The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason

The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason.

Immigration has propelled the U.S. job market further than just about anyone expected, helping cement the country’s economic rebound from the pandemic as the most robust in the world.

That momentum picked up aggressively over the past year. About 50 percent of the labor market’s extraordinary recent growth came from foreign-born workers between January 2023 and January 2024, according to an Economic Policy Institute analysis of federal data. And even before that, by the middle of 2022, the foreign-born labor force had grown so fast that it closed the labor force gap created by the pandemic, according to research from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. 

border2.png
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, robosmith said:

An Overwhelming Surge in Illegal Immigration is Worsening the Crisis at the Border

The current situation at the southern border presents a border security and humanitarian crisis that threatens core national security interests and constitutes a national emergency.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/briefings-statements/overwhelming-surge-illegal-immigration-worsening-crisis-border/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Fluffypants said:

Everything is so great a meal at McDonalds is out of reach for many Americans

That's because the Biden administration is tired of private sector dining and wants everyone on special government rations. 

Homelessness, crime, tent cities, feces-covered streets, and drug deaths are rampant - because of Joe Biden's illegal immigration.

Wages are suffering and rents are rising. It's great for people who need cheap labour, or who have slum housing to rent, but it's terrible for low-income Americans. Pelosi, Schumer et al have Joe Biden's illegal immigration to thank for it.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

Everything is so great a meal at McDonalds is out of reach for many Americans

Bullshit.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Homelessness, crime, tent cities, feces-covered streets, and drug deaths are rampant - because of Joe Biden's illegal immigration.

Wages are suffering and rents are rising. It's great for people who need cheap labour, or who have slum housing to rent, but it's terrible for low-income Americans. Pelosi, Schumer et al have Joe Biden's illegal immigration to thank for it.

Really? I live 30 miles from the border and see NONE of what you describe.

You really need to stop depending on FOS LIES for you sole source of news. LMAO

2 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Explain how this justifies allowing ILLEGAL immigration at the levels that have been allowed. You people really think everyone is as stupid as you don't you? 

I know you're far stupider than most posting here. Immigration HELPS the economy. Duh

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Oh, it's roaring alright:

image.thumb.png.7f53aad3aa55565e4454f8035330314d.png

Like WCM, you don't know what you're memming about.

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

I know you're far stupider than most posting here. Immigration HELPS the economy. Duh

Like WCM, you don't know what you're memming about.

Immigration might dip shit but explain why it had to be illegal immigrants you nitwit. If you were only stupid that would be one thing but you're a gutless coward that can't address why the immigrants need to be ILLEGAL. You're intellectually lazy and brain damaged. 

4 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Immigration might dip shit but explain why it had to be illegal immigrants you nitwit. If you were only stupid that would be one thing but you're a gutless coward that can't address why the immigrants need to be ILLEGAL. You're intellectually lazy and brain damaged. 

The amount of legal immigrants allowed is set by LAW and Congress refuses to change the quota, lDIOT Yakker.

For someone that calls others juvenile names, you are totally IGNORANT and have to ask questions cause you don't know jack.

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

12c24fdada3e69fcbd9681c8ce8ac426ac9313b3_2000x2000.thumb.webp.53c91383448b6ac3cc924c08bd4cc2b8.webp

I used to believe you had some intelligence, but I guess you gave up trying.

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

I used to believe you had some intelligence, but I guess you gave up trying.

That doesn't point to a loss in intelligence. I hope you appreciate that. B and C students rule the world for a reason.

They know when to get by or what is a waste of their time and energy, and when to fully apply themselves, judged by my straight As in grade school. 

My C average in high school (when my teachers were insanely incompetent), and being the top of my class in college with straight As, in a career I was highly interested in.

You've literally insulted yourself, while attempting to point to my intelligence.

On 3/1/2024 at 5:08 PM, WestCanMan said:

Let’s get real here. Why don’t Republicans go after the major employers of illegal migrants in America, e.g. farmers, builders, hoteliers etc.? Might it be because many of them are Republicans too? 

Across the United States, employers in the construction industry as well as food service, hospitality and especially agriculture are heavily dependent on undocumented immigrant labor. All the racist immigrant-bashing you hear from Republican candidates like Michels is not just mean-spirited, it’s hypocritical. The Wisconsin road builders whom Michels led know they rely on undocumented immigrants. That’s why they opposed a bill that would take away lucrative contracts if they employed them.

For my new book, “Milked: How an American Crisis Brought Together Midwestern Dairy Farmers and Mexican Workers,” I spent a lot of time with Wisconsin farmers who voted in big numbers for former President Donald Trump, but who also employ undocumented immigrants. By some estimates, undocumented workers, mostly from Mexico, now do 80% of the work on Wisconsin dairy farms. (Because there is no U.S. visa program for year-round, “unskilled” farm work, dairy workers, unlike seasonal farm laborers, are almost all working in the U.S. without documents.)

https://wisconsinexaminer.com/2022/07/21/tim-michels-troubles-expose-republican-hypocrisy-on-immigration/

32 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Let’s get real here. Why don’t Republicans go after the major employers of illegal migrants in America, e.g. farmers, builders, hoteliers etc.? Might it be because many of them are Republicans too? 

So your solution is "Leave the border open, just don't allow Republicans to hire illegal immigrants"?  

blahblahblah

Yeah, people want to hire illegals for dirt cheap. I've said it 1,000 times here.

It hurts wage growth. Thanks for finally acknowledging it, dumbass. 

On 3/1/2024 at 1:37 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Things aren't great right now but at least the exaggeration business is booming.

We're actually in an exaggeration recession compared to the covid years. Stop blowing things out of proportion. 

32 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So your solution is "Leave the border open, just don't allow Republicans to hire illegal immigrants"?  

I think both parties need to be honest on the subject. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/5-questions-about-president-trumps-use-of-undocumented-workers/2019/12/04/29439928-16a2-11ea-a659-7d69641c6ff7_story.html

Why reject a bipartisan bill on immigration? 

32 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Yeah, people want to hire illegals for dirt cheap. I've said it 1,000 times here.

It hurts wage growth. Thanks for finally acknowledging it, dumbass. 

Yes, the law should be obeyed but America has become dependent on work by illegal migrants. Just imagine what would happen to the hospitals etc. down there, not to mention the fruit and vegetables in our stores in Canada, if they were all abruptly sent home one day.

One key change would be to punish those who employ illegals. Otherwise America shows it is not serious about this. 

5 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I think both parties need to be honest on the subject.

Followed by

Why reject a bipartisan bill on immigration? 

Firstly because it's very obviously not bipartisan. If it was it wouldn't be rejected.

Secondly it not only doesn't reduce the problem most republicans see with the border, it makes it worse.  So why would they support that?

And thirdly - it would let biden 'off the hook' for his disaster at the border.  During the election he can say "well we've fixed it now" and when the disaster gets worse he can say 'Hey this was the republican's idea as much as mine"

So your question seems to be why would they reject a primarily democrat bill that solves nothing and could help their opponent win the election.  Well...... 

38 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Everything is wrong with what you just wrote there.

Yes, the law should be obeyed but America has become dependent on work by illegal migrants. Just imagine what would happen to the hospitals etc. down there, not to mention the fruit and vegetables in our stores in Canada, if they were all abruptly sent home one day.

One key change would be to punish those who employ illegals. Otherwise America shows it is not serious about this. 

At the Dems' level it's unsustainable. 

The reason wage growth happened/take-home pay increased under Trump is that illegal immigration was curbed. 

• Like 1