Romney, The Inevitable Nominee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the most annoying thing about Obama. Nothing is ever his fault.

Annoying? You may recall that another very popular American president used that as a virtue, as in "Teflon®".

Note: Teflon® fluoropolymer coatings are a registered trademark of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

How are the high gas prices Obama's fault? I patiently await your answer in this thread, as well as another that you're aware of.

Maybe you're late to the discussion. But several reasons have already been discussed. In fact, it's his administration's policy to have gas prices rise to what they are in Europe, specifically stated by his energy secretary.

Maybe you're late to the discussion. But several reasons have already been discussed. In fact, it's his administration's policy to have gas prices rise to what they are in Europe, specifically stated by his energy secretary.

None of the reasons given in fact account for the current rise in prices, something that should be very self evident.

None of the reasons given in fact account for the current rise in prices, something that should be very self evident.

Sure it does.

The hostile environment to drilling and the pipeline creates a horrible psychological atmosphere relating to prices.

Sure it does.

The hostile environment to drilling and the pipeline creates a horrible psychological atmosphere relating to prices.

No, I'm sorry, but none of that has anything to do with the current price. The current price is reflective of middle east instability, and nothing else, the same as it was during GWB presidency. The difference is, GWB was partly to blame for that instability.

Oh, and Obama is going to allow the pipeline and everyone knows that.

No, I'm sorry, but none of that has anything to do with the current price.

If that's your opinion, then you don't know what you're talking about. I can understand if you said it had little to do with the price, but to suggest that it has nothing to do with it is completely disingenious.

Let's do an expriment. Let's shut down the Alberta oil sands, and see what happens to the price of oil, and the price of gas. What do you think would happen the next day? :rolleyes:

You do know there is more drilling now then ever in the history of the USA and the drilling has increased more under Obama the any other president?

That, again, has nothing to do with Obama. Drilling takes years to come to fruition, and the current increase in drilling is completely attributable to Bush.

If that's your opinion, then you don't know what you're talking about. I can understand if you said it had little to do with the price, but to suggest that it has nothing to do with it is completely disingenuous.

:rolleyes: Fine then, little, if you prefer.

Let's do an expriment. Let's shut down the Alberta oil sands, and see what happens to the price of oil, and the price of gas. What do you think would happen the next day? :rolleyes:

:blink: Because that's what he did.

Edited by Smallc

That, again, has nothing to do with Obama. Drilling takes years to come to fruition, and the current increase in drilling is completely attributable to Bush.

Yah I know the Republican story. Recession Obama's fault, 9/11 Clinton's fault, unemployment Obama's fault, More Drilling is because of Bush. I get that is what the right wants the narrative to be. Fact is drilling hasn't brought down the price of oil or gas because of speculation don't worry though because not Bush passed a law which will curb speculation in this market come October. Let's just call it Not Bush's October surprise.

:rolleyes: Fine then, little, if you prefer.

:blink: Because that's what he did.

Is that what he did Shady? Did he do that by Oking the building of the Second half the keystone pipeline and telling TrasnCanada he Ok the first half if the Republicans will give the state of Nebraska and environment agencies time to their job? No wait Republicans shut that pipeline down by trying to win political points trying to stick to the President.

I understand what you are saying I am pointing out that if that is the narrative come November then all of the Bush policies need to be on the table.

Sure....despite the fact that Bush has been gone for over three years. Would it be too much to perhaps...maybe....if you don't mind....to mention massive sanctions on oil producer Iran championed by the current American administration?

Or is that on Bush too?

Romney avoided humiliation in his home-state but his win was far from impressive. 41-37% is not a wide margin. The people of Michigan have not forgotten how Romney supported the bailouts of banks while opposed the bailouts of car-manufacturers.

Or is that on Bush too?

That seems to be the excuse used since inauguration day of '09. I'm sure it's also Bush's fault that there's a moratorium on oil drilling in the gulf. It's also Bush's fault that the Keystone pipeline was rejected. It's Bush's fault that federal lands in the interior and in Alaska have been closed down for exploration and drilling. It's weird though, cause none of those were Bush's policies. :rolleyes:

Romney avoided humiliation in his home-state but his win was far from impressive. 41-37% is not a wide margin. The people of Michigan have not forgotten how Romney supported the bailouts of banks while opposed the bailouts of car-manufacturers.

Santorum got his 37% with the help of Democrats voting in a Republican primary; hardly a great result when Santorum was up by double digits last week.

Romney avoided humiliation in his home-state

I've lost track of how many times Romney's had to win a "home state" during this years primary. Let's see, first it was New Hampshire, because it's right beside his home state of Massachusetts. Then it was Nevada, because of the Mormon population. Last night it was Michigan, because he grew up there 30 years ago. I'm sure they'll be more "home states" he's gotta win coming up as well. :rolleyes:

The people of Michigan have not forgotten how Romney supported the bailouts of banks while opposed the bailouts of car-manufacturers.

That's a common misconception. He was for a structured bankruptcy, which eventually happened, and which is why they're preforming better now. He was against the tens of billions of dollars given to GM and Chrysler before restructuring. Which basically went down the toilet and just delayed their restructuring for several months more.

Going from Bush to Obama hasn't changed things much. I doubt that going from Obama to Romney would change much either. Choosing between the Democrats and the Republicans is like choosing between AIDS and cancer.

Both political parties are on the side of the rich. George Bush ended his reign with huge bailouts for the rich, and Barack Obama began his reign with huge bailouts for the rich. We still have the war on drugs. You still have the Patriot Act. And now to make matters worse the Republican Congress just passed and a Democratic president just signed legislation giving the military the right to indefinitely detain Americans without a trial.

Whether the Republicans and the Democrats win the White House in 2012 the working people of America are screwed. Many Americans cannot afford their medical care, their copayments are too high. The insurance companies are raking in the dough, and as a result we have the most expensive medical care in the world.

What can I say? Capitalism sucks!