More proof that Republicans are Putin’s useful idi*ts

Today Republican members of congress voted once again to help Putin conquer Ukraine by voting against badly needed aid 112-101 with one abstention. Led of course by Chief Putinista and walking punchline MTG,  certified know-nothing and unhinged kook. Fortunately Democrats voted for the aid and it passed by a final margin of 311-112. They also voted to ban Chinese-controlled Tik Tok,  something Trump was once outspokenly for until one of its billionaire investors paid him a private visit and now suddenly the idea is unthinkable to Republicans. 

All in all a nice day of losses for the Putin-China axis through its GOP proxies. 

Edited by BeaverFever

Couple o' quick questions for ya:

1) Which political party was in the WH when Putin snatched up Crimea?

2) Which political party was in the WH when Putin took over the southeastern quarter of Ukraine?

3) Which political party was in the WH when islamic state was formed, and then went on to conquer Iraq and Syria, and commit genocide there?

4) Which political party was in the WH when Iran launched 200 attacks on American troops and bases in the ME, without facing any consequences? 

5) Which political party was in the WH when Al Qaeda killed 13 US soldiers at the Debacle of Kabul?

6) Which political party was in the WH when Iranian soldiers captured a US navy boat and forced all the sailors onto their knees

7) Which political party was in the WH when Gaza and Israel went to war in 2014, 2021 and 2023-'24?

FYI the answer is the same to all 7: it was the Dems who were in power when the US was busy biting the pillow and the world was going to sh1t in all those instances. 

1) Which political party was in the WH when islamic state was destroyed far more quickly than was thought possible by the previous WH administration?

2) Which political party was in the WH when US forces killed 2 of Iran's top generals in retaliation for killing a single American military contractor at a US embassy? 

3) Which political party was in power when 200 Russians were greased while advancing on a US military base, with no reprisals? 

4) Which political party was in the WH when 4 of the leaders of the world's foremost terrorist orgs were obliterated?

FYI the answer is the same to all 4: it was the the GOP (Trump) in power when the US was busy forcing all those terrorist orgs and rogue states to bite the pillow. 

I guess that a question American voters need to ask themselves this November is, who do they want to see chewing on pillows for the next 4 years: America, or its enemies? 

What were you saying there Beavey?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Today Republican members of congress voted once again to help Putin conquer Ukraine by voting against badly needed aid 112-101 with one abstention. Led of course by Chief Putinista and walking punchline MTG,  certified know-nothing and unhinged kook. Fortunately Democrats voted for the aid and it passed by a final margin of 311-112. They also voted to ban Chinese-controlled Tik Tok,  something Trump was once outspokenly for until one of its billionaire investors paid him a private visit and now suddenly the idea is unthinkable to Republicans. 

All in all a nice day for the Putin-China axis to wrack up losses through its GOP proxies. 

In what way are the Republicans being a bunch of useless idi0ts for Putin? I watch CNN, MSNBC and even FOX NEWS and they are all anti-Putin. America must be anti-Putin because America has already given tens of billions of American taxpayer dollars to the corrupt Zelensky regime in Ukraine to help fight Putin.

The useful idi0ts here are lefty liberal democrat fools like you that keep trying to blame Putin for what Bidumb is actually doing. Bidumb is supporting a crooked and racket globalist regime in Ukraine. Putin is trying to end Zelensky and his corrupt WEF globalist government. Just my opinion of course. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Couple o' quick questions for ya:

1) Which political party was in the WH when Putin snatched up Crimea?

2) Which political party was in the WH when Putin took over the southeastern quarter of Ukraine?

3) Which political party was in the WH when islamic state was formed, and then went on to conquer Iraq and Syria, and commit genocide there?

4) Which political party was in the WH when Iran launched 200 attacks on American troops and bases in the ME, without facing any consequences? 

5) Which political party was in the WH when Al Qaeda killed 13 US soldiers at the Debacle of Kabul?

6) Which political party was in the WH when Iranian soldiers captured a US navy boat and forced all the sailors onto their knees

7) Which political party was in the WH when Gaza and Israel went to war in 2014, 2021 and 2023-'24?

FYI the answer is the same to all 7: it was the Dems who were in power when the US was busy biting the pillow and the world was going to sh1t in all those instances. 

1) Which political party was in the WH when islamic state was destroyed far more quickly than was thought possible by the previous WH administration?

2) Which political party was in the WH when US forces killed 2 of Iran's top generals in retaliation for killing a single American military contractor at a US embassy? 

