Trudeau's immigration minister Marc Miller announces that he is quintupling the number of refugees Canada is taking from Gaza from 1,000 to 5,000.

22 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's probably safe to assume allowance has been made for on the job training to make someone more qualified if need be. It happens all the time in the labour market.

That isn't a remotely safe assumption. And if there is an additional training and skills improvement available then taking the person who is already skilled and making them even more skilled would make sense

Racism is bad. There is no good racism. Just as there is no good kind of slavery and there is no good kind of rapeĀ 

The law should be equal. It should be just as wrong to discriminate against white males as it is black females

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's probably safe to assume allowance has been made for on the job training to make someone more qualified if need be.

I don't understand the practice. As a business, I hire the best possible candidates for the position.Ā 

In a diverse community, more than likely, will that person happen to be of diverse backgrounds.

"Yeah, but at least he's black!", just won't fly at bringing in incompetent employees.

I see it as safe spaces that exclude white people. This is segregation. Period.

In trying to harbor anti racist environments, you have literally done what black communities in the United States have fought against.

Again, this isn't against "rights", per se. You're legally entitled to protest it, but we all know what would happen to a white person protesting against any marginalized group.

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

There is no good racism.

To the woke far left, you can reverse racism your way to equality.

Same logic behind negging, when approaching women.

She's out of your league, no problem. Use humor, gaslighting and other techniques to make her second guess herself, and systematically drop her confidence level to where it is below yours.

Outside if who's league, again? Equality!Ā 

Edited by Perspektiv

On 6/4/2024 at 11:44 AM, eyeball said:

Not always and not everytime but a good part of it in this case is clearly our fault.

When you say 'our fault' you are referring to all white people?Ā  You surely can't be blaming Canadians for that particular conflict.

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

When you say 'our fault' you are referring to all white people?Ā  You surely can't be blaming Canadians for that particular conflict.

I'm blaming Canada and it's institutions for our role in Israel's creation and the consequences that set in motion. Not you or me personally, I mean I wasn't even born until the 50's so...

But nonetheless we're still liable for what our government and institutions did, just like we are in the case of 1st Nations.

Acknowledgement is the first step towards truth and reconciliation followed by negotiations and then settlements, treaties and reparations.

I suppose you're hoping denial and sweeping it all under a carpet will be the course we stay on.

You really be think that's going to work based on how it's working so far? That's nuts.

Edited by eyeball

On 6/5/2024 at 10:27 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

By international law prohibiting Canada I meant if Canada is going to adopt white only immigration not banning refugees. If Canada wants to stop immigration altogether that is not against international laws but if Canada adopts white only immigration it will be.

There are no international laws governing immigration.Ā 

On 6/5/2024 at 10:27 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What Canada needs to do and is legal too is to be selective both financially and culturally as who gets in and deport the bad apples even after citizenship (no time limit on foreign born citizens).

That's what the voters want. It remains to be seen if that's what the political class wants. It's certainly not what the Liberals or NDP want.

On 6/5/2024 at 10:07 PM, eyeball said:

Jewish refugees weren't harmless back then. People died especially Palestinians.

Damn those Jews for... defending themselves!

On 6/5/2024 at 10:07 PM, eyeball said:

Maybe our country's concerns and fears were justified after all.

So you don't want Jews but you want lots and lots of Muslims. Wouldn't you just be happier to move to a Muslim country?Ā 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I'm blaming Canada and it's institutions for our role in Israel's creation and the consequences that set in motion. Not you or me personally, I mean I wasn't even born until the 50's so...

Israel's creation was agreed to by the world. It's not anyone's fault they failed to realize the deep, psychotic level of suicidal hatred that was so prevalent in the nearby Muslim communities.Ā 

Putting Israel there did not cause any problems. The problems were and are caused by the local Muslims and their fanatic hatred.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CdnFox said:

But yours was irrelevant. People do get into fights all the time. You are so stunningly bigoted that you feel that the only reason that straight guys might fight gay guys is because they're gay. You can't possibly accept that there's any other reason why two people might fight. You offered zero reason to think it WAS a hate crime.Ā 

The majority of gay people are fair and just but the few bad apples among them victimizing themselves taking advantage of hate laws to take advantage of the law in their favor for even more rights. This is not acceptable. We need laws to protect white heterosexual men who have becomes the new group with less rights and no laws to protect them from bigotry.

56 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The majority of gay people are fair and just but the few bad apples among them victimizing themselves taking advantage of hate laws to take advantage of the law in their favor for even more rights. This is not acceptable. We need laws to protect white heterosexual men who have becomes the new group with less rights and no laws to protect them from bigotry.

I would argue that what we need is an end to laws for specific groups altogether. There should be one law whether you are a straight white man or a black gay woman or a charteruse vegisexual. (blackdog- staaaaaare...)

if it's a hate crime to hit someone because they're gay, then it should be a hate crime to hit someone because they're straight. And if that's not how you want it to be then it shouldn't be a hate crime for either of them to hit each other.Ā 

I don't know who thought it would be a great idea to have one separate set of laws for gays, one separate set of laws for first nations people, one set of laws for women, etc etc etc. It is the most 1diotic thing in the entire universe. These are all human beings capable of making their own decisions and discerning right from wrong. The laws should be the same and the penalties should be the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I would argue that what we need is an end to laws for specific groups altogether. There should be one law whether you are a straight white man or a black gay woman or a charteruse vegisexual. (blackdog- staaaaaare...)

if it's a hate crime to hit someone because they're gay, then it should be a hate crime to hit someone because they're straight. And if that's not how you want it to be then it shouldn't be a hate crime for either of them to hit each other.Ā 

Ā 

Hear hear.

