Total fossil emissions in the world is only 0.1% to 0.2% of total greenhouse gases

3 hours ago, Black Dog said:

You know that past natural cycles of warming and cooling have been dictated by changes to atmospheric CO2 levels, right?

And the world and mankind, with all of the weather and natural calamities that nature throws at us, humans will still be around today and tomorrow with many more nature blips here and there to come. Give nature a break, will you?

But besides that, you do know that you do appear to be not all that bright all that much at all, eh? Most of us here have already seen as to just how dumb you really can be. Mark Marano tries to explain things and how nature works to dummies like you, but you still refuse to listen to well informed people like Mark.

If CO2 is on the rise, then it will all be due to nature doing what it has always been doing ever since the earth was formed. Remember the great ice age? That was quite the event and disaster, that almost covered all of North America thousands of years ago. But after the great melt, life survived and came back. So, will we humans do the same. We will survive any climate events and carry on. We do not need more bullshit and the wasting of billions more of our tax dollars on this climate crisis bullshit. There is nothing to fear here, folks. Plenty of scumbags make plenty of money off of fools like you. 

There is no climate crisis, dummy. Woke the phuk up, for gawd's sake. Geez, some people's kids? 🙄

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

How can you say that this tax, adding pennies, is the cause of homelessness? It defies the imagination. 

Are housing problems started in earnest 5 to 10 years ago when rents started spiking.

Pennies?  It’s several dollars a fill-up.  It significant.  

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

And the world and mankind, with all of the weather and natural calamities that nature throws at us, humans will still be around today and tomorrow with many more nature blips here and there to come. Give nature a break, will you?

What's your point, freakshow? No one is arguing that climate change is an extinction level event for humanity.

But besides that, you do know that you do appear to be not all that bright all that much at all, eh? Most of us here have already seen as to just how dumb you really can be. Mark Marano tries to explain things and how nature works to dummies like you, but you still refuse to listen to well informed people like Mark.

Who TF is Mark Marano, one of your conspiracy bloggers? Does he, like you, also not understand what condensation is?

If CO2 is on the rise, then it will all be due to nature doing what it has always been doing ever since the earth was formed.

Again, atmospheric CO2 has doubled in the last 100 or so years, which happens to line up with the industrial revolution.

Remember the great ice age? That was quite the event and disaster, that almost covered all of North America thousands of years ago. But after the great melt, life survived and came back. So, will we humans do the same. We will survive any climate events and carry on. We do not need more bullshit and the wasting of billions more of our tax dollars on this climate crisis bullshit. There is nothing to fear here, folks. Plenty of scumbags make plenty of money off of fools like you. 

There is no climate crisis, dummy. Woke the phuk up, for gawd's sake. Geez, some people's kids? 🙄

Again it's funny how you'll believe just about anything just as long as there's no actual scientific evidence for it.

Edited by Black Dog

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Pennies?  It’s several dollars a fill-up.  It significant.  

So its working.

Soon you'll invest in a EV and then you'll be crying more loudly about pronouns or land claims or something woke.  There'll always be something.

25 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

"Ever been to sea Billy . . . ?"

Ever pump the bilge when out of sight of land Mr. Environmental . . . ?

Yes I have, even in the harbour with DFO going by. You've never heard of bilge socks or other measures to deal with oily bilges?  We have planes with equipment that can detect a pumped bilge in the middle of the night out here now. 

Ever written proposals and secured funding for public pump-out stations that can deal with sewage holding tanks as well as bilge water? I have but no one wanted to spring for the bilge-water side of the proposals. As it was local authorities even balked at the sewage pump-outs out of fear people would clandestinely use them to pump their bilges into. So far I'm not aware of any being used inappropriately.  

In the meantime are you trying to say your shit doesn't stink?

What do you do with your old boats by the way? Mine's been cut into pieces and properly disposed of at the landfill and recycling depots. Cost me about 3 grand.  There's 20 other boats just like it on beaches hereabouts.  It didn't cost a dime to dispose of them...yet.  Some estimates place the cost at well over a million.

