Anti semitism all the rage on US college campuses

• West changed the title to Anti semitism all the rage on US college campuses

Charlottesville was enough to drive a media narrative against Trump for a lifetime... the left still brings it up as does Biden. 

And yet... for all the disgusting and wrong rhetoric surrounding what happened there, many of these "protests" for what is essentially Hamas are just as bad and happening almost daily now, it seems. 

3 hours ago, West said:

Yale university students prevent a Jewish man from entering the school by forming a human wall.

Which is the student being "blocked"? I don't see anyone trying to get past the "chain."

3 hours ago, User said:

Charlottesville was enough to drive a media narrative against Trump for a lifetime... the left still brings it up as does Biden. 

And yet... for all the disgusting and wrong rhetoric surrounding what happened there, many of these "protests" for what is essentially Hamas are just as bad and happening almost daily now, it seems. 

Too bad you have NO EVIDENCE for your gratuitous claim that ANYONE is protesting FOR HAMAS instead of the for Palestinian victims of ethnic cleansing.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Which is the student being "blocked"? I don't see anyone trying to get past the "chain."

LOL are you serious?  There's chains being formed to block Jewish students across different US campuses.  We don't know exactly why this chain was formed or where the Jewish student was trying to access, but it's very clear they're trying to block that Jewish student from going somewhere.

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

LOL are you serious?  There's chains being formed to block Jewish students across different US campuses.  We don't know exactly why this chain was formed or where the Jewish student was trying to access, but it's very clear they're trying to block that Jewish student from going somewhere.

I googled "Block Jewish students" and only came back with Twitter accounts alleging this. That said, there are plenty of reputable sources that are documenting anti Semitic incidents and indeed even in Canada, they protest in Jewish neighbourhoods.

I don't think that the public is charged with condemning terrorists but we are charged with holding our fellow citizens to account for such racist behaviour.

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

Too bad you have NO EVIDENCE for your gratuitous claim that ANYONE is protesting FOR HAMAS instead of the for Palestinian victims of ethnic cleansing.

In 100 days, the Rwandan Hutus murdered 800,000 Rwandan Tutsis. THAT is ethnic cleansing. The Hutus had rifles.  They didn’t have bombs, or fighters, or precision munitions. They didn’t have victims densely packed into an urban center.  

So you are obviously lying when you call this ethnic cleansing. If Israel intended to kill all two million of them, they’d be dead.  

The nationwide SJP group is pro-Hamas.  I can prove it.  

6 hours ago, robosmith said:

Leaving aside who you think is right or wrong in the regional conflict between Israel and Palestine on the other side of the world, that still does not excuse forming a chain to block a person from entering a school because of their heritage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

Is being obtuse in your responses your big schtick here, like, do you really think that will win a discussion? It just comes across as dishonest and lazy. 

You don't need to see someone trying to get past a chain to understand they have formed a chain that blocks students. You can also easily google this or if you pay any attention to the news at all, see students are getting arrested for blocking students...

"At Yale, university and New Haven police officers removed the protesters camped outside the Schwarzman Center on Monday and blocked entry to Beinecke Plaza. "
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yale-students-demonstrators-detained-amid-pro-palestinian-protest/

Yet again... if you pay attention to any of the garbage they are chanting:

Call me crazy, that seems pretty obvious... 

So, do you have any other lazy stupid comments for me?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes, I am serious and you ARE NOT. What is "that Jewish student" wearing?

You're UNABLE to identify "that Jewish student" you CLAIM is "very clear." LMAO

13 hours ago, User said:

Oh it gets better than that. Joe basically said there are fine people on both sides. Bet that doesn't make the nightly news.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebound said:

In 100 days, the Rwandan Hutus murdered 800,000 Rwandan Tutsis. THAT is ethnic cleansing. The Hutus had rifles.  They didn’t have bombs, or fighters, or precision munitions. They didn’t have victims densely packed into an urban center.  

So you are obviously lying when you call this ethnic cleansing. If Israel intended to kill all two million of them, they’d be dead.  