In cases when someone is targeted because of his/her race or orientation there should be harsher punishment as deterrent however, it should go both ways. It should not be specific to specific groups likes gays, Muslims or blacks or colored people but anyone regardless of race, orientation or religion if targeted.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Palestinians certainly didn't agree to it. What would you do if it was you, just submit and move or resist?

If we're talking about 80 years later when 99% of the people involved had not even have not even been born Then you accept that this is the way it is and you move on and build a life for yourself

You are seriously suggesting that the right course of action to address something that happened almost a century ago is to refuse to get over it and have tens of thousands of your own people killed deliberately in an effort to try and somehow pretend that this will make them go away magically.

Millions of people all over the world have this kind of thing happen to them. None of the people involved actually lost their homes. And all of them would be 100% better off if they built a future for themselves instead of getting themselves killed for the past.

Only stupid people would continue to "resist" 100 years later.

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

Palestinians certainly didn't agree to it. What would you do if it was you, just submit and move or resist?

I suppose if I didn't want to live under a Jewish government I'd sell my property to some of the Jews coming in and then move next door to one of the other Arab-governed states.

Although as we have seen, there is no Arab-governed state with as much freedom for Arabs as the Arabs in Israel proper have. There are few Muslim states where Muslims have as much freedom either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

I suppose if I didn't want to live under a Jewish government I'd sell my property to some of the Jews coming in

What if they simply took your property at gunpoint and killed a loved one in the process?

Too bad so sad?

What if the people claiming to be your govt let that happen, even caused it to happen? And the invaders were there to kill them and they put your baby's crib between them and a tank?
My opinion is now that those Middle East countries are golden examples of why race, religion or language are the worst reasons for nationhood. Causes nothing but hate, repression and wars.

Ā 

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

What if they simply took your property at gunpoint and killed a loved one in the process?

Too bad so sad?

First off they didn't. The fact that you feel the need to lie about it pretty much demonstrates you know you're in the wrong here. Nobody just parachuted in and started killing their people.Ā 

Secondly this has happened all the time throughout history. The germans killed a crap ton of people's family. TWICE in one century. We got over it.Ā 

When it happened the first time people had a problem letting it go and we got the Treaty of Versailles. Which is why it happened the second time. Fortunately we learned our lesson and didn't hang on to anger and hatred and let it go a third time.

The Japanese got nuclear bombs dropped on them. And that conflict started because the Americans and the Brits were screwing with their trade. But they lost the war and they realized it and they've moved on

I could name a thousand other times in history. No matter what you say that conflict is over, and now they have a choice of whether or not they're going to move on or die in a fiery death. They chose dying in a fiery death and they're welcome to it and Nobody should have any sympathy.Ā 

The death of their people, their poverty, the slaughter of their childrenĀ  - that was 100 percent their choice and they absolutely could have made a different choice.Ā 

6 hours ago, herbie said:

What if the people claiming to be your govt let that happen, even caused it to happen?

I'd ask why I wasn't consulted or solicited for my support and say it's long past time to have an election.Ā  What if the people claiming to represent you won't allow that to happen?

And the invaders were there to killĀ themĀ andĀ theyĀ put your baby's crib between them and a tank?

I'd say the invaders are baby killers too.

My opinion is now that those Middle East countries are golden examples of why race, religion or language are theĀ worstĀ reasons for nationhood. Causes nothing but hate, repression and wars.

That's why I say secular progressives are the only hope.

Edited by eyeball

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Too bad so sad?

What if an Islamic Caliphate empire did the same to Israeli Jews and a long time ago when conquering the country?Ā  And your race was being exterminated in Europe?

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

That's why I say secular progressives are the only hope.

That's nonsense.Ā  Progressives are too weak and naive to solve these problems.Ā  They would endanger Israelis by empowering groups like Hamas and their supporters just like many are doing right now.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

What if an Islamic Caliphate empire did the same to Israeli Jews and a long time ago when conquering the country?Ā  And your race was being exterminated in Europe?

European Jews should have been provided with a European homeland following the attempt to exterminate them in Europe.

Ah good old ancient history, LMAO! What would you guys do without it eh?Ā  Until we're talking 1st Nations and then all we here from you people is let it go, Let It Go, LET IT GO!

55 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

this highlights the stupidity of the whole argument. Humans have been on this planet long enough that somebody did something bad to somebody you're sort of connected with at some time in the past virtually for everybody.

Letting your children be killed today because of something that happened 100 years ago instead of making a life for yourself and building a future for them is criminal.

50 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

That's nonsense.Ā  Progressives are too weak and naive to solve these problems.Ā  They would endanger Israelis by empowering groups like Hamas and their supporters just like many are doing right now.

Obviously I also mean secular progressive Palestinians.