Canada's dangerous slide into antisemitism

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

After two thousand years of persecution that ended with the Holocaust that killed about one third of the Jews in Europe, I think they have good reason to feel defensive.

Did you miss the fact that historically Jews have earned much of the animosity directed against them?

4 hours ago, paradox34 said:

Did you miss the fact that historically Jews have earned much of the animosity directed against them?

I would suggest you get the book "God's First Love -- Christians and Jews over two thousand years" by Friedrich Heer.  The back cover says:

"What responsibility do the Christian churches bear for the mass murders of Jews over the past fifteen centuries?

In God's First Love, Friedrich Heer raises the question of the positive guilt of Christianoity in fostering anti-Semitism throughout its history.  He shows that the concepts of Jew-hating and Jew-killing were based on Christian theology, taught by the most eminent fathers of the church, and how the writings of St John and St Paul, St Augustine and Martin Luther, have all been used as the basis of anti-Semitic theory down to the time of Pope John XXIII.

This book of deep historical insight presents a challenge to all Christians, Catholic and Protestant, to work towards a true reconciliation with the essential Jewish origins of their faith.  "

--------------------

My view on this is that much of nominal Christianity and many church fathers misinterpreted Holy Scripture in fostering anti-Semitism.  What happened to "love they neighbour as thyself"?  The world has a history of anti-Semitism.  Nothing justifies that.  In my opinion, ordinary church members did not have Bibles for the most part and were told what to believe by their church leaders who themselves were in darkness.  The church forbade ordinary members from having Bibles.  The Reformation and the invention of the printing press changed that about 500 years ago for Protestants, but many still remained in darkness on the subject of the Jews.  It was fashionable to be anti-Semitic.  It still is today for many people.

To claim Jews historically "earned animosity" is a clear attempt to dodge responsibility and re-write history.  It is not credible.

Edited by blackbird

12 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Oct 7 demonstrated overwhelmingly what Palestinians would do if they had the power to do it.

Oct 7 demonstrated hamas bombing Israel, not invading, and nothing of what you allude. So, hearsay at best and BS mostly.

Even you say "if they had the power", which they did not so you are just perpetuating BS.

10 hours ago, herbie said:

More like "couldn't pass the admissions".....

Can't distinguish between those particular protesters and anyone having anything to do with secondary ed.

Oh, you are saying they are kids not enrolled???

In that many colleges and universities?

I think you are falling into a conspiracy hole LOL

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Oct 7 demonstrated hamas bombing Israel, not invading,

Not invading? Are you saying the thousands of fighters, sometimes accompanied by eager civilians, who crossed into Israel to rape, torture and murder children, women, men and old people is a 'false flag' or something like that? It didn't happen? 

and nothing of what you allude. So, hearsay at best and BS mostly.

What I 'alluded' to was they killed everything that moved. They were on a slaughterfest, and their own videos showed the glee with which they conducted their anti-Jewish pogrom. Are you saying they made it up? Are you saying if they had ten times as many people and better weapons they wouldn't have succeded in slaughtering thousands more innocent people?

Even you say "if they had the power", which they did not so you are just perpetuating BS.

No, I am explaining the mindset of religious fanatics full of hate, who have been indoctrinated since childhood to believe the highest attainable goal for them is martyrdom. 

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

Not invading? Are you saying the thousands of fighters, sometimes accompanied by eager civilians, who crossed into Israel to rape, torture and murder children, women, men and old people is a 'false flag' or something like that? It didn't happen? 

What I 'alluded' to was they killed everything that moved. They were on a slaughterfest, and their own videos showed the glee with which they conducted their anti-Jewish pogrom. Are you saying they made it up? Are you saying if they had ten times as many people and better weapons they wouldn't have succeded in slaughtering thousands more innocent people?

No, I am explaining the mindset of religious fanatics full of hate, who have been indoctrinated since childhood to believe the highest attainable goal for them is martyrdom. 

I am telling you one last time. Palestinians have as much right to protest and stand for their territory as Israel.

If they nuke the entire region, it would not upset me. The region and it's 2 peoples have been at it for thousands of years and it will not stop until someone stops them both

Done.

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

historically

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

I would suggest you get the book "God's First Love -- Christians and Jews over two thousand years" by Friedrich Heer.  The back cover says:

"What responsibility do the Christian churches bear for the mass murders of Jews over the past fifteen centuries?

In God's First Love, Friedrich Heer raises the question of the positive guilt of Christianoity in fostering anti-Semitism throughout its history.  He shows that the concepts of Jew-hating and Jew-killing were based on Christian theology, taught by the most eminent fathers of the church, and how the writings of St John and St Paul, St Augustine and Martin Luther, have all been used as the basis of anti-Semitic theory down to the time of Pope John XXIII.

