Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta give him a bit of credit. He went 3 months or so without an incident without any professional help. Imagine if he just accepted good advice and did seek out help. :-/

Agreed.

I don't think people often quit drinking without falling off the wagon first.

But he's not ready to quit yet.

He's using the "on my own time" excuse.

IE, he wants to think he can be a 'social' drinker.

He wont answer who drove for him last night.

Well guess what ya big dummy, you pissed on the Chief , now every Cop in TO will be looking for the black escalade after 5PM.

Only a matter of time before he is pulled over and breathalized.

I think the cops damn well better be watching him and charging him for dui ... before he kills someone.

Sunday's Sun is proof of the date the video was made.

RoFo is with his drinking buddy/drug dealer Lisi.

He's wearing the same clothes, in the same place where he was filmed drunk.

Whom Ford decides who he hangs out with I believe at this point of time is not very important.

Considering all the others things that he has done, I would think that this Lisi character may actually be an improvement in role models!

WWWTT

Meanwhile, in one of the other two rings of the circus, the budget committee is discussing the need for more hikes to property taxes (to cover the costs of the ice storm) and further increases to TTC fares to cover looming shortfalls. Gee, who would have thought that cutting revenue streams and keeping tax increases below inflation for years would eventually come back to bite you in the ass?

He actually may be an intelligent person if he can clean himself up.

Uh No. He isnt, never was very bright.

Pretty much a textbook example or a moron.

I'll go one further too. Since Ford supporters call anti-Ford type elites, then they are now known as morons.

Ford Nation Morons

Edited by Guyser2

Right now Toronto Council is working on the police budget. Ford is on the committee. Ford was just recorded as referring to Chief Blair (the person that submitted the budget) as a "c########r". Ford should recluse himself from the budget process.

By that logic, anyone councillor that said anything crude about Ford shouldn't have voted on stripping his powers in November.

Also this mayor approved the cops getting like a 3% a year raise in their latest contract.

Edited by Boges

He is getting to be an embarrassment for humanity, not just Torontonians.

Personally, I was impressed by his Patois. But interestingly I have also noticed a steep drop-off in people willing to defend him (yes, there were still quite a few). Even on this board, there is no one left. I think Ford Nation was willing to overlook the crack smoking and vulgarities and lying and criminal behaviour and drunkenness and misuse of his office, but talking like a Jamaican is beyond the pale. They no longer see him as one of them. :lol:

Personally, I was impressed by his Patois. But interestingly I have also noticed a steep drop-off in people willing to defend him (yes, there were still quite a few). Even on this board, there is no one left. I think Ford Nation was willing to overlook the crack smoking and vulgarities and lying and criminal behaviour and drunkenness and misuse of his office, but talking like a Jamaican is beyond the pale. They no longer see him as one of them. :lol:

But hey, he made Dave Lettermans "top ten list" tonight. You in the east probably already saw it, but if not it was "the top ten things Rob Ford might have been saying in the latest video" Ah, that's assuming there is not yet another one being filmed as we speak.

Must agree with Bug Guy. How can he sit on any committee dealing with the police after what he has said. More to the point technically the Mayor is the Chief Magistrate of the city, Would you believe he is the top peace officer? The City' top peace officer is continually drunk in public and calling his police chief names?

Enough. Clearly he is an alcoholic. Anyone at this point who wants to keep apologizing for his sickness is past the point of being absurd.

As for people claiming he is intelligent and done good things I think some people really need a head shake. Please look at what he claims he has done and what he has actually done. Simply questioning costs does not prove anything. In fact it is a lot harder to have to approve certain expenses then simply say no.

In fact if you have a brain unable to fathom complex concepts and having to priorize simply saying no is a great way to avoid having to think.

Any of us who have had to go through a budget and priorize spending know how difficult it is. Any idiot can sit there and say no no no. That takes no intelligence. Intelligence is trying to figure out how to get the biggest return on moneys spent and also figuring out what spending in the present avoids added spending in the future.

The classic example works like this. I can buy a product cheap. I end up having to replace it 5 times, Or I buy one product up front that is more expensive but in the long run is cheaper then buying 5 cheap ones.

Ford is nothing but a Wal Mart shopper. He figures he can by something cheap. What he does not understand is he pays for what he gets.

Running a city is not easy. No one deliberately sits there now and says let's spend. Lol maybe Olivia Chow or Miller and Colin Vaughan probably and a handful of others, but for the most part most of the councillors are not idiots. They have not deserved being lumped into this stereotype they are out of control spenders because they have not allowed themselves to be bullied by the fat boy and his psycho brother.

I can't wait now for psycho brother to spin this one. Oh well you know he had a few pops. Everyone does.

Fat boy was driving. His driver was nowhere around. He was hammered and driving again

Enough is enough is enough.

Edited by Rue

Who the hell is the "Economic Club of Canada" and why would anyone ever again invite Ford to speak at their event? Your "club" just lost all credibility.

"...our mission is to bring our members and guests face-to-face with the most important, relevant and influential leaders of our time." http://www.economicclub.ca/about

Relevant? Not so much....

Who would pay $89 to hear this buffoon speak? Who are these people? Are they so out of touch with reality that anyone "conservative" regardless of corruption, crack smoking, or drunken stupidity is worth listening to? Truly bizarre...

I don’t like Ford, but I don’t like media much more. The more media said on him, the more shows Rob Ford is valuable, the more shows media try to misleading, the more shows behind the media there are powerful interest groups who cannot tolerate Ford do something good for most people which others politician unable to do it. Otherwise, why media can not focus on the tax dollars wasting on the power plant, e-Health and others (for example CAS). Those are the real corruption (not mis-use a letter paper with some kind of title , not Ford’s personal bad habits that are not harmful to anyone else).

I don’t like Ford, but I don’t like media much more. The more media said on him, the more shows Rob Ford is valuable, the more shows media try to misleading, the more shows behind the media there are powerful interest groups who cannot tolerate Ford do something good for most people which others politician unable to do it. Otherwise, why media can not focus on the tax dollars wasting on the power plant, e-Health and others (for example CAS). Those are the real corruption (not mis-use a letter paper with some kind of title , not Ford’s personal bad habits that are not harmful to anyone else).

Careful bjre! The lefties here are circling like vultures with the scent of blood for anyone that is foolish enough to write anything remotely in any way that may be interpreted as defending Ford.

Being the mayor of a major city is a high profile position and being publicly intoxicated is very shameful!

Ford brings much shame to Canadians, especially Torontotonians!

You make some good points, but Fords petty problems only make addressing these other issues harder to resolve.

Ford has to go ASAP!

WWWTT

No, he should not, because

Well there you go, there are a lot of people whom still defend Rob Ford.

I guess we can look forward to more videos of Ford slurring, stumbling, ranting, mumbling, running people down/over, yelling, apologizing, walking into inanimate objects, driving while reading the newspaper, urinating in public, badmouthing, backtracking, lying, slandering, smoking crack. Well you get the idea.

I'm sure that many US TV comedy hosts are begging and praying he stays in the political/public arena because he has to be one of their best supplies of comic relief material!

WWWTT

I saw without reservation that 45% of Torontonians are blithering idiots.

Nah. I suspect there's some major flaws in the methodology/sampling. That aside, people keep trumpeting those approval numbers without pointing out that 1) they aren't that good (ol' Hazel next door in the 'saug has an approval rating of 73 per cent, Naheed Nenshi in Calgary sits at 76 per cent. Even Joe Fontana in London, who is facing actual criminal charges, has an approval rating of 61 per cent) and 2) they haven't budged for two years, meaning that's as good as it gets for Fordo.