3) Which political party was in power when 200 Russians were greased while advancing on a US military base, with no reprisals? 

4) Which political party was in the WH when 4 of the leaders of the world's foremost terrorist orgs were obliterated?

FYI the answer is the same to all 4: it was the the GOP (Trump) in power when the US was busy forcing all those terrorist orgs and rogue states to bite the pillow. 

I guess that a question American voters need to ask themselves this November is, who do they want to see chewing on pillows for the next 4 years: America, or its enemies? 

What were you saying there Beavey?

1) We can debate the legitimate mistakes of the Obama administration as well as your selective self-serving history and your omissions. But more importantly NONE OF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD OR THE GOP’S ACTIVE SUPPORT OF PUTIN  

BTW You guys can’t have it both ways, complaining that the Dems ate dangerous warmongers and at the same time they are weak “pillow biters”. Both cannot be true you have to pick a version of reality you believe in and stick with it. 

46 minutes ago, taxme said:

In what way are the Republicans being a bunch of useless idi0ts for Putin? I watch CNN, MSNBC and even FOX NEWS and they are all anti-Putin. America must be anti-Putin because America has already given tens of billions of American taxpayer dollars to the corrupt Zelensky regime in Ukraine to help fight Putin.

The useful idi0ts here are lefty liberal democrat fools like you that keep trying to blame Putin for what Bidumb is actually doing. Bidumb is supporting a crooked and racket globalist regime in Ukraine. Putin is trying to end Zelensky and his corrupt WEF globalist government. Just my opinion of course. 

Yeah but your opinion is batshit. As I clearly stated GOP cranks are trying to help Putin conquer Ukraine by cutting off badly needed military aid. Putin gets his military aid from his allies China, Iran and North Korea, whom you seem to have no problem with, you must think they are the good guys. 

• Like 1

The best part of this vote is that the GOP infighting over it that's tearing the party apart is centred on the opinions of the stupidest douch-bag Republicans have ever produced.  She epitomizes why I often say the right-wing is actually a direction instead of a place.

I'd love to see Trump pick Marjorie Taylor Greene to be his running mate.  It's up there with my desire to see Poilievre hire CdnFox to be his press secretary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Their would have been no Islamic State if Busch 2 hadn't invaded Iraq disbanded the Republican Guard and created a huge power vacuum.

Why do you keep chiming in just to tell lies?

1) The "power vacuum' that you're referencing was created when Obama just instantly pulled out of Iraq.

2) Then when Obama was told that islamic state was growing in power he just said that they were just a jayvee (Jr varsity) terrorist squad and not worth worrying about. 

FYI Islamic state was nothing when Obama became president, and before he left they controlled over 100,000 sq km of territory. That's the size of a large country. 

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article/timeline-the-rise-spread-and-fall-the-islamic-state

• The Islamic State – also known as ISIS, ISIL, or Daesh – emerged from the remnants of al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), a local offshoot of al Qaeda founded by Abu Musab al Zarqawi in 2004. It faded into obscurity for several years after the surge of U.S. troops to Iraq in 2007. But it began to reemerge in 2011. 

16 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

1) We can debate the legitimate mistakes of the Obama administration as well as your selective self-serving history and your omissions. But more importantly NONE OF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD OR THE GOP’S ACTIVE SUPPORT OF PUTIN  

Oh get a grip, pal.

The Russians do what they want when the Dems are in power. SO does the rest of the world. Did you see that list? We both know why you just skipped past it without comment.

We all know how closely the Biden family works with the Chinese gov't, I guess they're in it with the Russians too, we just don't have the proof yet.

BTW You guys can’t have it both ways, complaining that the Dems ate dangerous warmongers and at the same time they are weak “pillow biters”. Both cannot be true you have to pick a version of reality you believe in and stick with it. 

FYI the Dems aren't the first group of humans to start/cause wars they couldn't win. 

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Why do you keep chiming in just to tell lies?

1) The "power vacuum' that you're referencing was created when Obama just instantly pulled out of Iraq.

2) Then when Obama was told that islamic state was growing in power he just said that they were just a jayvee (Jr varsity) terrorist squad and not worth worrying about. 

FYI Islamic state was nothing when Obama became president, and before he left they controlled over 100,000 sq km of territory. That's the size of a large country. 

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article/timeline-the-rise-spread-and-fall-the-islamic-state

• The Islamic State – also known as ISIS, ISIL, or Daesh – emerged from the remnants of al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), a local offshoot of al Qaeda founded by Abu Musab al Zarqawi in 2004. It faded into obscurity for several years after the surge of U.S. troops to Iraq in 2007. But it began to reemerge in 2011. 

