Canada needs a female leader

On 4/23/2024 at 1:02 PM, ExFlyer said:

Kim Campbell was Muloney's version of Christia Freeland....waaaay up the Pm's butt to know any better. No mind of her own, just a PM's hand puppet.

She would have been horrific.

I disagree, she had a good record as a minister and think she could have done well as a PM.

On 4/23/2024 at 12:52 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Her biggest mistake was to acknowledge in the middle of her campaign that unemployment will remain double digits in Canada till the end of century at a time that the nation needed hope not despair.

Her tendency to speak her mind was one of her failings as a politician. Telling people things they don’t want to hear won’t get many votes.

25 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I disagree, she had a good record as a minister and think she could have done well as a PM.

Well, i do not see anything she has not done that has not come from the PM.

Freeland has been a parrot at best and normally just a ventriloquists dummy. She does not speak unless she is looking at the PM (when he is there) and off a script if he is not.

I am sorry but I feel she is Liberal Justins version of Ontario's McGuinty and Wynne, same person wearing different clothes LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

I don’t think good political leadership has anything to do with gender.  I oppose all appointments that use gender or some other factor that has nothing to do with skills, experience or character as a criterion.

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Freeland has been a parrot at best and normally just a ventriloquists dummy. She does not speak unless she is looking at the PM (when he is there) and off a script if he is not.

I am sorry but I feel she is Liberal Justins version of Ontario's McGuinty and Wynne, same person wearing different clothes LOL

Freeland, the “freeze their bank accounts” wannabe fascist.  No thanks.

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t think good political leadership has anything to do with gender.  I oppose all appointments that use gender or some other factor that has nothing to do with skills, experience or character as a criterion.

Freeland, the “freeze their bank accounts” wannabe fascist.  No thanks.

I never once said that I even endorse Rona Ambrose, should the Conservatives ever wake up. She would have blown Justin out of the water first time out LOL

The problem in todays politically correct environment is that having breasts, wearing a turban, changing gender, wearing hajib, skin colour is far more important than qualifications.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I never once said that I even endorse Rona Ambrose, should the Conservatives ever wake up. She would have blown Justin out of the water first time out LOL

The problem in todays politically correct environment is that having breasts, wearing a turban, changing gender, wearing hajib, skin colour is far more important than qualifications.

Yes and once most people realize that some groups are clearly being favoured, we will see all the groups that are being “de-centred” push back on all fronts: voting, court challenges, protests, financial sanctions, etc.  It hadn’t started yet because most people bought into the US “George Floyd proves police are racist” narrative, or the “ground penetrating radar finding anomalies means there was genocide” narrative, or the “pride flags and gender affirmation are only about inclusion and don’t signal promotion of alternative sexual orientations and non-biological genders” narrative.

People are waking up to the ideological capture of university admissions, hiring at almost all midsize and large companies, and messaging at educational institutions.  People are seeing the pushes that they didn’t agree to support.  They’re seeing how our governments have funded and supported this mess.  If I catch a whiff of any candidate spewing such nonsense, I immediately oppose that person.  I don’t even care if they have other strengths, because the woke rot is what’s destroying our democracy and economy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I guess you could say that of any minister, the PM is their boss. She did a good job as justice minister and her proposed firearms legislation was far superior to the long arms registry fiasco and current bans with the supposed buy back that the Liberals are botching.

On 4/23/2024 at 12:15 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It seems things are not going well in Canada in this century. We need a female Prime Minister.   

Empowered Women is empowered world.

Nonsense.  The problems in Canada have nothing to do with what gender the PM is.  The Prime Minister must be chosen by who is the best person for the job, not by what gender they are.

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Nonsense.  The problems in Canada have nothing to do with what gender the PM is.  The Prime Minister must be chosen by who is the best person for the job, not by what gender they are.

So, following your logic, Justin Trudeau has been the best person for the job for the past 9 years??

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

So, following your logic, Justin Trudeau has been the best person for the job for the past 9 years??

You have a twisted mind.  You love to try to smear me and will lie at the drop of a hat.

Edited by blackbird

32 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I guess you could say that of any minister, the PM is their boss. She did a good job as justice minister and her proposed firearms legislation was far superior to the long arms registry fiasco and current bans with the supposed buy back that the Liberals are botching.

Huh? The firearms thing is still in limbo and will die there. And, it is Justin, not freeland that initiated and approved it for passage. Both are liberal fiascoes.

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You have a twisted mind.  You love to try to smear me and will lie at the drop of a hat.

Hmmm, let me quote you "The Prime Minister must be chosen by who is the best person for the job, not by what gender they are. "

You said it and I responded "following your logic, Justin Trudeau has been the best person for the job for the past 9 years?? "

What is twisted about that?

