Osama Bin Laden is Dead

...Sad times for America, she needs a kick-ass leader. Anyways, as much as I dislike Obama's positions and ideology, I can't help but like the man. He was pretty funny trashing Trump, as well.

President Obama has "kicked" plenty of ass....America has a leader, whether you like or dislike his politics. This man does not have Jimmy Carter disease.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I can't stand Obama's policies, both domestic and foreign policies, these were golden moments for Obama. I think the dark times are still among the Republican party, with a guy like Trump seemingly being at the forefront of their leadership race.

Not Trump, Ron Paul. Look at all the recent polls, Ron Paul is number one. He has won the CPAC polls two years in a row, he has also came a couple percentage points away from beating Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election poll.

And yet they are going to bury him at sea with Islamic tradition in mind? Suuuuuuure.

I think they will, just to try and prove this is not against islam but osama. Look what they did when the raised that soviet sub that sank many years ago, they had a ceremony for the sailors and gave them a proper burial and filmed it and years later gave it to russia to shwo how the men were buried. Just because they teach you in schools in this country that america is evil, does not mean that they are.

Guest American Woman

I think they will, just to try and prove this is not against islam but osama.

Exactly. This isn't about Islam, so why would the U.S. disrespect Islam's tradition?

Look what they did when the raised that soviet sub that sank many years ago, they had a ceremony for the sailors and gave them a proper burial and filmed it and years later gave it to russia to shwo how the men were buried. Just because they teach you in schools in this country that america is evil, does not mean that they are.

Hating America is fashionable these days, I'm afraid. Why wouldn't the U.S. respect Islamic customs? Bush made it clear right from the beginning that this isn't about Islam and Obama spoke out strongly against the burning of the Koran. Just two examples. I can't understand why anyone would insinuate that the U.S. wouldn't respect Islamic traditions; it's even more difficult to understand because they generally think they are the tolerant, non-judgmental ones. But then, in some people's eyes the U.S. can do no right.

Exactly. This isn't about Islam, so why would the U.S. disrespect Islam's tradition?

In respecting Muslim tradition of how they treat their dead, the US administration (and by extension Americans) gains respect in its own right. Well done US of A.

Guest American Woman

In respecting Muslim tradition of how they treat their dead, the US administration (and by extension Americans) gains respect in its own right. Well done US of A.

This American appreciates that. Thank you. I too think those in charge did the right thing by respecting the 'burial within 24 hours' tradition.

Not Trump, Ron Paul. Look at all the recent polls, Ron Paul is number one. He has won the CPAC polls two years in a row, he has also came a couple percentage points away from beating Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election poll.

When the time comes for the real election, Paul always plunges back down to the traditional level enjoyed by libertarians and other purists.

This American appreciates that. Thank you. I too think those in charge did the right thing by respecting the 'burial within 24 hours' tradition.

What part of throwing him out to sea is in line with Islamic funeral practices? I am not understanding that.

Edited by GostHacked

This wasn't done a week ago, he was killed yesterday according to Obama.

Does anyone believe he was buried at sea? I dunno, i can see them hanging on to him for awhile.

What evidence is there that OBL was a CIA agent?

This whole story is going to bring conspiracy theories, like he's alive & stuck deep in Gitmo or something.

Will this do? http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/binladen_cia.html

Guest American Woman

What part of throwing him out to sea is in line with Islamic funeral practices? I am not understanding that.

The part of burying him within 24 hours is in line with Islamic tradition.

...the lingering question is, Why at sea? The official said that finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, so the decision was made to bury bin Laden at sea. Furthermore, one suspects that the U.S. would not have wanted there to be a grave site for fear of it turning into a place of worship for bin Laden's followers. There are rumors, however, that the U.S. asked Saudi Arabia to take the body (bin Laden was born there), but it allegedly refused.

link

"Traditional procedures for Islamic burial were followed. The deceased's body was washed and then placed in a white sheet. The body was placed in a weighted bag, a military officer read prepared religious remarks, which were translated into Arabic by a native speaker. After the words were complete, the body was placed on a prepared flat board, tipped up, whereupon the deceased body eased into the sea."

link

As I understand, burial of Muslims must be done within a certain number of hours following death. Who would they have turned over the body to? What were the logistics involved in doing so? I think in this instance the right call was made. In the end, the bonus is that the monster did not end up in a grave, with a shrine to turn him into a martyr for Islamist extremists.

