Romney, The Inevitable Nominee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shutting down a project that would result in an increase of refined gasoline does and will impact gas prices. So does his unconstitutional moritorium on oil drilling. Those are all decisions that are priced into the current and the estimated future price of oil. It's bad for prices now, and later on. Politically, he's very vulnerable, and a competent candidate would pound that point home, over and over again.

As has already been pointed out a million times, none of that oil from keystone would state in the US.

Actually, you don't know that, and it seems rather unlikely that you're right.

Exactly. I'm sure at least some of the refined oil would stay for American consumption. Regardless, an increase in the supply of gasoline worldwide is still positive for oil prices. Some people don't realize we live in the age of a global economy.

And let's not forget Senator Obama's big idea from the 2008 campaign that was suppose to lower gas prices!

The Obama Tire Gauge

It’s prop day on the campaign trail. To coincide with Barack Obama’s energy speech this morning, the McCain campaign handed out tire gauges branded with the slogan “Obama’s Energy Plan” to reporters traveling with the senator today. (The Republican National Committee apparently will distribute others to reporters back in DC and at the Obama event today in Michigan.) The gauge is poking fun at Obama’s comment last Wednesday that Americans can save energy by “making sure your tires are properly inflated

TDB

I'd also remember to bring this up in ads on television, and especially during the debates. Hey Mr. President, how's your tire gauge idea working out? :lol:

To sum up Obama's energy plan, and his idea to lower gas prices...

1. Don't drill in ANWAR.

2. Unconstitutional moritorium on oil drilling in the gulf.

3. No to the Keystone pipeline.

4. But yes to the tire gauge.

Omg, I wish I worked in politics, and I wish I could work for the campaign of who ever wins the Republican nomination. I would pound Obama into sand, mostly because it's so easy, he provides all the material one needs! :)

Good thing you don't work in politics. Think of all those burgers that would go unfried.

I wasn't aware that burgers get fried.

Anyways, I guess that's suppose to be some kind of insult. All I can say is ouch. On the other hand, I happen to think that people who work those types of jobs, earn an honest and hard working living, and are owed our respect.

Guest American Woman

....I happen to think that people who work those types of jobs, earn an honest and hard working living, and are owed our respect.

I thought the same thing. Why would anyone insult people who are earning an honest living? I swear that some people - too many people - think it's less embarrassing to collect welfare than it is to work a job that is 'beneath them.'

Shutting down a project that would result in an increase of refined gasoline does and will impact gas prices. So does his unconstitutional moritorium on oil drilling. Those are all decisions that are priced into the current and the estimated future price of oil. It's bad for prices now, and later on. Politically, he's very vulnerable, and a competent candidate would pound that point home, over and over again.

What part of the constitution does the moratorium violate?

And let's not forget Senator Obama's big idea from the 2008 campaign that was suppose to lower gas prices!

Omg, I wish I worked in politics, and I wish I could work for the campaign of who ever wins the Republican nomination. I would pound Obama into sand, mostly because it's so easy, he provides all the material one needs! :)

about you pounding sand, your wet dream to be the next Karl Rove needs work... lots of work... tons of work! You could start with this lil' tire gauge ditty. First off, Obama didn't use the, as you say, "big idea" to suggest it would result in "lower gas prices". Rather, the "big idea" was to suggest it would result in increased energy efficiencies with an analogy to, "saving as much oil as new offshore drilling would produce". Of course, all the right-wing chuckle-heads fell all over themselves in a yuck-fest... or at least they did until energy analysts crunched the numbers and proved Obama was - right!

I thought the same thing. Why would anyone insult people who are earning an honest living?

oh - did not realize the statement's foil actually does flip burgers! In any case, I believe there was a single person engaged in the statement, insult is in the eye of the beholder, and there is no need for you to extend this to a global reach - carry on!

I think a President who discourages anything that the U.S. could do to increase its own oil production, at the same time as bowing and scraping to the likes if Karzai and the Saudi monarch could easily lose. He's a disgrace and an embarrassment.

Edited by jbg

I had forgotten. But back in 2008, Obama actually campaigned on higher gas prices. He talked about how it would be a good thing if gas prices rose to the level that exist in Europe. Because it would force Americans to consume less. Well, congratulations Mr. President, you kept a campaign promise. Gas prices are much higher. I'm sure the American people appreciate it. :rolleyes:

I had forgotten. But back in 2008, Obama actually campaigned on higher gas prices. He talked about how it would be a good thing if gas prices rose to the level that exist in Europe. Because it would force Americans to consume less. Well, congratulations Mr. President, you kept a campaign promise. Gas prices are much higher. I'm sure the American people appreciate it. :rolleyes:

Lord....posting without thinking....

Bush, start of presidency- gas $1.20 gl on average

Bush, leaves office - gas $4.20 gl.....

...just for you ...that means it tripled , ya know, like three times what it was.

Ask your dad, he'll show you the math.

So, tell us all where gas in the states is $12.60 a gallon.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.... :lol::lol:

I'm stating facts regarding the Obama's 2008 campaign, and 2009.

So is that a yes, you agree that in 2008, Obama was talking about high gas prices as being good, because it would lower consumption? Is that also a yes, you agree that in 2009 Obama's Energy Secretary talked about figuring out how to boost the price of gas to the levels in Europe?

Bush, start of presidency- gas $1.20 gl on average

Bush, leaves office - gas $4.20 gl.....

Actually it was around $1.89 per gallon around January 20, 2009.

So is that a yes, you agree that in 2008, Obama was talking about high gas prices as being good, because it would lower consumption? Is that also a yes, you agree that in 2009 Obama's Energy Secretary talked about figuring out how to boost the price of gas to the levels in Europe?

your facts always seem to lack citation and context - go figure! In any case, have a cookie - one that shows a cross-presidential admin, historical snapshot of the correlation between world crude oil price and U.S. gas prices. Citation and context, hey?

but Shady, c'mon... your guy Romney is so out of touch with Santorum's bleeding edge analysis:

Rick Santorum argued Monday that it was high gas prices, not dubious lending practices or complex Wall Street trades, which torpedoed the housing market in 2008 and brought on the current prolonged economic slump.

"We need to look at the situation with gas prices today," Santorum said. "We went into a recession in 2008 because of gasoline prices. The bubble burst in housing because people couldn't pay their mortgages because they were looking at $4 a gallon gasoline."

First Obama did not say that. Second many Presidents have tried to tackle this problem and created long term sustainable plan to get the US off unfriendly energy. Problem is the presidents that follow are short sighted. Remember Carter's crisis of confidence speech? An adult speech to the American public about what would happen if they didn't have an energy plan that looked 30 years down the road. Republicans didn't care then when Carter tried to look for a long term fix, now they are whining about energy prices? THEY CREATED THIS PROBLEM. There was a long term plan to adress this problem in the 70s, Republicans threw it out the window.

First Obama did not say that.

Yes he did.

And here's what his current Energy Secretary has to say about it...

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September.

WSJ

And here's Obama's own vision of overall energy prices...

"Under my plan, of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Coal power plants, natural gas, you name it."

Yes he did.

And here's what his current Energy Secretary has to say about it...

And here's Obama's own vision of overall energy prices...

Did you watch the Clips you posted Shady? He says word for word "High energy prices are not a good thing" then he goes on to address the reality that energy prices are high and that something has to be done. I am sorry Shady the Republicans like to pretend that if we wait long enough that energy prices will come down but that is just silly. I am sorry your position is nothing can be done on the Energy front, and the Presidents is different. However he did not say what you claim. You can post more clips you haven't watched if you want but it might only make you look more misinformed.