Now I'm thinking of writing a proposal for our local harbour authority that boats come with a legally binding disposal plan for when their owners are done with them. I'm counting on a lot of push back. Maybe even death-threats.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

So its working.

Soon you'll invest in a EV and then you'll be crying more loudly about pronouns or land claims or something woke.  There'll always be something.

What a “Let them eat cake” attitude.  The lowest end EV’s start at around $50,000, and those ones have lousy ranges that make anything more than short commuting impractical in our cold climate where batteries quickly lose their charges.  Who cares, right?  Poor and low middle income people can eat shit so you can lie to yourself that you’re saving the planet. Again, if you care so much about fighting climate change, you can donate to the cause.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Yes I have, even in the harbour with DFO going by. You've never heard of bilge socks or other measures to deal with oily bilges?  We have planes with equipment that can detect a pumped bilge in the middle of the night out here now. 

Now I'm thinking of writing a proposal for our local harbour authority that boats come with a legally binding disposal plan for when their owners are done with them. I'm counting on a lot of push back. Maybe even death-threats.

Any idea how many prosecutions have been done over illegal discharge of bilge water?  Just curious about jurisdiction and penalties.

On the second part:  you win the interwebs today. IMHO one of the reasons we have SO MUCH problem with waste disposal is that hardly anyone pays or puts in place the life cycle costs of products and projects.   In the oil business, it is normal that when a well is drilled cash bonding must be put in place to cover the cost of plugging and abandoning that includes re-establishing native vegetation cover.   People love to dump on the petroleum industry, but few have a clue what goes on within.  I used to live near what was once a massive nickel mine with electrolytic processing.   It eventually got sold off to a Brazillian company that couldn't stop laughing at how cheap they bought in.  Now that they are facing at least $4Bn in decommissioning costs they have to keep it running hoping tomorrow will never come.  Why wasn't that put in place as a condition of original permitting to cover end-of-life costs?   In so many cases,  the companies are long gone and the cleanup costs will end up on taxpayer's

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Any idea how many prosecutions have been done over illegal discharge of bilge water?  Just curious about jurisdiction and penalties.

Many floating derelicts . . . abandoned, some live aboard, drug/stolen goods dealt . . . sinkers, leaking fuel/oil/? etc. . . . all Federal.  Nothing done.  

eyeball, what was the construction of your boat?  Why so much $$ for disposal?

48 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Many floating derelicts . . . abandoned, some live aboard, drug/stolen goods dealt . . . sinkers, leaking fuel/oil/? etc. . . . all Federal.  Nothing done.  

eyeball, what was the construction of your boat?  Why so much $$ for disposal?

Fibre-glass. Albion hull, a gill-netter converted to a crabber that I used for aqua-culture. Tipping fees for materials that the landfill could accept were the biggest expense. Then recycled fuel and hydraulic tanks, diesel engine old parts etc. some metals. Uncontaminated metal was taken for free.

I forgot to mention another couple thousand for labour. I hired a young go-getter handyman guy I know and outfitted him with a sawsall. Now he lives in his trailer where the boat was parked. He gets cheap rent and I get a handyman. 

We've all heard of micro plastics. The next big thing will be micro glass - microscopic shards of glass that slough off fibreglass boats, especially when they're abandoned on beaches. These literally slice up microorganisms that ingest them from the inside out and they persist a long time.

They're millions of fibre glass boats around the world.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

No idea at all. I've been boarded and  inspected at sea on occassion, in addition to electronic monitoring (when fishing) and human observers (when offloading). Then there are steamship inspections, topside and bottom, crewing and equipment certification...we're kept pretty honest these days, that's fine so long as the boats are working and we can keep up with the cost of it all...boat doesn't mean bring-on-another-thousand for nothing.