Jewish tradition too.

Just because they teach you in schools in this country that america is evil, does not mean that they are.

They already said OBL was buried at sea yesterday. But why believe this? What's to say they haven't kept his body for awhile. I think they'll likely bury him at sea at some point, and with Islamic tradition in mind, but i don't believe much of anything coming out of a government administration unless there's proof.

They already said OBL was buried at sea yesterday. But why believe this? What's to say they haven't kept his body for awhile. I think they'll likely bury him at sea at some point, and with Islamic tradition in mind, but i don't believe much of anything coming out of a government administration unless there's proof.

Saddam gets the noose, Osama gets a proper funeral. One attacked the US, the other did not.

2+2=5.

Guest American Woman

Saddam gets the noose, Osama gets a proper funeral. One attacked the US, the other did not.

2+2=5.

Ummmm. More like Saddam gets the noose and Osama gets the bullet. They were both killed. 2+2=4.

Edited to add: In case you really are unaware, Saddam was buried within 24 hours also.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

Why would they keep his body for awhile? What purpose would it serve? Seriously. What would they do with a dead body?

Why would they keep his body for awhile? What purpose would it serve? Seriously. What would they do with a dead body?

As I said .. a distraction .. but I don't know what the distraction is for. And you are correct on your last post to my reply.

This says OBL was given a tour of some weapons and military bases in the U.S. (possibly the White House too it says) in, and the CIA gave him the name "Tim Osman" for the tours. He wasn't a CIA agent, he was a mujaheddin fighter that the CIA purportedly gave a pseudonym.

Very far from the nutjob theory the other poster was talking about.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

When the time comes for the real election, Paul always plunges back down to the traditional level enjoyed by libertarians and other purists.

Maybe, but you cant necessarily count on that. A lot of people are starting to realize that perpetually financing global policing and interventionalism with inflation is putting the US is a dangerous position. Eventually his ideas on foreign policy will be mainstream because they are the only ones that are affordable. The way that the dems and repubs are running the US into the ground is a WET DREAM for libertarians like Paul.

More like Saddam gets the noose

An Iraqi found guilty and sentenced by the Iraqi justice system BTW.

and Osama gets the bullet.

A little too swift a death in my books. In other words, he did not languish before giving up the ghost.

Edited to add: In case you really are unaware, Saddam was buried within 24 hours also.

Iraqis following Muslim tradition, just as was the case for the other monster Bin Laden care of the US's finest.

I don't think Osama Bin Laden was a "good" muslim by any means. To me it seems odd that he was given such a respectful, muslim burial. I wonder what other muslims think about this, given the fact that he has caused them so much grief, by saying his terrorist acts are done in the name of Islam. Did he really deserve a muslim burial?

Edited by Sir Bandelot

Did he really deserve a muslim burial?

No, but I think it was done purely for U.S. interests. Once the bullet was in his brain, it was no skin off their nose, and they took away the potential perception that they disrespected muslim burial customs. Win-win.

Guest American Woman

I don't think Osama Bin Laden was a "good" muslim by any means. To me it seems odd that he was given such a respectful, muslim burial. I wonder what other muslims think about this, given the fact that he has caused them so much grief, by saying his terrorist acts are done in the name of Islam. Did he really deserve a muslim burial?

He was given a respectful, Muslim burial out of respect for Islam and the Muslims of the world. It wasn't out of respect for bin Laden. Whether he was a "good" Muslim or not wouldn't be an issue with other Muslims; they don't just observe their traditions for "good" Muslims.