Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

I bought a case of 10 surplus semi-auto Soviet battle rifles a few days after the LGR ended......

what's the name of your militia?... how many members?

strolled through a few of these latter thread pages - see you're really getting your gun YaYa's on, hey? Stay classy!

by the by, why would you care about LGR timing... you never registered your guns, anyway, hey? And all your puffed-up fear and loathing over the simple discussion of the possibility of 'more' (hand)gun control... what's up with that? You'd simply thumb your nose at a ban anyway. Fake outrage, or what!

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The object is for everyone to exercise their constitutional rights if they choose to do so. If that upsets your sensibilities and definition of being "more free", then don't visit the USA. Nobody forces you to do so.

I believe I was replying to a Canadian in that post. As I said, I don't really care what the US does other than how it affects Canada. When I visit other countries, I respect their rules. I don't tell them how to run their country but this is a Canadian forum and and the subject is US politics.

I am not in favour of banning guns. I have said that in the past. While things can usually be improved, I think Canada's gun laws provide a pretty good compromise between private ownership and security of the population. If there is a problem, it is not coming down hard enough on those who abuse the existing laws, not a need for more restrictive ones.

I don't really care what the US does other than how it affects Canada. I have no problem with accepting a more heavily armed society when I visit that country.

However, if the object is to make it necessary for everyone to leave their home armed simply because everyone else is, that doesn't fit my definition of being "more free".

Well said, every point:

1. I don't think Canada needs more restrictive gun laws.

2. The Americans should do as they see fit...it is their own country.

3. A heavily armed citizenry is not unequivocally more "free."

I believe I was replying to a Canadian in that post. As I said, I don't really care what the US does other than how it affects Canada. When I visit other countries, I respect their rules. I don't tell them how to run their country but this is a Canadian forum and and the subject is US politics.

That's swell, but I don't care how American rights affect Canada. Just as it's America's job to stop Canadian drugs at the border, it is Canada's job to stop gun trafficking. This "Canadian forum" is hosted in Texas, one of the strongest gun rights states in the USA.

That's swell, but I don't care how American rights affect Canada. Just as it's America's job to stop Canadian drugs at the border, it is Canada's job to stop gun trafficking. This "Canadian forum" is hosted in Texas, one of the strongest gun rights states in the USA.

Drugs go both ways across the border, guns pretty much only one way.

And yet, the CIA ships it in from abroad, at the same time, Fast and Furious gun running to Mexico drug cartels.

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20907

I found this piece on the shooting but take it with a grain of salt. In the article, it says that Holmes was on vicodin, which is a pain killer but was taking off the market in the US in 2009, so how did he get it? Would this explain many things, it might. It also says the cost to the weapons used was $20,000 and this guy was unemployed?? The rest of the article may or may not be true, time will only tell. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/07/21

Private citizens are guarding a server with guns? I'm always fascinated by the fantasylands concocted by shut-ins whose only source of human contact is the internet.

and they wear cowboy hats and have spurs on their boots.... their horse is tethered out back...

Guest American Woman

I found this piece on the shooting but take it with a grain of salt. In the article, it says that Holmes was on vicodin, which is a pain killer but was taking off the market in the US in 2009, so how did he get it? Would this explain many things, it might. It also says the cost to the weapons used was $20,000 and this guy was unemployed?? The rest of the article may or may not be true, time will only tell. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/07/21

Vicodin wasn't taken off the market -it just has lower doses of acetaminophen now.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21126462/real-life-shooting-imitates-training-exercise-at-parker

The tragedy that played out in an Aurora movie theater Friday was ironically paralleled as a classroom learning experience in a medical school in Parker the same day.

Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine is in the middle of holding specialized classes in disaster life support for 150 second-year medical students. Along with response to natural disasters like hurricanes and floods and terrorist attacks, one of the scenarios being used to train the students is how to respond if a shooter fires at people in a movie theater and also uses a bomb in the attack.

"The irony is amazing, just amazing," said Rocky Vista Dean Dr. Bruce Dubin.

My heart goes out to the family's and friends this degenerated psycho hurt.

As far as gun control goes...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Its black and white folks. In the United States of America we do not ban the right to purchase/obtain, and use firearms. To do so would violate a core principle of our country.

Its black and white folks. In the United States of America we do not ban the right to purchase/obtain, and use firearms. To do so would violate a core principle of our country.

Apparently for security, or at least the feeling of it.