The report feature doesn't work

Argus

As far as I can determine either it's been broken for months, or it's deliberately set to keep cycling for a minute or two any time you report in order to discourage reports. Anyway, I encountered some spam and would have reported it, but then realized I'd be locked up watching the little whirly circle thing for a couple of minutes so didn't bother.

As far as I can determine either it's been broken for months, or it's deliberately set to keep cycling for a minute or two any time you report in order to discourage reports. Anyway, I encountered some spam and would have reported it, but then realized I'd be locked up watching the little whirly circle thing for a couple of minutes so didn't bother.

I try to report spam as well. I haven't had the same problem, but it certainly takes a while for the report to go though.

I'll leave the suggestion that it's deliberate for others to comment on.

I'm convinced the weather network and the local branch of Tourism BC are in cahoots.

They must be, because the weather forecasts for my region are way to optimistic to be believed in light of just how chronically wrong they've been.

That said, the Department of Contrails is probably who's really calling all the shots.

Then fix it.

I'm sorry - you're TELLING me to fix it ?

I have nothing to do with this, which is why I can't comment on it. The moderators may be able to help, I'm not sure. And if I may comment, it's not endearing to make demands of people who are essentially giving you a gift.

Guest American Woman

I've been under the impression that is all the facilitator does, tech stuff???

Nope. He deals with 'posters breaking the rules' and 'spam' stuff.

Edited by American Woman

it's not endearing to make demands of people who are essentially giving you a gift.

And it's a truly generous gift that's been given to us. Mapleleaf is one of the best, if not the best forum there is. Considering the huge numbers of posters on this site, I'm proud how we've managed to maintain its standard.

• 3 weeks later...

I've given up on making any more reports now.

When I do,I must wait several minutes then I'm redirected,what gives???

The admin. even started a thread about not responding to anything against the rules but to only report it.However the report does not even work any more?

I'm going to guess that the system must be overloaded and has crashed???

WWWTT