Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

Guest Derek L

How are 10 guns per Mexican and having a right to bear arms in their constitution equate to stricter gun control than Canada?

I bought a case of 10 surplus semi-auto Soviet battle rifles a few days after the LGR ended......Can't do that legally in Mexico....

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a case of 10 surplus semi-auto Soviet battle rifles a few days after the LGR ended......Can't do that legally in Mexico....

Ok. So? Guns are not more restricted in Mexico.

Guest Derek L

Ok. So? Guns are not more restricted in Mexico.

Legal ownership is.......Of course that doesn't stop the drug cartels from buying illegal Chinese AK-47s or American M-16s from Eric Holder.........Just as gun laws don't prevent criminals from purchasing illegal guns in Canada........

So how would a ban on private firearms prevented the shooting?

Where did the firearms come from? Closing down all otherwise legal avenues of gun procurement also removes those avenues from criminals who might steal them or coerce their way into possessing them. Less legal guns means less guns that can become illegal.

Guest Manny

On Friday 13 people died because of a deranged gunman. On that same day: 115 people died from car accidents, 11 people died from home accidents and a whopping 1214 died from smoking related diseases.

13 people is nothing to be concerned with when you look at the big picture.

If you're just counting bodies you miss an important point. Car accidents, home accidents, disease. We try to minimize those things. But intentional murder is a rather different thing. How can you gloss over the fact people were murdered, intentionally by an individual and just say it's not a big deal, people die every day.

I see this thread has degenerated into an overcompensating mockery of the people who were shot. It doesn't surprise me, really.

I see this thread has degenerated into an overcompensating mockery of the people who were shot. It doesn't surprise me, really.

I'm not going to bother reading the previous 12 pages of this thread. Has anyone questioned why an infant and a toddler were at a Midnight screening of a Batman movie?

I'm not going to bother reading the previous 12 pages of this thread. Has anyone questioned why an infant and a toddler were at a Midnight screening of a Batman movie?

Great, blame the victims. Having your kid shot at the theater shouldn't be a penalty for making poor movie choices.

Indeed......the whole Royal Navy and war of 1812 come into play

The war of 1812 was not about slavery. Slavery was abolished in the British Empire without force. Force was used to try and prevent it on a world basis. And you are right, the Royal Navy was involved, the military, not a bunch of citizens in private yachts packing heat.

I agree, being able to take joke is important (hence my selection of avatar) but when it gets down to some people’s irrational fears manifesting into my (or others) personal lives I hardly find that funny…….There’s been a rash of tragic toddler drowning deaths back east, does that mean we should ban backyard pools? Are the pools responsible or the parents? Our (Western) society is quick to blame others for fault, and when it comes to gun violence, what better to blame then a piece of wood, polymer and steel………Guns don’t fight back.

I know where all my guns were last night after all.

I am not in favour of banning guns. I have said that in the past. While things can usually be improved, I think Canada's gun laws provide a pretty good compromise between private ownership and security of the population. If there is a problem, it is not coming down hard enough on those who abuse the existing laws, not a need for more restrictive ones.

I don't really care what the US does other than how it affects Canada. I have no problem with accepting a more heavily armed society when I visit that country.

However, if the object is to make it necessary for everyone to leave their home armed simply because everyone else is, that doesn't fit my definition of being "more free".

Great, blame the victims. Having your kid shot at the theater shouldn't be a penalty for making poor movie choices.

Well, what kind of parent brings an infant or a child to a midnight showing of a very loud movie? Not blaming the parents for the actions of the gunman, but what kind of common sense is thrown out the window to say 'hey let's bring the baby to see a midnight movie'. Other patrons would say the same thing. Bad enough some kids just wont sit still in the theater. Having a baby crying in the theater?? Come on.

Edited by GostHacked

Well, what kind of parent brings an infant or a child to a midnight showing of a very loud movie?

I find it amazing that those who love to analyze how appropriate other people's parenting decisions are rarely understand when such criticism is inappropriate.

Well, what kind of parent brings an infant or a child to a midnight showing of a very loud movie? Not blaming the parents for the actions of the gunman, but what kind of common sense is thrown out the window to say 'hey let's bring the baby to see a midnight movie'. Other patrons would say the same thing. Bad enough some kids just wont sit still in the theater. Having a baby crying in the theater?? Come on.

Well of course it's horrible parenting, but who cares because shooting 70 people is a lot worse than not getting a sitter.

Because, in a country as free as the USA, people have a right to legally buy 6,000 rounds of ammo and to bring infants and toddlers to a midnight screening.

Well of course it's horrible parenting, but who cares because shooting 70 people is a lot worse than not getting a sitter.

Good parenting would include telling your children not to attack people who have a bullet in their neck and just had their child murdered.

Good parenting would include telling your children not to attack people who have a bullet in their neck and just had their child murdered.

Well in the US, when the opposition is trying to take your guns away. Any distraction is appropriate. . . I suppose. For them anyway.

Edited by Boges

However, if the object is to make it necessary for everyone to leave their home armed simply because everyone else is, that doesn't fit my definition of being "more free".

I agree. But I do want more law-abiding citizens to be armed, or perceived to be armed. That way when some punk decides to hold up a small, all-night grocery store or gas station, the criminal is taking some risk as well. I'd rather the criminal be the dead or injured one, not some small businessman or night employee who never hurt anyone.

Perhaps some people cannot afford a sitter, but want entertainment. Gone are the days, back in 1971, when I got $1 per hour for sitting. Now it's around $15 per hour. Some services have a minimum of four (4) hours. That's a cool $60 extra.

Perhaps some people cannot afford a sitter, but want entertainment. Gone are the days, back in 1971, when I got $1 per hour for sitting. Now it's around $15 per hour. Some services have a minimum of four (4) hours. That's a cool $60 extra.

There are Baby Sitting services? What happened to the days of hiring local teenagers? :unsure:

I agree. But I do want more law-abiding citizens to be armed, or perceived to be armed. That way when some punk decides to hold up a small, all-night grocery store or gas station, the criminal is taking some risk as well. I'd rather the criminal be the dead or injured one, not some small businessman or night employee who never hurt anyone.

The inescapable reality as shown in a wide number of statistical studies is that the more people have guns the more people will be killed by guns, accidentally or on purpose.