,as long as the voting public was not aware.

WWWTT

Guest Derek L

So in other words he was publicly embarrassed!

You are implying that what he did was OK,as long as the voting public was not aware.

WWWTT

I would say publicly shamed is more apt, but I agree with the crux of your statement.

Good public relations? Does that mean if he didn't give back the money, it would foster "bad public relations"? Why is that, if he did nothing wrong?

Because the CPC shills in the charity decided after a year to make political hay from the fact Trudeau was paid for a speaking engagement. They were desperate because there has been a lot of attention to corruption and fraud and drug abuse among conservative politicians of late, and they wanted something --- anything--- to distract from that.

So they crow about Mulcair running a stop sign and Trudeau working for a living in the free market. They think it will work, but it only has any traction among the Reform element of the political spectrum.

Edited by BubberMiley

Guest Derek L

Because the CPC shills in the charity decided after a year to make political hay from the fact Trudeau was paid for a speaking engagement. They were desperate because there has been a lot of attention to corruption and fraud and drug abuse among conservative politicians of late, and they wanted something --- anything--- to distract from that.

So they crow about Mulcair running a stop sign and Trudeau working for a living in the free market. They think it will work, but it only has any traction among the Reform element of the political spectrum.

So it’s the Conservative Party of Canada’s fault that Tom Mulcair blew the doors off a RCMP cruiser and that Mr Trudeau grifted numerous charities, and has since stated that he'll payback the funds, so as to "make things right"………Gotcha.

As to traction........Well the major media outlets are/were covering it....