Joe Biden is in mourning as his best bud, Iran's president, likely deceased

2 hours ago, West said:

The repercussions will be interesting.  So far it sounds like an actual honest aircraft accident. But i could definitely see them creating some 'evidence' that somehow it was israel.  That wouldn't stand up to scruitiny but the masses would likely buy it pretty easy. 

It will create a time of turmoil in the leadership which is not good news for hamas.  

We'lll see what the fall out is. 

And don't worry about biden. Sure he'll be sad but then he'll see something shiny  and have forgotten about it completely 5 minutes later :) 

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Accident? Was this an accident?

Better three hours too soon than a minute late. (Shakespeare)

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The repercussions will be interesting.  So far it sounds like an actual honest aircraft accident. But i could definitely see them creating some 'evidence' that somehow it was israel.  That wouldn't stand up to scruitiny but the masses would likely buy it pretty easy. 

It will create a time of turmoil in the leadership which is not good news for hamas.  

We'lll see what the fall out is. 

And don't worry about biden. Sure he'll be sad but then he'll see something shiny  and have forgotten about it completely 5 minutes later :) 

Was the 'accident' due to a computer malfunction? 

I remember reading that one of the main computer viruses was created by Israelis and Americans to target Iranian centrifuges. May or may not be true, I'm not vouching for that.

I've long suspected that American fighter planes sold abroad can be brought down with a password - no missiles required. 

58 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Was the 'accident' due to a computer malfunction? 

I remember reading that one of the main computer viruses was created by Israelis and Americans to target Iranian centrifuges. May or may not be true, I'm not vouching for that.

I've long suspected that American fighter planes sold abroad can be brought down with a password - no missiles required. 

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Way too soon to say of course - but the simple fact is accidents do happen.  To be honest the admittedly vague and preliminary descriptions of the crash it sounded to me to be more likely to be some sort of mechanical failure in the rotor,  but obviously there's no way to know at this point  probably even for the crash investigators 

But - whatever the real reason, more interesting will be what they say it is and how they spin it. 

Well looks like it's official. 

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, supreme leader's protege, dies at 63 in helicopter crash (msn.com)

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, a hard-line protege of the country's supreme leader who helped oversee the mass executions of thousands in 1988 and later led the country as it enriched uranium near weapons-grade levels, launched a major attack on Israel and experienced mass protests, has died. He was 63.

Raisi's death, along with the foreign minister and other officials in a helicopter crash Sunday in northwestern Iran, came as Iran struggles with internal dissent and its relations with the wider world. A cleric first, Raisi once kissed the Quran, the Islamic holy book, before the United Nations and spoke more like a preacher than a statesman when addressing the world.

Raisi, who lost a presidential election to the relatively moderate incumbent Hassan Rouhani in 2017, came to power four years later in a vote carefully managed by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to clear any major opposition candidate.

On 5/20/2024 at 6:56 AM, Nationalist said:

Hamas issued a statement claiming that they have proof that the accident was caused by Israeli sabotage, and, also, 574 Gazan children were aboard the helicopter when it crashed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

There are lots of pictures of the crash site.

I think he's questioning the idea that they just accidentally hit a mountain rather than some other mechanical failure perhaps artificially induced :)

Having said that as an x-pilot myself Who actually lost friends in training due to do a crash and a Mountaintop in bad weather I can tell you it happens. There's nothing worse for a pilot than a cloud with a rock in it