Prime Minister acknowledges most religious holidays – except Good Friday

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-prime-minister-acknowledges-most-religious-holidays-except-good-friday

It was a snub of biblical proportions that did not go unnoticed by Canada’s 19 million Christians.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, after all, would never miss offering good wishes to any other religion at the start of their most sacred holidays.

For Ramadan he posted on X: “This Ramadan comes at an anxious time for the Muslim and Arab community. When I joined them for their Iftar in Vancouver, I heard their worries firsthand – about family and friends in Gaza, and about feeling vulnerable here at home – and I let them know they’re supported.”

On the Hindu holiday he wrote: “Diwali reminds us that truth, light, and goodness will always prevail. To celebrate that hopeful message and mark this important festival, I joined a virtual celebration earlier this evening. Happy Diwali to everyone celebrating!”

In the past for the Sikh’s holiest holiday he has posted: “Vaisakhi is a time to focus on what matters – family, friends, and being there for our neighbours” and wishing “Sikh Canadians celebrating a very happy Vaisakhi.”

So what did Canada’s prime minister post to honour Good Friday?

Nothing.

The only X post on the national holiday was about $10-a-day child care.

• Like 1

This isn't going to play well in quebec.

He claims to be catholic but he very clearly hates Christians. Barely a peep while churches burned, Not a word about easter.  Supports removing religious exemptions from hate speech laws.

Vatican-Pope-Good-Friday.thumb.webp.b71fbfd14c6105a7d455d6a45c936950.webp

Judgy Pope is NOT impressed, Justin.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Christians are not a small enough minority to acknowledge. They are 1/2 of the Canadian population.

Well we know that's a part of it but honestly - i think it's more intentional.  I think they're thinking that 47 percent of Canadians AREN'T christian and they're hoping to deliberately look like they're snubbing Christians to cozy up to those people in the hopes they'll be able to pull them together in part of a new intersectional coalition to win the next election.

In other words - once again the left is turning one group against another hoping a culture war will produce votes.

As a result of 10 years of this Canada has become divided - probably irrevocably so.

Just now, CdnFox said:

Well we know that's a part of it but honestly - i think it's more intentional.  I think they're thinking that 47 percent of Canadians AREN'T christian and they're hoping to deliberately look like they're snubbing Christians to cozy up to those people in the hopes they'll be able to pull them together in part of a new intersectional coalition to win the next election.

In other words - once again the left is turning one group against another hoping a culture war will produce votes.

As a result of 10 years of this Canada has become divided - probably irrevocably so.

Whomever gets ya the votes.... that is the political game.

BTW, what was PP's Easter message?

17 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Whomever gets ya the votes.... that is the political game.

BTW, what was PP's Easter message?

Pretty much the same as always.  He always does a speech like this.  But he also does a very heartfelt video message for diwali, ramadan etc etc. wishing them the very best and acknowledging their beliefs.

It's ok to do nothing - it's ok to do something for everyone - it's wrong to pick favorites and segregate people.

32 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Pretty much the same as always.  He always does a speech like this.  But he also does a very heartfelt video message for diwali, ramadan etc etc. wishing them the very best and acknowledging their beliefs.

It's ok to do nothing - it's ok to do something for everyone - it's wrong to pick favorites and segregate people.

What is X?

X  marks the spot?

Elon Musk and Trumps uber conservative chat room??

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Googling, I see multiple YouTube videos with Trudeau's Easter message, so this is likely more hysterical meowing.

Good to know.

cdnfux showed PP was on X LOL

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Googling, I see multiple YouTube videos with Trudeau's Easter message, so this is likely more hysterical meowing.

But not his gov't. And trudeau is the gov't at the moment. 

But as usual - your reply to a very important and sensitive issue is "why are they making a big deal of this" - which is NOT your reply when it's a left wing issue of similar nature.

It's a big deal when the gov't refuses to acknoweldge a religion as they just did.  It's a snub.  It's saying they don't believe that religion is legitimate or that it's people are important.

I know - i know. You have been clear that you fully support the gov't repressing or insulting anyone you don't like. Which is fine - but don't whine if a future gov't treats you and yours the same.

I watched the CBC news but did not see Trudeau's Easter message.  

I was able to find it on youtube.

But very few people will watch his message on youtube.

I have not watched CTV news this Easter (Sunday) morning, but if it is not being broadcast on the main television networks in the country, you might as well say it is not being broadcast.   Very few people watch youtube so that really counts as nothing.

Will check CTV news later today and see if it appears on there.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I have not watched CTV news this Easter (Sunday) morning, but if it is not being broadcast on the main television networks in the country, you might as well say it is not being broadcast.   Very few people watch youtube so that really counts as nothing.

It still wouldn't be a gov't message.

The gov't of Canada released messages for all the major religions  on their important holidays.  But for Christians it was just 'happy march holiday'.

No getting around it - that's a deliberate snub.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

But not his gov't. And trudeau is the gov't at the moment. 

But as usual - your reply to a very important and sensitive issue is "why are they making a big deal of this" - which is NOT your reply when it's a left wing issue of similar nature.

It's a big deal when the gov't refuses to acknoweldge a religion as they just did.  It's a snub.  It's saying they don't believe that religion is legitimate or that it's people are important.

I know - i know. You have been clear that you fully support the gov't repressing or insulting anyone you don't like. Which is fine - but don't whine if a future gov't treats you and yours the same.

Lemme see.

