The report feature doesn't work

Argus

Guest American Woman

As far as I can tell, the report functions works, but it puts the page in to perpetual load mode. Just close it and reopen... no big deal.

It doesn't work for me. As I said in the other thread, I get an error message - no matter how many times I try to put it through. Maybe it's still going through? I wouldn't think so, but perhaps it is. At any rate, I now just try once, get the error message, and move on.

Guest American Woman

Yes, the reports are going through.

How do you know if they all are - from everyone? Perhaps some posters aren't getting that error reading.

Guest American Woman

It happens to me, and to you every time right ?

As such - I do receive reports from you, so I assume it is getting through.

Yes, it does happen to me every time, so thank you for the confirmation that my reports are going through.

It happens to me, and to you every time right ?

As such - I do receive reports from you, so I assume it is getting through.

Also the volume of Reports seems consistent.

Who reports and the frequency,etc,etc should be confidential!

I object to you openly disclosing that you received reports from American woman!

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

Who reports and the frequency,etc,etc should be confidential!

I object to you openly disclosing that you received reports from American woman!

I openly said on the forum that I've been trying to report spam and have been getting an error message in response, so MH was telling me what I wanted to know - that my reports are going through in spite of the error message that I receive every time.

I openly said on the forum that I've been trying to report spam and have been getting an error message in response, so MH was telling me what I wanted to know - that my reports are going through in spite of the error message that I receive every time.

Sorry maybe I am over reacting since you feel this way.

However MH should have sent you a private message.

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

Sorry maybe I am over reacting since you feel this way.

However MH should have sent you a private message.

Why? Is reporting spam something that should be hidden? :blink:

FTR (I'm confused about which accusations are flying at whom so I want to cover my arse)

I make reports. They take forever to load, so, I shove them in a second tab. When they do load they tell me there is an error.

I say "Well, I tried, that's the extent of my obligation" and close the tab. From what I understand, despite the error, they still go though.

And that's what I do. And that's all I'd expect anyone else to do IMO. And that works, AFAIK. And that's that.

Here is a quick and simple way to test.

I made the above post first. I click the MLW bookmark, look around for interesting threads, check them, then after I'm done that, leave for a while. I call this my "rounds" of MLW.

The above post was the first in my rounds.

This current post is the last in my rounds.

In between I made 3 reports. If the MH and Charles see 3 reports from me, the system works, if they see 0, it does not.

Why? Is reporting spam something that should be hidden? :blink:

I was thinking more on the lines of reporting another about something they wrote.

I do not believe anyone here wants the spam around,so by all means report it!

My apologies for the confusion.

WWWTT

I am absolutely grateful to Greg, Charles and Michael that the forum exists at the quality level it does. I agree that some threads such as "Anti-Western Islamic Conference" are literally filled with spam, every day.

I have taken to e-mailing the admins privately. For a while that worked. Perhaps after Labor (note correct spelling) Day it will work again.

uh, also, given that the "don't reply to SPAM" thread now has 3 replies by SPAM...

Has anyone spoken to the Admin about the possibility of giving a trusted user the power to delete spam? Someone online often.

Or at least fixing the report button.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have just had a poster say that he wished me dead [under the Religion & Politics forums in the thread "Questions, Misconceptions, Objections,..etc, about Christianity"] and theer is no way to report this nor to pm Michael Hardner about it.

Nice, very nice. :rolleyes: