Burn a Qu'ran Day.

Go right ahead...it's been done to death. Let's burn some Elvis and Beatles records too!

Well noting Mr Rights siggy...

Nazi Germany - a disorganized and functionally inferior attempt at world domination. Goes to prove that the Nazis were an inferior lot.

...gotta wonder if he'd be saying that as Rommel's panzers sliced around into his rear area.

His heart is into it...but is it accurate? Sums up his posts...

:lol::lol:

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To claim that one isn't more violent than the others is to ignore the present, as well as reality.

When charting the path of economic development, to me it looks quite similar despite the differences in time elapsed.

Furthermore, being poorer leads to higher rates of radicalism. Where have terrorists generally come from? From poor areas of the world where they feel alienated, most of the time by foreign intervention. Where do home grown terrorists come from? Mostly poor urban youth who feel alienated from their new society.

Anyone can take a passage from any religious text and turn it into an argument for a political action close to their heart. Christians do it all the time regarding abortion and gay marriage, taking certain passages literally while ignoring what the rest of the text says because if we did, Christians would be stoning women as well. Does that mean this represents what Christianity is? I'd argue no and I suspect most here would agree with me.

Based on that very fact, one simply cannot blame Islam. As I've said many times you have to hold the individual responsible for their actions. Not an entire group. Doing so is just incredibly irresponsible.

I can see part of both sides of the WTC mosque debate, but this is just ignorant, hateful, and hilariously hypocritical bigotry at it's worst:

A new "Ten Commandments"? Alright!!

The removal of law (ten commands) from the court house in the states was quite bizzare- a court with no law? Typical of western logic.

As for the guy that wants to burn that book of head aches called the Koran...well he is supposed to be a man of God - when a man of God looks like an inbred demon as does this "pastor" - beware! All this jerk will do is stir up the crazy people and cause more death - real nice Christian..jerk!

WHY STICK YOUR HAND IN A SNARLING DOGS MOUTH?

The troops are already in far more danger because "we" put them there....to find the "danger"...and kill it.

That is a poor argument. We put them in danger but we also weigh the risk/benefit...cost reward factor. This does not add any benefit or reward.

Your argument is tantamount to saying lets get rid of their vests, they are already in danger.

The troops are already in far more danger because "we" put them there....to find the "danger"...and kill it.

hello BC - I agree - if you are going to have a war - and call it that - then kill the enemy - all of them - if NOT - then get out and let them have their way..

Whether it be right or wrong is not at issue in regards to dealing with enemies - for the first while you do not kill the evil because it is mixed in with the good..and you do not want to uproot the good..in the process ..BUT judgement day does come and we all know who is who and what is what - time to root the tares out - when the wheat is ripe...I say - either come home or just make sure that they are all addicted to herion then leave..worked with our Indians and booze - just start bombing them with refined opium and syringes..that should do it - hey this is not new stuff..

That is a poor argument. We put them in danger but we also weigh the risk/benefit...cost reward factor. This does not add any benefit or reward.

The benefit is demonstrative preservation of the right to do so, even in the face of so much exaggerated clucking. This dust up falls in the Mohammad cartoon bucket, and we know how that went.

Your argument is tantamount to saying lets get rid of their vests, they are already in danger.

No, my argument is tantamount to saying that burning a Koran is far less significant than "mistakenly" bombing an entire wedding party.

hello BC - I agree - if you are going to have a war - and call it that - then kill the enemy - all of them - if NOT - then get out and let them have their way.....

Well, it's not like we coddled German or Japanese cultural icons during WW2 either. Nope, there was some partcularly vicious and purposely "hateful" propaganda created by governments to whip up unity against the "enemy", regardless of the blunt effect on "the good ones".

What the pastor wishes to do is far less broad or significant, and is only being stoked by the added media attention.

No, my argument is tantamount to saying that burning a Koran is far less significant than "mistakenly" bombing an entire wedding party.

I disagree. Weddings party bombing is unintentional. Burning is not. Part in parcel of force multiplication is identifying and eliminating unnecessary risks. There is no cost benefit in burning.

Well, it's not like we coddled German or Japanese cultural icons during WW2 either. Nope, there was some partcularly vicious and purposely "hateful" propaganda created by governments to whip up unity against the "enemy", regardless of the blunt effect on "the good ones".

What the pastor wishes to do is far less broad or significant, and is only being stoked by the added media attention.

The pastor wants to be famous..at the expense of others..If you want to win - you keep your buisness to yourself - and do what has to be done - those that THREATEN by insulting are at a disadvantage - I always say "never threaten,just do..............why we repeatedly warn our advesary is utterly stupid..just hammer him in the back of the head as they say - why use western style postering?

The removal of law (ten commands) from the court house in the states was quite bizzare- a court with no law? Typical of western logic.

As for the guy that wants to burn that book of head aches called the Koran...well he is supposed to be a man of God - when a man of God looks like an inbred demon as does this "pastor" - beware! All this jerk will do is stir up the crazy people and cause more death - real nice Christian..jerk!

WHY STICK YOUR HAND IN A SNARLING DOGS MOUTH?

He's the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing...An angry fool who uses faith as cover for his hatred...

I disagree. Weddings party bombing is unintentional. Burning is not. Part in parcel of force multiplication is identifying and eliminating unnecessary risks. There is no cost benefit in burning.

So what other lawful forms of protest and speech shall we put on hold? Or does it only matter when a pastor in Florida can garner enough media attention?

So what other lawful forms of protest and speech shall we put on hold? Or does it only matter when a pastor in Florida can garner enough media attention?

None.

But lets not pretend that burning crosses is for the common welfare of the citizens or that burning korans is benign.