It isn't a lie at all. Former Republican Guard members made up a good part of Islamic state and similar groups that were opposed by Saddam. The rise of these groups was a direct result of the instability created by the invading of Iraq. Saddam was a pr*ck but at least he was a pr*ck that had been muzzled and on a leash. His Iraq was a counterweight to Iran. Once Iraq was out of the way, Iran was free to go after Israel. 

Edited by Aristides

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

FYI the Dems aren't the first group of humans to start/cause wars they couldn't win. 

Yeah but who would have ever imagined we'd see the day when so many Americans would cozy up to a new improved Russian Empire ruled with an iron fist by a former KGB officer?

Actually now that I think about it, Jerry Pournelle.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It isn't a lie at all. Former Republican Guard members made up a good part of Islamic state and similar groups that were opposed by Saddam. The rise of these groups was a direct result of the instability created by the invasion of Iraq. Saddam was a pr*ck but at least he was a pr*ck that had been muzzled and on a leash. His Iraq was a counterweight to Iran. Once Iraq was out of the way, Iran was free to go after Israel. 

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It isn't a lie at all. Former Republican Guard members made up a good part of Islamic state and similar groups that were opposed by Saddam. The rise of these groups was a direct result of the instability created by the invading of Iraq. Saddam was a pr*ck but at least he was a pr*ck that had been muzzled and on a leash. His Iraq was a counterweight to Iran. Once Iraq was out of the way, Iran was free to go after Israel. 

Is there any reason to believe the secular democracy emerging in Iran that the US snuffed in 1953 would have had any reason to be belligerent towards Israel? I can't see any myself.

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Is there any reason to believe the secular democracy emerging in Iran that the US snuffed in 1953 would have had any reason to be belligerent towards Israel? I can't see any myself.

Who knows. That secular democracy might not have lasted 75 years. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Oh get a grip, pal.

The Russians do what they want when the Dems are in power. SO does the rest of the world. Did you see that list? We both know why you just skipped past it without comment.

We all know how closely the Biden family works with the Chinese gov't, I guess they're in it with the Russians too, we just don't have the proof yet.

LMAO it’s obvious what you’re trying to do, simpleton.  

This thread is about the undeniable fact that the Republican party is now overrun by a faction that openly supports, aids and abets  Putin, the number one enemy of America and the West. WE BOTH KNOW WHY YOU JUST SKIPPED RIGHT PAST IT WITHOUT COMMENT You are desperately trying to change the subject to…anything…

image.gif.08f87490855fac939e34c60988346f43.gif

I could easily argue with your revisionist gaslighting Iraq bullshit, about what did or didn’t happen ten years and 2 presidents ago during the unnecessary Republican-invented war which will forever be remembered as yet another disastrous GOP scandal. But since your real agenda is to change the subject from you Putin-supporting nut-jobs in Congress like MTG, Im not going to indulge you.  

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Who knows. That secular democracy might not have lasted 75 years. 

It was certainly worth a shot compared to what we got. I know it's just a bunch of woulda coulda shoulda...but that only leaves me wondering what we should be paying attention to now that we'll be wishing we'd done differently in the future.

Lest we forget it was the Republicans who saw fit to put Iran on its original path to dysfunction.

To deter Russia.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Yeah but who would have ever imagined we'd see the day when so many Americans would cozy up to a new improved Russian Empire ruled with an iron fist by a former KGB officer?

Actually now that I think about it, Jerry Pournelle.

I should have also said GW Bush, he practically gushed about looking deep into Putin's eyes.

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It was certainly worth a shot compared to what we got. I know it's just a bunch of woulda coulda shoulda...but that only leaves me wondering what we should be paying attention to now that we'll be wishing we'd done differently in the future.

Lest we forget it was the Republicans who saw fit to put Iran on its original path to dysfunction.

To deter Russia.

Oh, I agree. Hard to imagine it being worse than what we wound up with. I just don't think you can take anything for granted in that part of the world. Certainly not democracy. Same goes for Russia, all they have ever known is a strong man to tell them what to do, whether it be a Czar, First Secretary or a dictator like Putin. 

Yes, Eisenhower. 

Edited by Aristides

With Republicans Like These, Who Needs Russian Propaganda?

Some far-right members of Congress seem to be parroting Vladimir Putin’s talking points. That doesn’t mean anti-Ukraine conspiracy theories can’t be homegrown.