I am not "smearing" you, just repeating your words back at you. Seems you can "smear" yourself LOL

25 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Hmmm, let me quote you "The Prime Minister must be chosen by who is the best person for the job, not by what gender they are. "

You said it and I responded "following your logic, Justin Trudeau has been the best person for the job for the past 9 years?? "

What is twisted about that?

I am not "smearing" you, just repeating your words back at you. Seems you can "smear" yourself LOL

LOL  You are lying through your teeth.  NOwhere did I suggest Trudeau was the best person for the job the past nine years.  In fact, he was the worst.  Worse than worse.

We know what your motive is.   You lie like Trudeau does constantly.

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

LOL  You are lying through your teethNOwhere did I suggest Trudeau was the best person for the job the past nine years.  In fact, he was the worst.  Worse than worse.

We know what your motive is.   You lie like Trudeau does constantly.

Yes you did.

Let me quote you again ""The Prime Minister must be chosen by who is the best person for the job, not by what gender they are. "  and considering Justin was chosen by the people, he must be the best person...by your own words.

Seems to me you got both feet stuck in your bucket of shit words LOL

• Haha 1

Calm down and get real.

No, I never suggested Trudeau was the best person for the job.  I said the PM must be the best person for the job.  That means not chosen by gender.  That's all I meant.  But you chose to interpret it differently.  That's your twisted thinking that must always find some excuse to accuse someone.

Trudeau was obviously not the best person for the job, although those who voted for Liberals thought he was.  They were wrong.

In our Parliamentary system, we are subject to the whims of the people who have proven they are not qualified to choose the right PM. That is the weakness of democracy.  However, it is better than a dictatorship.   Ideally the PM would be the best person for the job, but that is not how it always turns out.

Edited by blackbird

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Trudeau was obviously not the best person for the job, although those who voted for Liberals thought he was.  They were wrong.

Erin O'Toole was the best person for the job. Unlike Sheer or Poilievre, Erin at least had a career before enteering politics.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Erin O'Toole was the best person for the job. Unlike Sheer or Poilievre, Erin at least had a career before enteering politics.

I think you liked Erin O'Toole because he was more of a liberal. 

I believe he ran for leadership on the party's platform which was to oppose the carbon tax.  Then after he was elected as party leader, he surprised the party by reversing himself and supporting carbon taxes.  Can't be trusted.  Glad he lost the leadership.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What kind of dumbass thing is that to say?  Justin had a career before politics - look how that turned out.

That's like saying "This surgeon has 20 years experience being a surgeon, but I'm going with the guy who's only got 10 years because he used to be a plumber and obviously it's important to have a job outside of your expertise"

What is the job position we're talking about here? Chief politician. What's the best experience for being a politician? Being a politician.

Although harper had a degree in economics most of his working life was as a politician. He was one of the best leaders this country has ever had by almost every metric.

If you liked O'Toole then you liberals should have voted for him. Now you're going to get Pierre and you're probably going to get him for Three terms, two at least.

You all forgot you already have a female party leader to vote for.

Elizabeth May.

So if the sex of the PM is more important than their policy, vote Green.

And BTW I would've had to really search my soul for any redeeming quality that would've made me think of voting for Kim Campbell.

On 4/23/2024 at 3:40 PM, Aristides said:

Would't hurt. I think Campbell would have made a pretty good PM but she inherited the Mulroney government baggage and put too much trust in the incompetents running the Conservative campaign.  

Campbell was, according to Mulroney, among others, too busy shacking up with her Russian lover to pay much attention to that campaign. She made many missteps and misstatements and blew the lead she had.

Just now, I am Groot said:

Campbell was, according to Mulroney, among others, too busy shacking up with her Russian lover to pay much attention to that campaign. She made many missteps and misstatements and blew the lead she had.

She was terrible on all kinds of fronts.  Honestly she would have been a terrible leader. And she was arrogant enough to think she could win without support in the west.

She's a horrible person these days, she'll happily take a cheque to bad mouth current conservatives and past conservatives as well.

Canada dodged a bullet with her.

• Like 1

I am not so sexist as to assume a female would be any way better or worse than a male leader. To vote for someone simply because they're female, or to make them leader simply because they're leader would be absurd. I see no females on the political scene who strike me as ready to be the leader of anything.

I might point out that every provincial leader we've seen has been an incompetent failure from coast to coast. So have the NDP female leaders. 

8 hours ago, Aristides said:

Her tendency to speak her mind was one of her failings as a politician. Telling people things they don’t want to hear won’t get many votes.

Particularly when you tell them an election is not the time to discuss complicated policies. 

8 hours ago, Aristides said:

She was destroyed when she accepted the job of Finance Minister, a job she was absolutely unqualified for. And her sweeping denials of any responsibility for anything have not endeared her to the population. She is as disliked as Trudeau now.

• Like 1