Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

Yes but this is one were the proposed restrictions are becoming more reasonable not less.
In your opinion. I tend not to be swayed by highly publicized media orgies and look at the big picture. On Friday 13 people died because of a deranged gunman. On that same day: 115 people died from car accidents, 11 people died from home accidents and a whopping 1214 died from smoking related diseases.

13 people is nothing to be concerned with when you look at the big picture.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...only with the means to force change.

Maybe in your country but not everywhere. There was no armed force involved in abolishing slavery in our case. That is what democracies are supposed to be about. For a country that claims to have the best form of government on the planet, I am at a loss why so many of its citizens are so afraid of it that they feel they have to arm themselves.

Edited by Wilber

Guest Derek L

Maybe in your country but not everywhere. There was no armed force involved in abolishing slavery in our case. That is what democracies are supposed to be about. For a country that claims to have the best form of government on the planet, I am at a loss why so many of its citizens are so afraid of it that they feel they have to arm themselves.

An armed society is a polite society.

I’m more at a loss when people put their lives totally in the hands of Government……….Mexico has the toughest gun laws regarding private ownerships in the western hemisphere (Only one gun store in the entire country, run by the army), yet the spectre of gun violence there is well known……..Perhaps gun laws, play little to no effect on gun violence……..Violence? Isn’t that a human condition? Perhaps we should ban and control violent humans no?

An armed society is a polite society.

I’m more at a loss when people put their lives totally in the hands of Government……….Mexico has the toughest gun laws regarding private ownerships in the western hemisphere (Only one gun store in the entire country, run by the army), yet the spectre of gun violence there is well known……..Perhaps gun laws, play little to no effect on gun violence……..Violence? Isn’t that a human condition? Perhaps we should ban and control violent humans no?

Then why are Canadians known for their politeness? I'm not sure it is warranted, nor am I sure that politeness is always a good thing. Being able to take a joke is more important when it comes to violence. Politeness grown out of fear is just fear.

Maybe in your country but not everywhere. There was no armed force involved in abolishing slavery in our case. That is what democracies are supposed to be about.

The history of slavery and enforcement in the British Empire is more complex than just what happened in Canada. Force was used.

For a country that claims to have the best form of government on the planet, I am at a loss why so many of its citizens are so afraid of it that they feel they have to arm themselves.

It is the best form of government on the planet...for Americans. It was started by violently rejecting your form of government and worship of monarchs from German inbreeding.

Guest Derek L

Then why are Canadians known for their politeness? I'm not sure it is warranted, nor am I sure that politeness is always a good thing. Being able to take a joke is more important when it comes to violence. Politeness grown out of fear is just fear.

I agree, being able to take joke is important (hence my selection of avatar) but when it gets down to some people’s irrational fears manifesting into my (or others) personal lives I hardly find that funny…….There’s been a rash of tragic toddler drowning deaths back east, does that mean we should ban backyard pools? Are the pools responsible or the parents? Our (Western) society is quick to blame others for fault, and when it comes to gun violence, what better to blame then a piece of wood, polymer and steel………Guns don’t fight back.

I know where all my guns were last night after all.

Guest Derek L

The history of slavery and enforcement in the British Empire is more complex than just what happened in Canada. Force was used.

Indeed......the whole Royal Navy and war of 1812 come into play

Mexico has the toughest gun laws regarding private ownerships in the western hemisphere (Only one gun store in the entire country, run by the army), yet the spectre of gun violence there is well known…….

There is a constitutional right to bear arms in Mexico.

Mexicans are limited to 10 firearms, which they purchase from the single gun outlet.

This is the strictest gun laws in the western hemisphere? A ten gun limit? Haha. Ok.

Guest Derek L

There is a constitutional right to bear arms in Mexico.

Mexicans are limited to 10 firearms, which they purchase from the single gun outlet.

This is the strictest gun laws in the western hemisphere? A ten gun limit? Haha. Ok.

Simply contrast the Mexican laws with those in Canada and the United States……..They do also have restrictions on calibers and actions……..Where are you more likely to be effected by gun violence, Canada or Mexico, with their tougher gun laws?

.There’s been a rash of tragic toddler drowning deaths back east, does that mean we should ban backyard pools? Are the pools responsible or the parents? Our (Western) society is quick to blame others for fault,

you when someone is making a ludicrous argument when they come up idiotic analogies comparing accidental deaths with murder :rolleyes: ...how many people have been killed in the Eaton center by a gangster with toddler pool...did gangsters assault people at a neighborhood BBQ with a toddler pool? how many people were killed by a pool at a movie theater...lame lame lame...

Guest Derek L

you when someone is making a ludicrous argument when they come up idiotic analogies comparing accidental deaths with murder :rolleyes: ...how many people have been killed in the Eaton center by a gangster with toddler pool...did gangsters assault people at a neighborhood BBQ with a toddler pool? how many people were killed by a pool at a movie theater...lame lame lame...

Were the Eaton’s deaths committed by a legal firearms owner, with his legal firearm?

Guest Derek L

I don't have anything in a .223....time to go shopping! ;)

I'm still waiting for my second (Backordered) MINI-14........Those scare the anti-gun folk even more then AR's......And there's no requirement, like the MR1, to register them here ;)

I'm still waiting for my second (Backordered) MINI-14........Those scare the anti-gun folk even more then AR's......And there's no requirement, like the MR1, to register them here ;)

Let's see....checking the Cabela's web site...I'm liking the Colt M4. Cheap at $500. And of course, we don't have to register either! ;)

Guest Derek L

Let's see....checking the Cabela's web site...I'm liking the Colt M4. Cheap at $500. And of course, we don't have to register either! ;)

Cabelas only carries the Remington R-15 up here :rolleyes: .....they list the MR1, and I tried to order online earlier but it to is backordered and $100 bucks cheaper then the local Mom & Pop store price :(

I was looking at a Robson Arms XCR but they're over $2000 compared to US MSRP $1500......That's pushing my luck ;)

Check out this American site for mags, they even have the 100 round beta mag:

http://www.hycaps.net/product_p/mag-904.htm

I bought tons of CZ 858, Ruger MINI, Colt and Beretta factory mags from them.......they even ship with a pop rivet "limiting" to 5 and 10 rounds for us Canucks ;)

Guest Derek L

still flailing away derek....you made a stupid desperate analogy...sometimes it's better to post nothing than to post embarrassments like that...

I take it that's a no......So how would a ban on private firearms prevented the shooting? Sounds as good as banning swimming to prevent drowning to me....

Simply contrast the Mexican laws with those in Canada and the United States……..They do also have restrictions on calibers and actions……..Where are you more likely to be effected by gun violence, Canada or Mexico, with their tougher gun laws?

How are 10 guns per Mexican and having a right to bear arms in their constitution equate to stricter gun control than Canada?