Molly OlmsteadApril 20, 20245:50 AM

Earlier this month, Republican Texas Rep. Michael McCaul, the head of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, told Puck News that Russian propaganda had “infected a good chunk of my party’s base.” Several days later, another Republican, Rep. Michael Turner of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said he agreed. “Anti-Ukraine and pro-Russia messages, some of which we even hear being uttered on the House floor,” Turner told CNN, are “directly coming from Russia.”

It was a notable moment—and a telling one, as the House gets ready for a contentious vote on aid to Ukraine. The vote is being loudly protested by far-right politicians including Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who is pushing to oust House Speaker Mike Johnson from his role over the issue.

It’s not the first time Republican lawmakers have accused their colleagues of essentially being Russian pawns. But as far-right rabble-rousers in the Republican Party have increasingly advocated against continued support of Ukraine—and even some mainstream Republicans no longer interpret Russian aggression as a ruthless threat to democracy and the international order—the most extreme lawmakers appear to be mirroring the Kremlin’s own propaganda.

Last Monday, Greene told Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast that Ukraine was waging a “war against Christianity” and Russians “seem to be protecting” the religion. The idea of Russia as a great (white) Christian nation has been percolating in right-wing thinking for more than a decade, despite Russia’s history of suppressing non-Orthodox Christianity and exerting power over the Russian Orthodox Church.

But Greene didn’t limit herself to praising Russia’s religious nationalism on Bannon’s show: She cited, as fact, anti-Ukraine disinformation that “the Ukrainian government is attacking Christians” and “executing priests.” This prompted former Rep. Ken Buck, another Republican, to call Greene “Moscow Marjorie” on CNN.

And indeed, this assertion does mirror Russia’s own talking points about Ukraine. (In actuality, the crimes Greene accused Ukraine of committing are crimes Russian forces have perpetrated.) But whether the Kremlin’s own talking points are being piped into the brains of right-wing American politicians—or just bear a striking similarity to the new isolationist rhetoric of the far right—is a matter of interesting debate.

…..

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/04/ukraine-russia-congress-johnson-republicans-marjorie-greene-putin-propaganda.html

Appeals court upholds conviction of GOP operative who steered Russian money to Trump camp

Jesse Benton played leading roles in the presidential campaigns of Ron and Rand Paul and worked briefly as Mitch McConnell’s campaign manager.

conviction of veteran Republican campaign operative Jesse Benton for steering an illegal Russian contribution to Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

Benton, who played leading roles in the presidential campaigns of Ron and Rand Paul and worked briefly as Mitch McConnell’s campaign manager, helped facilitate an improper $25,000 payment to the Trump camp and the Republican National Committee on behalf of Roman Vasilenko, a Russian national who had approached another GOP operative, Doug Wead, about his interest in meeting an American celebrity. When he was unable to get an audience with Oprah Winfrey, Steven Seagal or Jimmy Carter, the operative suggested Trump.

Benton then arranged for Vasilenko to attend a join Trump-RNC fundraiser in Philadelphia, where the Russian took a picture with the soon-to-be president. Vasilenko used the photos to burnish his reputation in Russia “including speaking on Russian TV about President-elect Trump and his attitudes toward Russia.”

Benton — who was pardoned by Trump in 2020for other campaign finance crimes in the final weeks of Trump’s term — was convicted by a jury in late 2022 of six felonies related to the contribution and falsified campaign finance records. U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden, a Trump appointee, sentenced Benton to 18 months in prison, and records indicate he is due for release in June. Both Ron and Rand Paul — the former Texas representative and current Kentucky senator, respectively — wrote letters on Benton’s behalf at sentencing, decrying the impact that a jail sentence would have on his family.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/19/trump-russian-money-appeals-court-00153339

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

Ok but the Dems aren't the poster children for staying away from foreign wars.  Kennedy and Johnson had Vietnam, Clinton and Carter funded and deployed third world wars.

The theory of containment is alive and well.  That's why we find proxy wars... Russia was never going to be a NATO partner.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok but the Dems aren't the poster children for staying away from foreign wars.  Kennedy and Johnson had Vietnam, Clinton and Carter funded and deployed third world wars.

The theory of containment is alive and well.  That's why we find proxy wars... Russia was never going to be a NATO partner.

Of course Russia was never gonna be a NATO partner. That would have removed the purpose of NATO.

18 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

All in all a nice day of losses for the Putin-China axis through its GOP proxies. 

The real threat is the democrat party. It's why my attention is right where it needs to be; right here in the good ol' US of A, ;)