This book of deep historical insight presents a challenge to all Christians, Catholic and Protestant, to work towards a true reconciliation with the essential Jewish origins of their faith.  "

--------------------

My view on this is that much of nominal Christianity and many church fathers misinterpreted Holy Scripture in fostering anti-Semitism.  What happened to "love they neighbour as thyself"?  The world has a history of anti-Semitism.  Nothing justifies that.  In my opinion, ordinary church members did not have Bibles for the most part and were told what to believe by their church leaders who themselves were in darkness.  The church forbade ordinary members from having Bibles.  The Reformation and the invention of the printing press changed that about 500 years ago for Protestants, but many still remained in darkness on the subject of the Jews.  It was fashionable to be anti-Semitic.  It still is today for many people.

To claim Jews historically "earned animosity" is a clear attempt to dodge responsibility and re-write history.  It is not credible.

Nobody is persecuted by virtually every peoples on the planet for no reason, particularly not for that long. Hate is exhausting and can not be maintained without an injection of fresh reasons. Israel's current response to the Hamas attack not only reignited that disgust, hatred but has created another generation of  anti-Semites.

On 4/24/2024 at 2:32 PM, Black Dog said:

That's weird because Zionists will frequently argue that the ethnostate is necessary to assure the safety of Jews. Personally, if I lived in such a place I would simply move to one of the dozens of other countries where this would not be a problem.

Thats a bullshit answer...Is that what we should tell the Ukrainians,Syrians, Iraqis,yemen, any other country that has seen conflict...Just move to where it is safer...what if we had that situation in Canada, could you just up and leave, is there no attachment to the place, the nation...

One of the reasons that Israel was created was because most other countries were kicking them out in mass... So where do they move where they are not prosecuted by governments,lobby groups, protest groups, or harassed by others who don't like their faith...

When has it become normal to support terrorist behavior, to openly call for the destruction of a state or nation...we have laws for all of that and yet they are being suppressed or dismissed... 

1 hour ago, paradox34 said:

Nobody is persecuted by virtually every peoples on the planet for no reason, particularly not for that long. Hate is exhausting and can not be maintained without an injection of fresh reasons. Israel's current response to the Hamas attack not only reignited that disgust, hatred but has created another generation of  anti-Semites.

Let me guess Israel should have turned the other cheek...I'm curious how would you have responded to this attack or any of the millions of others that palestine has orchestrated...

It is to bad you and people that think like you do , don't hold the rest of the globe to the same standards...it is much more convenient to pick out one group of people and turn your hate towards them...

When your fighting for your right to exist, to live in somewhat peace...do you really think they care how many anti semites they create, when as you already stated it is a already global thing...

Whatever Israel has done to you or your family must have been terrible that you would openly pick a terrorist state over one that was created because of global persecution...How much more do they have to suffer before they earn your approval...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I am telling you one last time. Palestinians have as much right to protest and stand for their territory as Israel.

If they nuke the entire region, it would not upset me. The region and it's 2 peoples have been at it for thousands of years and it will not stop until someone stops them both

Done.

How in any way is the killing of women and children a means of protest...it was an act of war, by any terms...

16 hours ago, paradox34 said:

Please educate us what have the Jews done historically to deserve the this animosity you declare...must have been epic, i mean Germany was responsible for the deaths of 60 million in one war alone ...wiping out a full 1/3 of all jews globally...and yet today germany is a valued defense partner...lets not for get Russia...because they are sweet hearts as well...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

How in any way is the killing of women and children a means of protest...it was an act of war, by any terms...

How in any way is killing 30000 women and children in hospitals schools and refugee camps a means of ....anything but self righteousness?

Yes, Oct 7 was an act of war but....5 months of retaliation upon a now defenceless population is what???

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh, you are saying they are kids not enrolled???

In that many colleges and universities?

I think you are falling into a conspiracy hole LOL

How did you interpret as that? No, I'm saying the usual flaw is interpreting what some do as a characteristic of all. Which would be a conspiracy hole.

Like in the idea that Hamas murders people, therefore Palestinians are supporting Hamas by protesting being bombed, starved and displaced.

4 minutes ago, paradox34 said:

Nobody is persecuted by virtually every peoples on the planet for no reason, particularly not for that long.

The reason is often as simple as 'they're different' or 'something has gone wrong in our world and we need someone to blame, those guys are kind of outsiders".   Witches were persecuted for hundreds of years and they didn't even exist FFS.

