Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

Just imagine if ford did not win and george Smitherson was mayor, the man who's fingerprints are all over every billion dollar boondoggle and billions of dollars in scandal in ONT. Real scandals that affect peoPle's everydays lives, not the fake oneS the left tries to hang on harper..

Edited by PIK

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just imagine if ford did not win and george Smitherson was mayor, the man who's fingerprints are all over every billion dollar boondoggle and billions of dollars in scandal in ONT. Real scandals that affect peoPle's everydays lives, not the fake oneS the left tries to hang on harper..

Fords a plenty crappy mayor without the extracurricular stuff. Today, for instance, he's outraged (OUTRAGED!) at photos showing a city Parks and Rec employee sleeping on the job.

"Seeing somebody sleeping there, that's a complete embarrassment and a black eye on our city," says Mayor Ford. "I want people to show up to work and do their job." says the guy who sometimes doesn't turn up at City Hall until well after noon.
"If we have someone that's literally sleeping at their desk, how it looks, we cannot tolerate this," says Mayor Ford. "If this is the case, I'm going to ask for the manager and the employee to be dismissed," added the mayor, who has previously said he would not comment on personnel matters when his own staff are under investigation for wrongdoing.

Ultimately it was a pointless exercise. If you can't confirm the accuracy of the report, how can you claim journalistic integrity was followed?

Because they're separate processes? Accuracy, validity, and rigour are all different things. Integrity falls under rigour. Journalists can be as rigourous as possible, but still publish inaccurate reports due to a variety of limitations.

This thread is hilarious! Ford does it again, he gets mad at a city worker sleeping on the job! /facepalm

No, Shady. The problem is that he called for the employee and his/her manager's immediately dismissal without first seeking to understand the context of the photo and why the employee had his/her head down. Nobody knows whether the employee was on break or even sick for that matter (remember the TTC collector?). Ford shows a complete lack of critical reflection and ability to evaluate situations. He reacts first, then asks questions later. And honestly he doesn't even ask questions later, he's just a loose cannon that goes from reaction to reaction. This just goes to show that he is completely incapable of critical reflection, depth of thought, or any kind of evaluative analysis whatsoever.

It's big of Ford to literally try and ruin a guy's life because he may have had a headache and may have put his head down for a moment to try and make it go away. And, of course, he's outraged that "the media" would show Ford doing exactly the same thing. Suddenly such images have context when it's Ford in the picture.

Next he'll be calling for people to be fired for smoking crack on the job.

It's big of Ford to literally try and ruin a guy's life because he may have had a headache and may have put his head down for a moment to try and make it go away. And, of course, he's outraged that "the media" would show Ford doing exactly the same thing. Suddenly such images have context when it's Ford in the picture.

Next he'll be calling for people to be fired for smoking crack on the job.

:lol:

I'll miss Ford so much.

He is soooo entertaining ... even when he's sleeping! :D

Lord that man is dense.

He throws the employee under the bus without any clue as to context or situation, yet he happily pens not one letter of recommendation but two of them to the court, one for Lisi , a true scumbag, and the second for a convicted drug dealer boyfriend of his sisters, who threatened to kill the Mayor after bursting into his house.

What an idiot.

And yet.....Marg Delahunty, Warrior Princess (60+yr old woman)made him fear for his life :lol:

Here's mayor Rob Ford, calling journalists at home to yell at them.

It was not a robocall, but Ford live and furious.
"I am so f------ mad at you right now," he screamed, berating me over the line.
When I told him "I don't care," he became even more enraged.
He said "I am so f----- -angry" several times as I stepped away from the dinner table to take the surprise call.
It seems he was upset about my Thursday column.
In it, I called him out for what I thought was an unfair lambasting of a city employee caught in a picture appearing to be asleep--particularly when he himself has been embroiled in many controversies.
He took offence.

6PM on a Sunday night....methinks Rob was into the sauce and away from his Boss...Brother Dougie.

I think it's official, any supporter or Robs should be openly mocked.

The real story here is that Warmington was very friendly with the Ford's. Seems like membership in their good books is contingent upon absolute and unquestioning loyalty.

This time he is dead wrong. He has used his office in a partisan matter to procure direct pereferential treatment for someone to get a license who would otherwise not be entitled to one because of his driving record.

This is absolute b.s.

In regards to the football team, the concern was it opened up donations to the appearance people could get a future favour from him for supporting his team.

In this case there is no non profit organization being helped.

Ford showing poor judgement by being drunk in public repeatedly does not bother him.

Now openly endorsing dangerous drivers for tow truck licenses does not bother him.

Those are political decisions and partisan political decisions he is engaging in and its up to voters to decide on election day whether this is

the kind of judgement they want in their Mayor.

It was one thing arguing he is entitled to benefit of the doubt on criminal allegations not proven, but this is a black and white blatant interference

with a legal process that subverts the entire integrity of the licensing process.

My God it was bound to happen. I agree with Guyser on this latest fiasco.

I also don't think sending him to Harvey Becker or Dr. Goldstein to reduce weight will make a dent in fat in his head.

One thing I am waiting to read about is the truth on how Rob Ford came to write this letter for Doug Sedgewick. It has been opined that he 'towed some cars" for Rob but I am confident that isnt the whole truth at all. Not by half

They knew each other as youngsters. I can confirm that Doug knew Cathy (another train wreck of a Ford) and therefore likely knew Rob.

At least I found out what Dougie has been up to lo these years......sheesh...Murder ? Who knew?

One thing I am waiting to read about is the truth on how Rob Ford came to write this letter for Doug Sedgewick. It has been opined that he 'towed some cars" for Rob but I am confident that isnt the whole truth at all. Not by half

They knew each other as youngsters. I can confirm that Doug knew Cathy (another train wreck of a Ford) and therefore likely knew Rob.

At least I found out what Dougie has been up to lo these years......sheesh...Murder ? Who knew?

Link?

Methinks Ford is really feeling the heat these days.

He ran from his own called presser because someone asked about character letters he has been writing for known convicted murderer, a convicted dealer and wife beater ,visiting jailafter hours for visits with some inmate.

Ahhh Ford Nation, the wonderful company you keep.

He keeps running from the press at every opportunity. Pretty soon only his brother and mother will want to talk to him.

Ahh, more lies from Mayor Ford today on the state of the city.

Of course he would choose Jerry Agars show to spout this complete and utter load of crap. Within the first 5 minutes he unloaded 4 lies and a couple of mistruths.

A billion dollars saved. (suck at math huh Robbie?)

Lowest tax increases of ANY city in North Am . (what about cities that had 0% increase Oh Gran Math Wizard?)

No labour disruptions (except you cant recall there was one or two-Librarians? face palm)

Lied about the cost of bike lane study to the tune of 100% overestimation.

Jerry Agar, incredibly dishonest, not to mention quite low on the IQ scale is a sup[porter of Rob's, didnt ask a damn thing about any scandel of Robbies. Qu'elle surpise !

Hurry up Chief Blair ! it'll be fun when you do .

Edited by Guyser2