Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

Do you seriously not get it? No one knows what might happen in the future. I repeat. Jewish Germans didn't think their country was one of those countries.

Do you really think a bunch of armed Jews could have prevented the Holocaust?

So your Parliament isn't part of your government? :huh:

Not it isn't. The government is the Prime Minister and Cabinet.

There's no point in responding to this, in spite of how ludicrous it is. Either you can't understand what I'm saying, or you refuse to understand it. Either way, there's no point in discussing it further. Keep believing that there's absolutely no way anything could ever change in Canada from now until eternity.

What's so ludicrous about it? The reason you give for arming yourself is fear of the possible actions of your military against its own people.

Much will change in Canada. I am a firm believer in the NERTS principle but that doesn't mean I feel the need to own an assault rifle. Our system was centuries in the making and I am quite confident it has reached a point where it is capable of adapting peacefully. We are not some tin pot dictatorship with a history of coups and military juntas. I don't envy your paranoia regarding your own system of government one bit.

Edited by Wilber

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

I don't envy your paranoia regarding your own system of government one bit.

I don't envy your need to keep making ignorant claims about what I think and/or feel rather than at least attempting to comprehend/respond to what I'm actually saying.

Edited by American Woman

I don't envy your need to keep making ignorant claims about what I think and/or feel rather than at least attempting to comprehend/respond to what I'm actually saying.

I apologize if I am wrong about what you personally think or feel but I think what you are saying is BS.

Guest American Woman

I apologize if I am wrong about what you personally think or feel but I think what you are saying is BS.

You are wrong, so I appreciate the apology, but I think what you are saying is naive and unworldly.

Do you think private individuals have the right to acquire weapons that are sufficient to challenge their government, if necessary?

Yes.

Intelligence agencies like the CIA are all about arming rebellions that cannot fight the government with the weapons they got. Why would entities like the CIA be arming rebellions across the world, while everything is done to disarm the American people at home? Rebellion over there good, rebellion at home in the USA bad. The US government is good while others are bad.

If and when that happens, then you are going to see much more than just militarized police out and about, you are going to see the military, and not just US troops.

Yes.

Conspiracy/intent to commit treason!

Very much against the law and treason usually commands the most severe punishment!

Just another reason why the American constitution was not thought through very well.

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

.... the American constitution was not thought through very well.

Yeah, that's what it's known for - not being thought through very well.

:lol:

the American constitution was not thought through very well.

No kidding. It's a garbled mess that should have been outright replaced a long time ago. That Americans revere it so much doesn't say much for their collective intelligence.

Edited by Bryan

Yeah, that's what it's known for - not being thought through very well.

:lol:

Ya I guess Abraham Lincoln was laughing with Jefferson Davis about this to!

And when most of the slave owners who wrote the American constitution,well they gave themselves a big pat on the back about how much they were looking out for the "little guy".

How many of the signatory/slave owners/white anglo-saxon males consult with women,African Americans,muslim,catholics,jews,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc, again as to what should be included into the constitution again?

:rolleyes:

WWWTT

And I think what you are saying is fitting of a loyal subject.

YAWN... that is so 1880's.... I know that you are just trying to take jabs at Canada, but there are so many other things that should be better troll-bait than the Queen!!

Try Quebec sign laws.... or our unelected, undemocratic Senate... or the fact that blasphemy laws are still in the Criminal Code in Canada (free speech? What free speech?)

But "loyal subject"? It is just so far removed from the reality of the situation that the jab doesn't even register...

Guest American Woman

YAWN... that is so 1880's.... I know that you are just trying to take jabs at Canada, but there are so many other things that should be better troll-bait than the Queen!!

You know that, eh? Yet you're so wrong.

Try Quebec sign laws.... or our unelected, undemocratic Senate... or the fact that blasphemy laws are still in the Criminal Code in Canada (free speech? What free speech?)

No, thank you. This is the topic I'm interested in discussing at the moment.

But "loyal subject"? It is just so far removed from the reality of the situation that the jab doesn't even register...

Your take on my response is just so far removed from the reality of what I was saying that I just have to roll my eyes and move on ......

:rolleyes:

Edited by American Woman

How many of the signatory/slave owners/white anglo-saxon males consult with women,African Americans,muslim,catholics,jews,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc, again as to what should be included into the constitution again?

