Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

No one is gushing over Tory.

Judge a man by what he is and what he stands for, not things you resent. What a dumb thing to say-because he's rich it makes him suspect.

It makes him no more suspect than being poor. Neither disqualify a man from having merits and qualities.

I did judge him on what he's done, or lack there of. In fact where his money came from is a factor in his ability, silver spooned individuals require extra effort to show any incremental success. I merely stated however one of the gripes of Ford is that he's a family made man, well so is Tory.

I'm the farthest fan of Ford (AKA druken bull in any shop), I merely lament the best that can be offered is Milk toast McGee here. I would argue that there is huge gushing over him due to the alternatives you've mentioned.

Is there not a principled, thoughtful, successful.......I'll even waive sober politician in all of the 3 million torontonians?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facepalm!

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2014/01/21/rob_ford_new_video_shows_mayor_rambling_slurring_his_words.html

Who cares if he was using a Jamaican accent. The story here is that he's appearing in public drunk again. Clearly he's fallen off the wagon again. Then again you can't verify WHEN this video was taken. Maybe there's a stockpile of Rob Ford drunk videos that can be released every time things simmer down a bit.

Edited by Boges

There is no defending Rob Ford now. Anyone who continues to throw support behind him and doesn't demand he enter rehab is nothing more than an enabler. Ford needs help.

If this was an isolated incident it wouldn't be a big deal. It's compounded by the fact that he's said he was living clean. He shouldn't make that pledge if he can't follow through because there are many people that will try to hold him accountable.

The problem is that anyone who has tried to hold him accountable in the past has been given their pink slip or bullied and berated by him and his brother. He has absolutely no interest in getting better. He just wants to manage perceptions and make people think he's getting better. What he does on his personal time is his business, but everything we've seen points to a man who needs to get some professional help.

I actually just heard a soundclip on the radio where he admitted he had been drinking.

He does sound like someone who has a problem. He's clearly an alcoholic who's fallen off the wagon.

It's unfortunate for him because it was obvious to all that he was losing weight and appeared to have cleaned up his act a bit.

Edited by Boges

I actually just heard a soundclip on the radio where he admitted he was drunk.

He does sound like someone who has a problem. He's clearly an alcoholic who's fallen off the wagon.

So what you're saying is going to the gym twice a day doesn't cure one of drug/alcohol dependency?

The best/funniest thing about this is that the guy is bragging about ducking police surveillance and yet is completely unaware someone is filming him at that exact second. What a dolt.

He wont answer who drove for him last night.

Well guess what ya big dummy, you pissed on the Chief , now every Cop in TO will be looking for the black escalade after 5PM.

Only a matter of time before he is pulled over and breathalized...and you wanna bet....the cops call some media right away and or friends to tape it.

All I can say good ! Where the Simpsons gif of Nelson saying Ha Ha !

He wont answer who drove for him last night.

Well guess what ya big dummy, you pissed on the Chief , now every Cop in TO will be looking for the black escalade after 5PM.

Only a matter of time before he is pulled over and breathalized...and you wanna bet....the cops call some media right away and or friends to tape it.

All I can say good ! Where the Simpsons gif of Nelson saying Ha Ha !

There was a media report when the whole crack thing was at it's peak, in October, that said he was caught trying to drive home drunk from an event and the police let it slide.

I think one of the minor concessions he did make was to get a driver though.

Edited by Boges

I think he just solidified the right-wing vote. Ford Nation will be outraged at this latest example of scrutiny! :lol:

I think the only true words he ever spoke regarding this whole series of events was when he said that he was "loving it!" He obviously craves attention and will do whatever it takes to get it. Either that or he is determined to make Doug look like an idiot for defending him (which, given the timing of his admissions, doesn't seem far-fetched).

Edited by BubberMiley

It's unfortunate for him because it was obvious to all that he was losing weight and appeared to have cleaned up his act a bit.

Ya I think he didn't have time to get plastered anymore with the constant attention.

You are aware that getting plastered takes time,no?

WWWTT

So what you're saying is going to the gym twice a day doesn't cure one of drug/alcohol dependency?

The best/funniest thing about this is that the guy is bragging about ducking police surveillance and yet is completely unaware someone is filming him at that exact second. What a dolt.

He's drunk in the video(my opinion).

He actually may be an intelligent person if he can clean himself up. But I doubt there's any desire on his part to walk a straight line.

WWWTT

Gotta give him a bit of credit. He went 3 months or so without an incident without any professional help. Imagine if he just accepted good advice and did seek out help. :-/

3 months?

LOL! And when were these 3 months, the mid 90's????

Maybe you just got so sick and embarrased to see this guy all over the news, you just tuned him out for a couple of months. And then there was Christmas and new years.

WWWTT