SOTU Address - Opinions

I thought Brandon managed to get through the hour+ speech with minimal gaffs.

Meet Laken Riley.

Student-Laken-Hope-Riley-Found-Dead-on-University-of-Georgia-Campus-022324-e5db1d37e1354244aa4d0de25331026c.thumb.webp.84a953fd8dc3d1cd6857a24b6132faed.webp

Brandon seemed rather angry at times and had to be prodded to address this young girl's murder. He actually said the perp was an "illegal"

How is this murderous bastd an "illegal" yet all the others are "dreamers" or "asylum seekers"?

Overall...I've seen worse from Brandon. He lied a lot about the economy, the border and his failures. But that was to be expected.

Did he rally his troops? Meh...I doubt it but...what do you folks think?

Let the feathers fly...

What stunned us was how a country 34 trillion in debt can tolerate some fool standing up in front of them and throwing trillions more of blatant vote buying out with no apparent consequences.

Thought it ironic that Ukraine was his opening gambit - while I fully realize and agree that Putin MUST be stopped and Ukraine is the place and people that must make the sacrifice to do so, strange none of the babbling, nodding media heads remember the $10mm in his family bank accounts to buy that privilege from the Americans.   Brandon bragging about NATO unity when the only person to bring them to start paying their way was "his predecessor" or whatever SloJoe was calling Trump.

Yeah, he sure lied about the economy and the border - but knowing what I do about his political opponent

Only watched it for a about 20 mins. Biden on steroids twisting the truth, Kamala Harris up and down like a whores drawers.

Biden behaving like an angry old man shouting at clouds. 

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

What stunned us was how a country 34 trillion in debt can tolerate some fool standing up in front of them and throwing trillions more of blatant vote buying out with no apparent consequences.

Can you detail ^this "trillions more of blatant vote buying"? I don't believe you can.

Thought it ironic that Ukraine was his opening gambit - while I fully realize and agree that Putin MUST be stopped and Ukraine is the place and people that must make the sacrifice to do so, strange none of the babbling, nodding media heads remember the $10mm in his family bank accounts to buy that privilege from the Americans.   

Seems you've not heard that the source of ^this allegation (Smirnov) was indicted for lying to the FBI about the $10M by the Trump appointed special prosecutor Weis. AKA, it is a LIE fed to him by Russian intelligence.

Brandon bragging about NATO unity when the only person to bring them to start paying their way was "his predecessor" or whatever SloJoe was calling Trump.

NATO members only started "paying their way" after Putin invaded Ukraine.

If anyone was responsible for NATO unity it was Putin who prompted Finland and Sweden to joint, NOT Trump. 

Yeah, he sure lied about the economy and the border - but knowing what I do about his political opponent

The US economy is #1 in the Western world so suck on that, jealous cannuck.

1 hour ago, Legato said:

Only watched it for a about 20 mins. Biden on steroids twisting the truth, Kamala Harris up and down like a whores drawers.

And yet you're UNABLE to refute ANYTHING he said, cause you weren't paying attention.

Weren't you the guy who said Biden couldn't string together 3 sentences? YOU WERE WRONG.

Please tell us where you got your inside information about "steroids." You are just TROLLING AGAIN.

Not bad.  I don't think it's going to do much - maybe a slight short lived bump in the polling but i doubt it'll be substantial or last more than one polling cycle.

He laid out where hes' going with this campaign, and that was interesting.  His frequent use of the term 'my predecessor' instead of 'trump' was amusing.

So it would look like his attack points are going to be defending abortion and birth control rights, Funding the war in ukraine because trump "bows down" to putin., defending and expanding (maybe?)  social programs and of course -  stopping trump from stealing democracy just like the grinch stole christmas.

He touched on his age - which shows that the dem's polling is showing this is a  serious weak spot. He's going to have to do better on that i think.

It's pretty clear that he wants this to be all about trump.  It's like he wants to run as if trump is still president and we should all be focused on his record of bad things and not biden. Very much a 'pay no heed to the man behind the curtian' routine.

So - we have a pretty good idea where he's going to go. Trump's still stumping for the base so we'll see in a bit what his election strategy will be. I think biden's got a tough sell thought and he's vunerable in a few key areas.

Spoke well and looked decent tho so whatever mortician or undertaker they've got working with him is on point ;) 

39 minutes ago, robosmith said:

And yet you're UNABLE to refute ANYTHING he said, cause you weren't paying attention.

Weren't you the guy who said Biden couldn't string together 3 sentences? YOU WERE WRONG.

Please tell us where you got your inside information about "steroids." You are just TROLLING AGAIN.

He was on a anabolic steroid high, seen it many times when I was a gymnastics coach. I've also seen the comedown effects, not pretty. The heightened aggressiveness was obvious.

15 minutes ago, Legato said:

He was on a anabolic steroid high, seen it many times when I was a gymnastics coach. I've also seen the comedown effects, not pretty. The heightened aggressiveness was obvious.

Sure. I don't have to take steroids to heighten my aggressiveness, so I say YOU'RE TROLLING AGAIN!

yeah, he did a good job. he definitely had a good argument for the middle class. admittedly its a single sided argument during the actual speech. check out Mike Johnsons head bobbing in agreement. he's definitely bobbing in agreement most of the night! even though the GOP voted against most of the stuff Biden was talking about. i found that interesting.

it was also very interesting how quiet the GOP were this time after Johnson demanded constraint as it clearly makes the GOP look like a bunch of loons. of course, space laser lady couldn't possibly contain herself.

but what about the GOP rebuttal? the women most people have never seen before in the kitchen! seemed like a pretty vacant argument without identifying any actual policy. it was definitely the weirdest SOTU rebuttal i've ever seen. Rep Vance on CNN right afterwards did a way better job of rebuttal.

Edited by godzilla

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

Sure. I don't have to take steroids to heighten my aggressiveness

You realize that's not a good thing :) 

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

yeah, he did a good job. he definitely had a good argument for the middle class. admittedly its a single sided argument during the actual speech. check out Mike Johnsons head bobbing in agreement. he's definitely bobbing in agreement most of the night! even though the GOP voted against most of the stuff Biden was talking about. i found that interesting.

it was also very interesting how quiet the GOP were this time after Johnson demanded constraint as it clearly makes the GOP look like a bunch of loons. of course, space laser lady couldn't possibly contain herself.

but what about the GOP rebuttal? the women most people have never seen before in the kitchen! seemed like a pretty vacant argument without identifying any actual policy. it was definitely the weirdest SOTU rebuttal i've ever seen. Rep Vance on CNN right afterwards did a way better job of rebuttal.

You MAY have fallen asleep at some point and been dreaming some of that :) 

3 hours ago, godzilla said:

Johnson was clearly shaking his head "no" whenever Trump was called out for blame.

Probably for an audience of one. 🤮

8 hours ago, Legato said:

Strange then that Fox reported an eyewitness " close to him" (Trump ) saud Trump was uneasy through the whole speech, much more subdued that usual. Of course by the second time it was aired that comment had been edited out, but still a telling illustration.