Women, African Americans, Muslims, Catholics, Jews, etc, etc, etc, etc didn't need to be so-called consulted. Freedom and liberty apply to everyone, regardless of what or who you are. All of that is irrelevant.

Women, African Americans, Muslims, Catholics, Jews, etc, etc, etc, etc didn't need to be so-called consulted. Freedom and liberty apply to everyone, regardless of what or who you are. All of that is irrelevant.

Ya actually I have errored here.

What I was first referring to was the declaration of independence.

Where I believe is where the right to bear arms first appears.

The American constitution has had many additions made.

However,it is in my opinion that all must be at the table when such rules are written,and all must sign.Not to mention that from the research I have done so far,nothing was taken out of the first declaration.And it is in my opinion that there is noticeable errors in it!

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

Ya actually I have errored here.

What I was first referring to was the declaration of independence.

Where I believe is where the right to bear arms first appears.

The American constitution has had many additions made.

The second amendment to the Constitution is what give Americans the right to bear arms. The Declaration of Independence states: "When any form of government becomes destructive of [our rights], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it."

The second amendment to the Constitution is what give Americans the right to bear arms. The Declaration of Independence states: "When any form of government becomes destructive of [our rights], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it."

Don't you think that the Declaration of Independence needs some UPDATING? BTW, I heard on the news 2900 more Americans went out and bought guns, the largest seller of military weapons in the world and its people have to carry guns against its own.

Guest American Woman

Don't you think that the Declaration of Independence needs some UPDATING?

Ummm. No. That's what amendments to the Constitution are for. The purpose of the Declaration of Independence was to declare us independent of the British Empire.

BTW, I heard on the news 2900 more Americans went out and bought guns,

The rise in gun sales has already been brought up - and as I said previously, the rise in sales is partly due to concern that the laws will change as a result of this shooting.

the largest seller of military weapons in the world and its people have to carry guns against its own.

Not any more than any other nation; you have crime in Canada, too.

Sounds like a big load a crap to me!

Anyone in any country that has a constitution and any kind of reasonable justice system can take the government to court for whatever reason.

But correct me if I am wrong,where does it say the citizens can take up arms against the government for whatever reason?

That's freekin ironic because I believe it is a capitol offense in the US to conspire to commit treason and treason itself!And who defines this???

WWWTT

Sounds like a big load a crap to me!

Anyone in any country that has a constitution and any kind of reasonable justice system can take the government to court for whatever reason.

But correct me if I am wrong,where does it say the citizens can take up arms against the government for whatever reason?

That's freekin ironic because I believe it is a capitol offense in the US to conspire to commit treason and treason itself!And who defines this???

WWWTT

Treason isn't war against the government in the US. It's war against the United States. One could claim that the government is at work against the United States as a nation by being tyrannical (or whatever), take up arms against the government, and not be committing treason. The government is not synonymous with the nation. Just as in Canada the government is not the Queen, who embodies the nation.

Do you really think a bunch of armed Jews could have prevented the Holocaust?

No, but they could have had a better chance at escaping, taking out some Nazi bastards with them, or at least going down fighting with a bit of dignity rather than having their humanity ripped from them in the horrors of the industrial slaughterhouses.

Not it isn't. The government is the Prime Minister and Cabinet.

No, parliament is definitely one of Canada's organs of government.

Much will change in Canada. I am a firm believer in the NERTS principle but that doesn't mean I feel the need to own an assault rifle. Our system was centuries in the making and I am quite confident it has reached a point where it is capable of adapting peacefully. We are not some tin pot dictatorship with a history of coups and military juntas. I don't envy your paranoia regarding your own system of government one bit.

Things can always get worse. No nation, no matter how long and stable its history, can be certain that it will remain free and democratic forever.

Edited by Bonam

Don't you think that the Declaration of Independence needs some UPDATING? BTW, I heard on the news 2900 more Americans went out and bought guns, the largest seller of military weapons in the world and its people have to carry guns against its own.

They are exercising their 2nd Amendment. Gun sales have also spiked in the last couple years due to other incidents.

What need to be fixed is all the Executive Orders and bills like the PATRIOT Act and NDAA need to be trashed for the simple reason these documents were meant to sideline to constitution. The original document is still valid and is a great piece, but it has been severly trashed through the years to become marginalized. Which at the same times seems to marginalize the Amercians themselves.