Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

Haha, you searched to try and find something and this all you can come up with? Another far-fetched "read" into something someone says. Or maybe you meant I was implying that Hillary should be assassinated. lol

Obviously it's very difficult for you to understand my post. I'm pointing out that you never said there was no video and in fact actually suggested Ford did use drugs and needed forgiveness and help. The poster who said there's no video is Shady. I provided those quotes because it appears others were mixing you two up.

You're welcome.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm right. It is a cowardly act with only the purpose of gaining a few political points at the expense of a dead man's family. Classy.

You think it's cowardly to defend yourself when someone calls you a liar? I think it's more cowardly to question people's integrity just to score "political points" and then not be willing to admit you were stupid and wrong when they prove they were right.

Of course they were going to release the video...

If the Sun had a video of Layton getting a hummer in a massage parlour, should they hold it back? Would they?

Of course they shouldn't, and they wouldn't. And right wingers everywhere would be ecstatic. To pretend your sensibilities have been hurt by the release of this video is just silly.

I refuse to watch the video, btw. I don't need to see a sick man who needed rehab throwing his life away. He needed help but was too stubborn to get it and his supporters fed his ego, making excuses for him. This is a man who needed help but no one would be honest with him about his problems.

You think it's cowardly to defend yourself when someone calls you a liar? I think it's more cowardly to question people's integrity just to score "political points" and then not be willing to admit you were stupid and wrong when they prove they were right.

The Toronto Star ARE liars. They had also claimed that Ford had called Trudeau a "fag" and made derogatory references to the minorities on his football team in the video. Which btw, are no where to be seen or heard in the video.

Guess you didn't see cybercoma's post. I have NEVER claimed the video did not exist. So show me where I was "stupid and wrong". I won't hold my breath because you won't be able to. Just more of your partisan BS.

Of course they were going to release the video...

If the Sun had a video of Layton getting a hummer in a massage parlour, should they hold it back? Would they?

Of course they shouldn't, and they wouldn't. And right wingers everywhere would be ecstatic. To pretend your sensibilities have been hurt by the release of this video is just silly.

Please show me where I have pretended that my sensibilities have been hurt. I have merely stated that it is not classy to release a video of dead man to show something that Ford himself had already admitted to when he was alive. Same as Bubber Miley and many others on the left....making stuff up about others to deflect from the issue at hand.

Which btw, are no where to be seen or heard in the video.

Wrong. The Star reporters made it clear that they were only able to watch the video on another person's phone and they weren't allowed to take notes. Ford is very difficult to understand but he does appear to make some kind of noises in reference to minorities on his football team and Trudeau.

I have NEVER claimed the video did not exist. So show me where I was "stupid and wrong". I won't hold my breath because you won't be able to. Just more of your partisan BS.

You are not the only person to have posted in this thread. I was talking about my definition of cowardly and referring to previous posters' defamation of the Star reporters in this thread.

Do you agree that it was cowardly of other posters on this thread to call the Star reporters liars and to now remain silent? Should I take your willingness to answer that question as an indicator of your own level of cowardice?

Edited by BubberMiley

Wrong. The Star reporters made it clear that they were only able to watch the video on another person's phone and they weren't allowed to take notes. Ford is very difficult to understand but he does appear to make some kind of noises in reference to minorities on his football team and Trudeau.

You are not the only person to have posted in this thread. I was talking about my definition of cowardly and referring to previous posters' defamation of the Star reporters in this thread.

Do you agree that it was cowardly of other posters on this thread to call the Star reporters liars and to now remain silent? Should I take your willingness to answer that question as an indicator of your own level of cowardice?

You boldly say "Wrong", but then go on to say that, while he does say something about minorities and Trudeau, it's unintelligible. If it's unintelligible how can you then tell me I'm wrong? Well you can't.

Yes, sure I think that anyone who boldly makes a claim and then disappears when they are proven wrong is in fact being cowardly. So do you think the people who are making the claim that he called Trudeau a fag and now have no evidence are also cowards? You told me I was wrong but have nothing to prove it. Do you still think I'm wrong? If you don't, then will you admit it? Let's see if/how you answer that and I guess we can then check your level of cowardice as well.

So do you think the people who are making the claim that he called Trudeau a fag and now have no evidence are also cowards?

No, that's what they interpreted from the phone video as they watched it. Watch it again and you'll see it's not an unreasonable interpretation given the compromised circumstances they were able to watch the video (and which they were upfront about from the start). He did make affirmative moans in response to the woman making the remarks about Trudeau.

Nevertheless, if a mistake was made, I doubt it was malicious given the situation. He was smoking crack with gangsters while in the mayor's office. Whether or not he called Trudeau names is kind of beside the point.

Even in death Rob Ford cannot be defended. And just because he is dead, does not absolve him of what he did and how hypocritical he was. and does not mean we should stop talking about his deplorable actions and habits while being the mayor of Toronto. Drug and alcohol problems, lying to other council members, shouting over them, running into them, pushing reporters out of the way.

We hilariously still haven't seen any so-called conservatives denounce him for his illicit drug use. They seem to find all kinds of excuses when it comes to their own. They're completely unprincipled.

Even an out-of-his-mind stoned Conservative is better than a stone-cold sober Liberal.

We hilariously still haven't seen any so-called conservatives denounce him for his illicit drug use. They seem to find all kinds of excuses when it comes to their own. They're completely unprincipled.

I do not believe that the few insulting, self confessed conservatives on this site reflect the average person whose views are right of center. There are as many conservative thinkers who rejected Ford's excesses and drug use as were those of other parties. The members of the Conservative party with whom I associate are clear thinking, dedicated Canadians whose vision of a stable Canada, in many cases, is different from mine. I have observed that there are as many great Canadians in each political party as there are angry Canadians who choose to denigrate other party policies in an effort to rationalize their own.

I believe we are all trying to achieve the same end but through different routes.

I do not believe that the few insulting, self confessed conservatives on this site reflect the average person whose views are right of center. There are as many conservative thinkers who rejected Ford's excesses and drug use as were those of other parties. The members of the Conservative party with whom I associate are clear thinking, dedicated Canadians whose vision of a stable Canada, in many cases, is different from mine. I have observed that there are as many great Canadians in each political party as there are angry Canadians who choose to denigrate other party policies in an effort to rationalize their own.

I believe we are all trying to achieve the same end but through different routes.

Thanks for that reminder, BG. Sometimes I do forget that the people here do not represent all Conservatives.

• 2 weeks later...