As for prosecutions...there was a woman fined for paddle-boarding to close to some killer whales hereabouts one day.

On 4/10/2024 at 12:22 PM, Black Dog said:

What's your point, freakshow? No one is arguing that climate change is an extinction level event for humanity.

Who TF is Mark Marano, one of your conspiracy bloggers? Does he, like you, also not understand what condensation is?

Again, atmospheric CO2 has doubled in the last 100 or so years, which happens to line up with the industrial revolution.

Again it's funny how you'll believe just about anything just as long as there's no actual scientific evidence for it.

Then why all the concern about what i say here, stupid? Ignore it all, stupid. Why do you keep going on? You are still here asking me dumb pkn questions again. What makes you so stoopid anyway? Low on brain cells, maybe? Chuckle. 

Look up Mark Marano on the internet, stoopid. Mark Marano of website Climate Depot knows more about climate change and what is involved with climate change then what your little pea brain will ever know about climate change, stupid. What is wrong with conspiracy bloggers anyway? Did one of them kick you in your lack of brain cells/brain dead head of yours one time to try and knock some sense into your pea brain sized head? 

Again and again and again, i could careless about how much CO2 has doubled or tripled in the last 100 years or so. And just how would you know this personally anyway? Have you done your own personal research on climate change to know this? I bet you have done freak all, stupid? 

Again, what and how would you personally know anything about climate change? Are you an expert or a scientist on climate change? Just because some so called expert or scientist on climate change tells you something, do you believe everything they say? Those two may be on the payroll of the globalists climate change liars and bullshitters to try and make a name for themselves, stupid. That is nothing new, stupid. 🤣

20 hours ago, taxme said:

Then why all the concern about what i say here, stupid? Ignore it all, stupid. Why do you keep going on? You are still here asking me dumb pkn questions again. What makes you so stoopid anyway? Low on brain cells, maybe? Chuckle. 

You are too stupid to understand that people are laughing at you here, even people on your s=de of the ideological spectrum. 

Look up Mark Marano on the internet, stoopid. Mark Marano of website Climate Depot knows more about climate change and what is involved with climate change then what your little pea brain will ever know about climate change, stupid. What is wrong with conspiracy bloggers anyway? Did one of them kick you in your lack of brain cells/brain dead head of yours one time to try and knock some sense into your pea brain sized head? 

Googled him and lmao: 

In April 2009, despite having no formal education in the field of climate science, Morano founded and became executive editor of ClimateDepot.com, a website sponsored by the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT)

People like you are so funny, you'll listen to any rando off the street who tells you what you want to hear.

Again and again and again, i could careless about how much CO2 has doubled or tripled in the last 100 years or so. And just how would you know this personally anyway? Have you done your own personal research on climate change to know this? I bet you have done freak all, stupid? 

"How do you even know things" is such a perfect summary of your mindset. Completely ignorant and unwilling to even try and learn anything.

Again, what and how would you personally know anything about climate change? Are you an expert or a scientist on climate change? Just because some so called expert or scientist on climate change tells you something, do you believe everything they say? Those two may be on the payroll of the globalists climate change liars and bullshitters to try and make a name for themselves, stupid. That is nothing new, stupid. 

So you don't believe me because I'm not personally an expert, but we also shouldn't listen to actual experts either. lol drown yourself in the toilet you living turd.

2 hours ago, Black Dog said:

You are too stupid to understand that people are laughing at you here, even people on your s=de of the ideological spectrum. 

Googled him and lmao: 

People like you are so funny, you'll listen to any rando off the street who tells you what you want to hear.

"How do you even know things" is such a perfect summary of your mindset. Completely ignorant and unwilling to even try and learn anything.

So you don't believe me because I'm not personally an expert, but we also shouldn't listen to actual experts either. lol drown yourself in the toilet you living turd.

Awe, did i make the little lefty liberal snowflake baby cry? That was quite the tantrum you put on above, cry baby?

Too bad, so sad. 🤣