Cheney cancels speech in Canada due to safety concerns ‎

“Having deemed Canada - Canada? - too dangerous, Dick Cheney has cancelled an April speaking appearance in Toronto because he's worried a bunch of mouthy ruffians who oppose torture and support elemental human rights might bother him like they did last year in Vancouver. May the circle around him tighten till he stays in his cave.”

CTV News

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Mr. Vice President Cheney was right based on the violent bonfire in London, Ontariario.

BC, if the US would look after THEIR own people and keep out of other countries business, unless asked, perhaps the world would see more peace in the world. As far as what happen in London, it was wrong, but YOU shouldn't talk or do you want to talk about the US in the 1960's or were you born yet?

BC, if the US would look after THEIR own people and keep out of other countries business, unless asked, perhaps the world would see more peace in the world. As far as what happen in London, it was wrong, but YOU shouldn't talk or do you want to talk about the US in the 1960's or were you born yet?

Now let's pretend it's 1938...the last time America decided it was not going to police the planet.

If the left had their way, they'd make it so everyone that they disagree with wouldn't speak in Canada. In this case, it's just a pre-emptive shout down, which would have happened anyways. It's all part of their tolerance, and willingness to hear other ideas.

Guest Peeves

If the left had their way, they'd make it so everyone that they disagree with wouldn't speak in Canada. In this case, it's just a pre-emptive shout down, which would have happened anyways. It's all part of their tolerance, and willingness to hear other ideas.

I don't blame him and you are right on the money.The last time he 'spoke' in Canada he was held for 7 hours before the lefties would disperse enough to allow safe exit from the venue.

Guest Peeves

Now let's pretend it's 1938...the last time America decided it was not going to police the planet.

Good thing they did in Europe or it would have all been red.

Tunnel vision is the only way some see their little anti-American world.

Guest Peeves

NATO should send troops to the US to support the Occupy rebels that are still being assaulted by a police regime that doesn't believe in free-speech.

Wow! When you pile it THAT high aren't you worried that it will tip over on you.

Seems to me the REAL 'assault' on rebels is happening in Syria, Egypt, Iran......

Western countries have rights for law which demands response if laws are broken by so called demonstrators, some with malicious intent. The USA like other democratic countries,is conceding occupiers latitude for demonstration and free speech within public laws OUR laws and constraints which the police are duly expected to enforce.

Your assessment is rather jejune and whiny.

BC, if the US would look after THEIR own people and keep out of other countries business, unless asked, perhaps the world would see more peace in the world.

Nah...there would still be Canadian strike aircraft dropping bombs in other countries to "protect human rights". Thanks for the peace!! ;)

As far as what happen in London, it was wrong, but YOU shouldn't talk or do you want to talk about the US in the 1960's or were you born yet?

Not only was I born, but the Americans knew how to throw a much better riot for a lot better reasons

Wow! When you pile it THAT high aren't you worried that it will tip over on you.

Seems to me the REAL 'assault' on rebels is happening in Syria, Egypt, Iran......

Western countries have rights for law which demands response if laws are broken by so called demonstrators, some with malicious intent. The USA like other democratic countries,is conceding occupiers latitude for demonstration and free speech within public laws OUR laws and constraints which the police are duly expected to enforce.

Your assessment is rather jejune and whiny.

Bit by bit, the right to protest and free speech is being eroded in the USA and Canada.

Oh man I was going to make a comment here but this stupid bot is starting to rune things.

Anyways its good that people are excersing their right to protest Cheney!He did things that people feel was wrong and it is their right to let him now that if he comes to Canada they will let him know that they feel he acted inapropriately!

Thats the way the wheels of democracy turns-Don't like it-then you are anti democratic!

WWWTT

Oh man I was going to make a comment here but this stupid bot is starting to rune things.

Anyways its good that people are excersing their right to protest Cheney!

Committing acts of violence aren't rights. Just leftist silencing tactics.

Guest American Woman

“Having deemed Canada - Canada? - too dangerous, Dick Cheney has cancelled an April speaking appearance in Toronto because he's worried a bunch of mouthy ruffians who oppose torture and support elemental human rights might bother him like they did last year in Vancouver. May the circle around him tighten till he stays in his cave.”

CTV News

Riiiight. Sweet, tolerant, docile Canada. Where nothing bad ever happens; where violence never occurs. But I haven't seen any quotes from him saying it's "too dangerous;" that seems to be the media's take on it. Unless you can provide a quote for me?

As for his experience in Vancouver, "protesters blocked the entrances to the venue, and Cheney remained in the building for approximately seven hours until police dispersed enough of the crowd to make it safe for him to exit."

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/321101#ixzz1pb3fL3jD

As the article points out, "Cheney, who has a history of heart problems, might have become ill and not been able to get proper medical treatment because of the massive protest." Since his heart problems hasn't improved with age, I would imagine that's a concern.

At any rate, it's his decision to make - and again, Canada isn't the Mayberry you seem to think it is. Furthermore, I'm becoming less and less impressed with Canada's "tolerance" regarding giving everyone a voice.

Edited by American Woman

Committing acts of violence aren't rights. Just leftist silencing tactics.

I guess the same rules don't apply to Cheney when he invades another country and tens of thousands of people die!

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

I guess the same rules don't apply to Cheney when he invades another country and tens of thousands of people die!

Wow. This from the guy who said the Soviets were doing "world peace a favour" when they invaded Afghanistan.

The Soviets were doing a fine job there stopping Islmaic radicals/terrorists.However Reagen/Thatcher just could not say hey you Soviets are doing world peace a favour.

Riiiight. Sweet, tolerant, docile Canada. Where nothing bad ever happens; where violence never occurs. But I haven't seen any quotes from him saying it's "too dangerous;" that seems to be the media's take on it. Unless you can provide a quote for me?

As for his experience in Vancouver, "protesters blocked the entrances to the venue, and Cheney remained in the building for approximately seven hours until police dispersed enough of the crowd to make it safe for him to exit."

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/321101#ixzz1pb3fL3jD

As the article points out, "Cheney, who has a history of heart problems, might have become ill and not been able to get proper medical treatment because of the massive protest." Since his heart problems hasn't improved with age, I would imagine that's a concern.

At any rate, it's his decision to make - and again, Canada isn't the Mayberry you seem to think it is. Furthermore, I'm becoming less and less impressed with Canada's "tolerance" regarding giving everyone a voice.

I never made one comment about this story, not one word, I quoted somebody else. HENCE MY USE OF QUOTES. Unfortunately I don't know the ID of the person I quoted, hence it wasn't included.

Your comments are classic nonsense. Carry on.

Wow. This from the guy who said the Soviets were doing "world peace a favour" when they invaded Afghanistan.

Oh sorry I forgot to add that "many people will only believe that when the US invades a country they are only doing it for world peace"!

WWWTT

A bit hilarious that some (moronic) American neighbour of mine can't travel back into Canada because he has a domestic abuse charge on his record, yet Cheney here can seemingly come and go as he pleases.

I don't think Cheney should be allowed in Canada without authorities arresting him for war crimes, and hopefully be tried and rot in The Hague.

Kony Cheney 2012.