You said "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, after all, would never miss offering good wishes to any other religion"

"So what did Canada’s prime minister post to honour Good Friday?

Nothing."

2 people told you Trudeau had given an Easter message and it was on YouTube

Now you say the "government did not but Trudeau is the government"? Huh?

Caught in another BS circle eh?? LOL

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

So we go from "Trudeau doesn't acknowledge a Christian holiday" to "The networks don't rebroadcast it"... but I thought the networks exist to make Trudeau look good ?

So confusing...

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Lemme see.

Sigh.  I'm going to have to explain it slowly to you aren't I. I can see this coming.

You said "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, after all, would never miss offering good wishes to any other religion"

Actually what i said was "The gov't of Canada released messages for all the major religions  on their important holidays.  But for Christians it was just 'happy march holiday'.

I was very clear that i was noting the prime minister's gov't's actions.  Not Justin's personal actions.

Pretty simple.  While trudeau may have personally put something up, as prime minister his gov't did not.  He is the prime minister and there is no gov't message.

Sigh. Such a simple concept - so much effort to explain it.

27 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sigh.  I'm going to have to explain it slowly to you aren't I. I can see this coming.

Actually what i said was "The gov't of Canada released messages for all the major religions  on their important holidays.  But for Christians it was just 'happy march holiday'.

I was very clear that i was noting the prime minister's gov't's actions.  Not Justin's personal actions.

Pretty simple.  While trudeau may have personally put something up, as prime minister his gov't did not.  He is the prime minister and there is no gov't message.

Sigh. Such a simple concept - so much effort to explain it.

Aha Aha Aha... ya Focked up and got caught . Aha Aha Aha

Lemme see you said "But not his gov't. And trudeau is the gov't at the moment."

Sigh...even when ya F up, you don't see it LOL

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Aha Aha Aha... ya Focked up and got caught . Aha Aha Aha

Was very clear kiddo :)  Long before you posted that i specifically noted the difference between his gov't and him ;) But it is his gov't at the moment. 

Lemme see you said "But not his gov't. And trudeau is the gov't at the moment."

Sure - trudeau's formed the gov't at the moment.

That would be different than say Jaggers or Polievre - who are not the gov't at the moment.

So ALL those two can do is issue personal statements or party statements - they can't issue gov't statements.

Justin runs the gov't - and the gov't chose not to.

Still with us kiddo? Or do I need to get the crayons out :) 

Edited by CdnFox

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

So we go from "Trudeau doesn't acknowledge a Christian holiday" to "The networks don't rebroadcast it"... but I thought the networks exist to make Trudeau look good ?

So confusing...

There is no point in him appearing on television anyway.  He is no fan of evangelical Christians;  so why pretend on one day?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Was very clear kiddo :)  Long before you posted that i specifically noted the difference between his gov't and him ;) But it is his gov't at the moment. 

Sure - trudeau's formed the gov't at the moment.

That would be different than say Jaggers or Polievre - who are not the gov't at the moment.

So ALL those two can do is issue personal statements or party statements - they can't issue gov't statements.

Justin runs the gov't - and the gov't chose not to.

Still with us kiddo? Or do I need to get the crayons out :) 

Awwww, off your meds again I see LOL

Just used your words....and they bit you in your butt LOL

I meant....I said....I wanted to say....calm down puppy, take a pill and mellow out LOL

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Awwww, off your meds again I see LOL

Just used your words....and they bit you in your butt LOL

I meant....I said....I wanted to say....calm down puppy, take a pill and mellow out LOL

Holy shit kid - you're more excited than you are when santa is coming that you might have somehow finally got the 'upper hand' :) 

I was pretty clear distiguishing his gov't from him personally :)   But sure, if it makes you feel like somehow you 'won' something to pretend otherwise you go ;)  

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Holy shit kid - you're more excited than you are when santa is coming that you might have somehow finally got the 'upper hand' :) 

I was pretty clear distiguishing his gov't from him personally :)   But sure, if it makes you feel like somehow you 'won' something to pretend otherwise you go ;)  

Still confused but when the meds take effect, it will become clear. LOL

You shouldn't stay off them for so long, it really messes you up LOL

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Still confused but when the meds take effect, it will become clear. LOL

You shouldn't stay off them for so long, it really messes you up LOL

Sure kid :)  You're freaking out because you think you can twist the meaning of what i said and I'm the one off his meds :)  You're hilarious :)

It's very very very obvious what i said but technically you could twist it like you want so there you go :)

20 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It was a snub of biblical proportions that did not go unnoticed by Canada’s 19 million Christians.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, after all, would never miss offering good wishes to any other religion at the start of their most sacred holidays.

For Ramadan he posted on X: “This Ramadan comes at an anxious time for the Muslim and Arab community. When I joined them for their Iftar in Vancouver, I heard their worries firsthand – about family and friends in Gaza, and about feeling vulnerable here at home – and I let them know they’re supported.”

On the Hindu holiday he wrote: “Diwali reminds us that truth, light, and goodness will always prevail. To celebrate that hopeful message and mark this important festival, I joined a virtual celebration earlier this evening. Happy Diwali to everyone celebrating!”

====

I agree with his father, This is a private affair.

We Canadians get along.

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

I agree with his father, This is a private affair.

Then why does his gov't recognize and put out a statement for every OTHER religion's holy days?

EIther they should ALL be 'private affairs' or none

We Canadians get along.

Some of us lie to ourselves that we do apperently