Romney, The Inevitable Nominee

As at least one other poster pointed out Romney appears to be the least insane of all of the Republican nominees. I saw one of the Republican debates, and as I watched I couldn't help but wonder if these people had just been released from the insane asylum or what?

Ron Paul would deregulate everything. Can you imagine what the food industry would be like? If Ron Paul wins we'll be calling him "President E. coli"! Anybody who wants to know what America will be like under Ron Paul need only read a book called "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair. Ron Paul wants to return us to the 19th century!

If you want to see a libertarian country just go to any Third World country. You can't drink the water. There's holes in the sidewalk where you can fall in, because there's no "ambulance chasers". You can't even eat in just any restaurant, because you might get some horrible bacteria! That's what libertarianism is. No or few regulations! Libertarianism may sound like a nice idea in theory, but in practice it is a bloody chaotic insane mess! I've been to 51 countries on this planet, and those countries that have a libertarian philosophy in government are like what I just described.

I'm not saying I like Romney. I don't. Basically Romney will be like a white Obama and Obama is basically a black Romney. The policies of the two men are virtually identical. Both of them are scumbags. But that is what a capitalist politician is: a scumbag.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....I'm not saying I like Romney. I don't. Basically Romney will be like a white Obama and Obama is basically a black Romney. The policies of the two men are virtually identical. Both of them are scumbags. But that is what a capitalist politician is: a scumbag.

WTF? So is it better to be a "white" scumbag or a "black" scumbag? :blink:

Wow it is like the universe is against Romney. His tough on illegals sheriff who is a "rising star" in the Republican party, who running for congress, and is Romney's Arizona Co-Chair has just dropped a bomb or had a bomb dropped on him.

Apparently this man, Paul Babeu, is gay (which in my opinion is no big deal but is a big deal in Arizona republican circles) and was outed today.Here is the actual big deal part. He was outed by his Illegal Mexican lover (who has been his lover for years) and who he threatened to deport if he ever told anyone he was gay.

Crazy story there.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2012-02-16/news/paul-babeu-s-mexican-ex-lover-says-sheriff-s-attorney-threatened-him-with-deportation/

Edited by punked

Jeb bush said if romney does not win michigan they will need a new candidate

and santorum will lose 35 states

It doesn't matter....President Obama will be elected to a second term regardless of the Republican candidate. Look at the bright side, the Cons totally rule Canada until at least 2015.

Exactly. An anonymous GOPer. Gotta love anonymous sources! :)

Btw, I have an anonymous source that says Obama will resign on September 1st. :)

Is your anonymous source someone who is reported to be a Top member of the party and a National Senator? Sounds like it is Demint. He is the only ballsy enough to call it like he sees it.

Exactly. An anonymous GOPer. Gotta love anonymous sources! :)

Btw, I have an anonymous source that says Obama will resign on September 1st. :)

I remember someone on here posting an annoucement about a large personal scandal which was to be announced months a go about obama

i guess that white house insider lied

I remember someone on here posting an annoucement about a large personal scandal which was to be announced months a go about obama

i guess that white house insider lied

Maybe he impregnated a baby sitter. Heard it on twitter </sarcasm>

my bad, I misread, it says the top GOPer will consider Jeb Bush as a candidate

I heard something about Jeb Bush getting into, but if he did it wouldn't happen until the weeks before the election. Why? Because, he has many many things in the closet that he wouldn't want to come out in the press. Besides, hasn't America had enough with the Bush's?

I heard something about Jeb Bush getting into, but if he did it wouldn't happen until the weeks before the election. Why? Because, he has many many things in the closet that he wouldn't want to come out in the press. Besides, hasn't America had enough with the Bush's?

How would anyone come up with the apparatus to run for President within a few weeks? It is not like it can be done secretly and the GOP nominee would already be chosen. That would effectively split the conservative vote.

How would anyone come up with the apparatus to run for President within a few weeks? It is not like it can be done secretly and the GOP nominee would already be chosen. That would effectively split the conservative vote.

A guy with no organization is winning the Nomination currently so it isn't that far out of the scope. Mitt and Paul are the only ones who have an organization the other guys can't even get on the ballot in a bunch of states. Someone could get in now if they wanted.

Edited by punked

To say Santorum has no organization is pushing it. He clearly has some. And there is a big difference between getting in now and getting in a few weeks before the election.

To think Santorum right now in time has half the organization the a Bush would have through his family connections on day 1 if he entered the race is over estimating Santorums strength. We hear of Santorum possibly winning Michigan right now he doesn't have one office in Michigan. He has no organization.

Again, none of this really matters. No matter which of these two gets the nomination, I'm more and more convinced every day that they won't be president.

Well, the odds are certainly against them. However, it also depends on future events. Good luck to Obama winning Florida in the general election if this is still an issue...

Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations

CBS

Couple that with his insane decision on Keystone, and anybody, any candidate could pound the hell out of him, and grind his numbers into the ground.

Well, the odds are certainly against them. However, it also depends on future events. Good luck to Obama winning Florida in the general election if this is still an issue...

Couple that with his insane decision on Keystone, and anybody, any candidate could pound the hell out of him, and grind his numbers into the ground.

If the US wants war with Iran, then people should be happy to support their country and pay 20$ a gallon.

Why? The gas problem has to do with refineries. Did Obama shut down a bunch of those?

Why? The gas problem has to do with refineries. Did Obama shut down a bunch of those?

Shutting down a project that would result in an increase of refined gasoline does and will impact gas prices. So does his unconstitutional moritorium on oil drilling. Those are all decisions that are priced into the current and the estimated future price of oil. It's bad for prices now, and later on. Politically, he's very vulnerable, and a competent candidate would pound that point home, over and over again.