Israel is not done yet.

Ethnic cleansing is not JUST killing minorities, it ALSO means evicting or otherwise displacing them.

Members of Netanyahu's government have stated they want the entire Gaza and West Bank for Jewish residents.

5 hours ago, Rebound said:

The nationwide SJP group is pro-Hamas.  I can prove it.  

Maybe SOME CHAPTERS ARE.

As an advocacy group, SJP at the University of Chicago is committed to a core set of principles to which it expects its members to adhere. While the Palestinian people must ultimately be able to decide their future in Palestine, certain key principles grounded in international law, human rights law, and basic standards of justice are fundamental to a just resolution for the Israel-Palestine issue. These principles include the full decolonization of all illegally held Palestinian lands, the repatriation of Palestinian refugees in accordance with the Right of Return, an end to all discriminatory laws and systems targeting the indigenous Palestinian population, and a total end to the occupation of Palestine.

Just as SJP at the University of Chicago condemns the discrimination underlying the policies and laws of Israel’s colonization of Palestinian land, SJP at the University of Chicago rejects and condemns all other forms of hatred, intolerance, or discrimination against any religious, racial, or ethnic group. This group is committed towards overcoming anti-Semitic sentiments towards both Arabs and Jews in every community.

Rooting its strength in the diversity of its membership, SJP at the University of Chicago welcomes individuals of all backgrounds to join in solidarity with the struggle for freedom and justice in Palestine.

Edited by robosmith

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Then how do we know he said it? Because you said so? I need sources for such things. 

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-798318

Well... because it was reported on. 

Biden condemns ‘antisemitic protests,’ and ‘those who don’t understand’ Palestinians in echo of Trump ‘both sides’ remark

https://nypost.com/2024/04/22/us-news/biden-condemns-antisemitic-protests-those-who-dont-understand-palestinians-in-echo-of-trump-both-sides-remark/

“I condemn the antisemitic protests, that’s why I’ve set up a program to deal with that,” Biden told reporters following a Virginia event marking Earth Day, without specifying to what program he was referring.

“I also condemn those who don’t understand what’s going on with the Palestinians.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, User said:

Biden condemns ‘antisemitic protests,’ and ‘those who don’t understand’ Palestinians in echo of Trump ‘both sides’ remark

https://nypost.com/2024/04/22/us-news/biden-condemns-antisemitic-protests-those-who-dont-understand-palestinians-in-echo-of-trump-both-sides-remark/

“I condemn the antisemitic protests, that’s why I’ve set up a program to deal with that,” Biden told reporters following a Virginia event marking Earth Day, without specifying to what program he was referring.

“I also condemn those who don’t understand what’s going on with the Palestinians.”

Okay, well that explains it somewhat. Thank you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, User said:

Except it's NOT an "echo" of what Trump actually STATED.

And your Murdoch owned NYP tabloid trash site has NO CREDIBILITY just like FOS LIES.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Okay, well that explains it somewhat. Thank you.

Just cause NYP calls it an "echo" doesn't make it ACCURATE. It is a right wing propaganda site.

31 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Except it's NOT an "echo" of what Trump actually STATED.

And your Murdoch owned NYP tabloid trash site has NO CREDIBILITY just like FOS LIES.

Just cause NYP calls it an "echo" doesn't make it ACCURATE. It is a right wing propaganda site.

The purpose of citing the NYP was just to show you what Biden said. Are you really disputing he said that? Will it make you feel better if I get you another source so you can't play this dishonest game of trying to discredit the source instead of dealing with the facts?

Edited by User

7 minutes ago, User said:

The purpose of citing the NYP was just to show you what Biden said. Are you really disputing he said that? Will it make you feel better if I get you another source so you can't play this dishonest game of trying to discredit the source instead of dealing with the facts?

The issue is NOT what Biden said, it is the THE FALSE CHARACTERIZATION by NYP. Duh

Edited by robosmith
  • Downvote 1