Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's any chance Ford has the character to resign though. He will run the city into the ground before he admits anything, and when it's all said and done he'll try profiting from it with a tell-all book.

Welp:

"I wish I could come out and defend myself," Ford said outside his city hall office on Thursday afternoon. "Unfortunately I can't because it's before the courts. That's all I can say."

Also says he has no reason to resign. Unreal.

I don't think there's any chance Ford has the character to resign though. He will run the city into the ground before he admits anything, and when it's all said and done he'll try profiting from it with a tell-all book.

He just said he won't resign and that he had to go check his messages and get back to saving taxpayers' money, or some such usual one-liner claptrap from him. He waived off (literally) reporters' subsequent questions.

Apparently their radio show is scheduled to happen at the Royal Winter Fair on Sunday. Followed by former Chief of Staff Mark Towhey (who CFRB 1010 has recently brought on as an on air personality) who's filling in for someone.

That'll be an interesting Sunday of Radio.

I have a feelingthat the radio slot wont happen.

Dont think they want to give him any room to say anything, and not to mention he wouldnt say a thing about this on air anyhow.

All the major papers are calling for his resignation. I can't imagine 1010 goes ahead with that show (though it would be a ratings bonanza). Feels like it's a matter of time at this point, but who knows with this guy. Maybe Doug will give Rob noogies until he quits so as not to damage the former's provincial aspirations.

This is completely unexpected.

I have a new respect for our Police Chief for managing this investigation and keeping it so leak-free, as well as keeping the current administration from scuttling it.

As much crap as I've given Blair in the past, this is really commendable work. I have no idea how he managed to keep it on course.