Dumb Tory Move

41 minutes ago, herbie said:

So PP wrote a letter to David Eby suggesting BC turn the Carbon Tax over to the Feds. How stupid is he? BC has had it's own Carbon Tax long before Ottawa even though of it. Of course Eby laughed at the suggestion.

- hand all the revenue to Ottawa and get no influence over it on top of less revenue?
- go along with PP's single issue election platform and had him more federal votes? Lose all revenue for BC on top of all credibility for climate action on BC's part?

He could've just as well sent him a gun and asked Eby to "do the right thing"

There is no 'advantage' or sensible reason for the average BC resident to vote for the Tories federally. Not liking Justin Trudeau is the least intelligent reason to support a Party that does and will act against your own interests.

Single issue huh? :)

Ok sparky :)  

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

BC's carbon tax is just another exercise in wealth redistribution. When it was first brought in, carbon tax revenues were supposed to be offset by reductions in other taxes. Now it just goes into general revenue.

Quite true.  And to be honest the federal tax isn't much better, as noted by the PBO.

That's why eby is freaking out about it - they need the revenue. IT's got nothing to do with the environment at this point.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

There is no 'advantage' or sensible reason for the average BC resident to vote for the Tories federally. Not liking Justin Trudeau is the least intelligent reason to support a Party that does and will act against your own interests

Where have you been hiding the last eight years.  Trudeau has been the worst PM probably in history.  We are in massive debt and spending billions to just pay the interest on the debt.  Not to mention the housing crisis and vast numbers of people depending on food banks for survival. Trudeau has had endless scandals.  We need to axe the tax, start serious home building, and get Canada back on the right path.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, herbie said:

There is no 'advantage' or sensible reason for the average BC resident to vote for the Tories federally. Not liking Justin Trudeau is the least intelligent reason to support a Party that does and will act against your own interests.

It's a pretty good reason.  Justin Trudeau is a clown, and it would be hard to name a PM who's done a worse job than him in Canada's history.  The only one that might compete shares his last name.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Where have you been hiding the last eight years.  Trudeau has been the worst PM probably in history.  We are in massive debt and spending billions to just pay the interest on the debt.  Not to mention the housing crisis and vast numbers of people depending on food banks for survival. Trudeau has had endless scandals.  We need to axe the tax, start serious home building, and get Canada back on the right path.

Living in BC where Ottawa can't Axe the Tax and it's far from the biggest issue in this province.
Where Pipelines and Oil Tankers and offshore oil exploration are not popular causes, weakening environmental regulations is opposed by the vast majority, climate change is obvious to anyone looking out their own window and our individual rights still mean leave us alone and imposing yours on everyone else isn't one of them.
Living in the 250 where we need improved infrastructure that's happens at a glacial pace and won't happen at all under parties that worship fiscal restraint and service cuts as Gospel. With people like you who keep voting Tory in spite of them having never done anything at all for them, the area they live in or the businesses that employ them.

Where have you been? Asleep and dreaming? That voting Conservative because so many of your congregation does that you've been brainwashed into believing they are the ones representing the ideals of your faith? Wake up!

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

The only one that might compete shares his last name.  

You mean as Canada's Greatest Prime Minister? No Justin doesn't have his Daddy's spine.

Edited by herbie
  • Like 2

The dumbest Tory move is not supporting Ukraine. PP now is a slave to Putin, and I am NOT voting for him. Not voting trudeau either, and not sure who to vote for.

However, PP turned his back on Ukraine and I hope he dies.

5 minutes ago, herbie said:

You mean as Canada's Greatest Prime Minister? No Justin doesn't have his Daddy's spine.

During my lifetime, Chretien was the best PM.

19 minutes ago, herbie said:

Some say he has Castro's. Which might explain the way he was said to have treated the Freedom Convoy.

image.png.90168edddb7999eba3bf6eb858612efc.png

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

The dumbest Tory move is not supporting Ukraine. PP now is a slave to Putin, and I am NOT voting for him. Not voting trudeau either, and not sure who to vote for.

So - i take it that booze you were hooked on was cooking sherry :)

PP supports ukraine, but won't vote for a bill that also includes recognizing trans pronouns as part of it. There's a difference.

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

Some say he has Castro's. Which might explain the way he was said to have treated the Freedom Convoy.

That's a dumb comment. When he took so long to act when no one else would and reacted in a Diet Pepsi version of what his Daddy did during the FLQ crisis.
Of course Papa acted on actual terrorists and not a motley handful of disgruntled fools who didn't even know WTF they were exactly protesting and pretended it was vaguely about freeedom.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:44 PM, herbie said:

No, I mean the worst PM we ever had, until his son became PM.  I mean the PM who took us from virtually no debt, to drowning in debt, and who was our worst fiscal manager ever...until his dopey son became PM.  

• Like 2

On 3/16/2024 at 10:49 PM, DUI_Offender said:

FFS don't vote Jagmeet!!! LOL

18 minutes ago, herbie said:

He says, implying the Tories were any better....

When exactly did harper borrow MORE MONEY THAN ALL OTHER PRIME MINISTERS COMBINED?!?!

Oh yeah - never.   Debt to gdp under harper was the envy of the world.

20 hours ago, herbie said:

He says, implying the Tories were any better....

They were.  This isn't a matter of opinion.  Nobody was ever even close to as bad as Trudeau...until we got another Trudeau.