Some people blame the rape victim for looking sexy and 'asking for it' but most sane thinkers realize that's morally bankrupt thinking. You would have to give specific examples for all those times and argue that those examples show that the jews deserved rampant prosecution.

Hate is exhausting and can not be maintained without an injection of fresh reasons

Hate is easy.  It's about the easiest motivational emotion to maintain. It's easier to stay angry than to be happy. Hate will travel around the world while happy is still tying up it's shoes. There are a lot of people who hate other people for generations.  Hate ABSOLUTELY does NOT require 'fresh injections' of anything.

2 hours ago, paradox34 said:

Israel's current response to the Hamas attack not only reignited that disgust, hatred but has created another generation of  anti-Semites.

So israel is the bad guy because they responded to thousands of their men women and children being slaughtered? That's your argument?

Maybe there doesn't need to be palestinian people any more if that's how they think.

5 minutes ago, herbie said:

How did you interpret as that? No, I'm saying the usual flaw is interpreting what some do as a characteristic of all. Which would be a conspiracy hole.

Like in the idea that Hamas murders people, therefore Palestinians are supporting Hamas by protesting being bombed, starved and displaced.

Sorry, mixed messages from you.

Today, Columbia University removed all non Columbia students from it's property and the site looks the same as before. CNN News.

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

And I'm telling you for the last time that immigrants who think raping and torturing women to death constitutes a great victory to celebrate should no longer be immigrants or citizens and should be deported back to the shitholes they came from.

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

How in any way is killing 30000 women and children in hospitals schools and refugee camps a means of ....anything but self righteousness?

And how many of those were hamas fighters? Hamas doesn't release those figures. 10k? 20k? We know a LOT of them are combatants

Do you think it's "Self righteous" for someone to shoot at an enemy military force?

Did you CLAIM to be in the military at one point? Wasn't that the kind of job YOU signed on for?

You're a bit of a hypocrite.  Are you saying that you think our military should ONLY be sent to war if there's no civilians in that country?

Hamas uses civvies as meat shields, that's not the fault of the IDF.  They want to wipe out hamas. That seems pretty reasonable.

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes, Oct 7 was an act of war but....5 months of retaliation upon a now defenceless population is what???

Already explained to you the Hamas count is false news...And your the last person i would expect to explain that  war sucks, and civilians ALWAYS pay the highest price. It is unavoidable.... one can not assault a city filled with people and not expect any civilians to die...

Hamas is still very engaged in ground combat, it is their choice to fight amongst the people of palestine, Israel has already told the globe this will stop when Hamas is destroyed...5 months later they are still fighting, and still a threat to Israel ...not sure how Hamas gets a free pass and Israel is the bad guy here. 

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Today, Columbia University removed all non Columbia students from it's property and the site looks the same as before. CNN News.

As is their right to.

AFAIC I can't actually visualize anyone undertaking a University education marching about celebrating mass murder and kidnapping. How do you get a diploma if you can't even pass Sunday School....

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

And I'm telling you for the last time that immigrants who think raping and torturing women to death constitutes a great victory to celebrate should no longer be immigrants or citizens and should be deported back to the shitholes they came from.

Yeah yeah yeah

I'm telling you for the lats time, nuke the entire region...

45 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Already explained to you the Hamas count is false news...And your the last person i would expect to explain that  war sucks, and civilians ALWAYS pay the highest price. It is unavoidable.... one can not assault a city filled with people and not expect any civilians to die...

Of course, if it is not in your perspective it must be false news.

I read international news and they seem to have similar numbers

For sure civilians die but...when there are so many untrained and non combatants dying, something is off.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Sorry, mixed messages from you.

No problem. You arrest everyone camping out, those who are students get expelled and banned from campus. 

That'll clear the place out soon enough.

19 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

No problem. You arrest everyone camping out, those who are students get expelled and banned from campus. 

That'll clear the place out soon enough.

F'n Ayyyy

Get everyone you don't agree with and throw em in jail LOL

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

F'n Ayyyy

Get everyone you don't agree with and throw em in jail LOL

If you had ever gone to a school you would know that ignoring school rules and refusing to obey them even after you have been repeatedly warned tends to get you expelled and then banned. And if you then return you get arrested.

Is that all too complicated for you to understand or do you need to consult the Iranian embassy to have it explained to you?

On 4/24/2024 at 3:36 PM, I am Groot said:

As in just move illegally? That's more an Arab thing.

Nah that's a West Bank colonizer from Brooklyn move.

And who says there are dozens of countries where they would be safe? Apparently, they're not even safe at elite American universities. 

Are you using the liberal snowflake definition of "safety" now?