Anne Coulter comes to Canada

As for the Student Union, they were dumb. That doesn't change the fact that it happens to everyone; both left and right.

No, it doesn't happen to everyone. Stop saying that. It's a lie. Student Union's only ban the advertisements to conservative speakers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually found it kind of funny. Not that channeling Hitler is funny, I just took it as a jab at the fact that you and your conservative buddies regularly call "lefties" nazis which is in itself hilarious. This is just icing on the cake.

"are stupid people aware they are stupid"...

I had a couple of friends who got involved in pyramid sales scheme and tried to get me involved, after hearing this get rich quick scheme I told them it's illegal it's a pyramid sales "no" they said "it's a block sale"; a different label but it's the same shit..their names were in the paper a month later when charges were laid...

in this case it's neo-conservatives having no clue their social predjudices are shared by Nazi's but because they have a different label they're not the same...sorry; different label, same shit...

If they were, there was no evidence of it. The only person who brought it up was Levant. They were "acting on police advice" due to threats but the Ottawa Police have specifically said that the crowd wasn't unruly and they weren't made aware of any threats.

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/insidepolitics/2010/03/ann-coulters-adventures-in-ottawa-so-what-really-happened-last-night.html

Now that that matter has been cleared up...perhaps we all can move on.

Ottawa Citizen editorial,in part:"The shutting down of Ann Coulter is only the latest example of totalitarianism on Canadian campuses.At Concordia in Montreal,thugs famously prevented Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu from speaking.At many campuses,pro-life student groups are harassed and denied official club status.When pro-choice student leaders at York University learned other students had organized a debate over the ethics of abortion,they promptly cancelled it,even though the event had been booked and flyers printed.

Notice that this ongoing,organized effort to eliminate speech deemed politically unacceptable comes exclusively from the left.No one hears of conservative student groups physically interfering with left-wing speakers.A lot of conservative minded students and others were unhappy with the recent Israel Apartheid Week,but no one threatened to assault the organizers or disrupt the event."

Am I now in trouble with the leftist posters in MLW because I posted directly instead of a link?Woe is me! :o

Just read the words and ponder them,not much to ask.

Ottawa Citizen editorial,in part:"The shutting down of Ann Coulter is only the latest example of totalitarianism on Canadian campuses.At Concordia in Montreal,thugs famously prevented Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu from speaking.At many campuses,pro-life student groups are harassed and denied official club status.When pro-choice student leaders at York University learned other students had organized a debate over the ethics of abortion,they promptly cancelled it,even though the event had been booked and flyers printed.

Notice that this ongoing,organized effort to eliminate speech deemed politically unacceptable comes exclusively from the left.No one hears of conservative student groups physically interfering with left-wing speakers.A lot of conservative minded students and others were unhappy with the recent Israel Apartheid Week,but no one threatened to assault the organizers or disrupt the event."

Am I now in trouble with the leftist posters in MLW because I posted directly instead of a link?Woe is me! :o

I understand the point but you're seeing it from the wrong point of view...

having no tolerance for the intolerant, and that's a bad thing?...no, that's a good thing and I'm happy to be include myself as one, I will never ever tolerate racists/bigots/Nazi's ...

I am reminded of Kent State where so called right wingers were responsible for shooting and even killing student protesters...

I am reminded of Kent State where so called right wingers were responsible for shooting and even killing student protesters...

The right wingers you refer to would be the Ohio Army National Guard.Who knows how it was sparked?Did some of the soldiers get trigger happy?Were the protesters getting violent?But according to left-wing ideology,isn't violence justified as means to an end?Just ask Obama's friend,William Ayers,founder of the violent Weather Underground.I believe Mr.Ayers has been warmly recieved when he spoke at Canadian campuses in the past,although last time he couldn't get into the country.

It seems most of the violent protests in North America and Western Europe are courtesy of the left-wingers.

In Canada, the Riot Act has been incorporated in a modified form into ss. 32-33 and 64-69 of the Criminal Code of Canada. The proclamation is worded as follows:

Her Majesty the Queen charges and commands all persons being assembled immediately to disperse and peaceably to depart to their habitations or their lawful business, on pain of being guilty of an offence for which, on conviction, they may be sentenced to an imprisonment for life. God Save the Queen!

I understand the point but you're seeing it from the wrong point of view...

having no tolerance for the intolerant, and that's a bad thing?...no, that's a good thing and I'm happy to be include myself as one, I will never ever tolerate racists/bigots/Nazi's ...

This has nothing to do with "having no tolerance for the intolerant" but is all about having no tolerance for different viewpoints.Even Errol Mendes,law professor of the U of O,admits that Coulter's past remarks DO NOT qualify as hate speech.

Speaking of different viewpoints,I just watched Coulter giver her side of the story on the O'Reilly Factor.Fact is,she can handle herself quite well.She explained the "take a camel" thing too,what they didn't show in the clip.Is it such a big deal to listen to someone that you don't agree with?

This has nothing to do with "having no tolerance for the intolerant" but is all about having no tolerance for different viewpoints.Even Errol Mendes,law professor of the U of O,admits that Coulter's past remarks DO NOT qualify as hate speech.

Speaking of different viewpoints,I just watched Coulter giver her side of the story on the O'Reilly Factor.Fact is,she can handle herself quite well.She explained the "take a camel" thing too,what they didn't show in the clip.Is it such a big deal to listen to someone that you don't agree with?

I saw the entire clip. She wouldn't answer the question. They had to scream at her until she got pissed off and said what she really thought.

The right wingers you refer to would be the Ohio Army National Guard.Who knows how it was sparked?Did some of the soldiers get trigger happy?Were the protesters getting violent?But according to left-wing ideology,isn't violence justified as means to an end?Just ask Obama's friend,William Ayers,founder of the violent Weather Underground.I believe Mr.Ayers has been warmly recieved when he spoke at Canadian campuses in the past,although last time he couldn't get into the country.

It seems most of the violent protests in North America and Western Europe are courtesy of the left-wingers.

Your unabashed ideology is getting the best of you.

Perhaps you've forgotten (or perhaps didnt know) that at that time the Governor and the POTUS were Repubs. You know...right wingers who declared the protesters were un-American and communists...ergo it was OK to fire weapons at the protestors...

Edited by Born Free

...but as usual you are not reminded of the violent protests, riots, and arsons that occurred in the days prior to this.

I am indeed reminded that those protests were handily dealt with by the police and didnt have to kill any one.

The right wing zealots later felt that shooting a few students was the more appropriate way to go.

Bottom line is that the folks who were protesting the likes of that ignoramus attention whore in Ottawa were simply exercising their right to object to a US hate mongers presence at the university. The attention whore elected to call the program off. Thats about it....

Edited by Born Free

I am indeed reminded that those protests were handily dealt with by the police and didnt have to kill any one.

Yes...I reminded you.

The right wing zealots later felt that shooting a few students was the more appropriate way to go.

Just like FDR in the 1934 Teamsters riots.

Bottom line is that the folks who were protesting the likes of that ignoramus attention whore in Ottawa were simply exercising their right to object to a US hate mongers presence at the university. The attention whore elected to call the program off. Thats about it....

No, the bottom line is that yours and their political lives revolve around Americans in and out of country making fools out of stupid ass hate speech laws.