Leftist parrot says that rights come from government and only Christian nationalists believe rights come from God

Gator

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

As Hitchens remarked, we are all atheists about other people’s gods. 

I was just kidding.  Every intelligent person knows that the universe caused itself to come into existence and that life was just a cosmic accident.  

On 2/24/2024 at 1:29 PM, Aristides said:

Rights are a human invention, there is no such thing in nature.

I would prefer not to believe that. If natural rights did exist then they would be universal (or inalienable) and could not be repealed by a majority legislature or a stacked supreme court. The most quoted inalienable right being in the US Declaration of Independence .... the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Edited by suds

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Prove it. 

Where's proof of the claim that's been ascribed to Trump's Christian nationalists?

We need to see that so the differences between everything are obvious  Who's this Christ for example and how does he compare to Trump?

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Where's proof of the claim that's been ascribed to Trump's Christian nationalists?

We need to see that so the differences between everything are obvious  Who's this Christ for example and how does he compare to Trump?

Define "Christian nationalist". 

2 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Define "Christian nationalist". 

Someone who subscribes to nationalism based on religion, in this case Christianity.

Your turn. Explain how our rights are beamed down from Heaven and provide  evidence of who/what is beaming them.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Someone who subscribes to nationalism based on religion, in this case Christianity.

Your turn. Explain how our rights are beamed down from Heaven and provide  evidence of who/what is beaming them.

Word salad that means nothing. 

Well the D of I makes the claim we are endowed by the creator with certain inalienable rights. A lot of this hinges on the extent of our understanding of the words "endowed" and "inalienable". 

The D of I goes into to say that govts are therefore instituted among men to secure those rights. Now again you especially have to understand what "inalienable " means to grasp what's happening there. It goes on that govts derive their "just" powers from the consent of the governed not the other way around. It goes on, and whenever any form of govt becomes destructive to securing those rights it is the right of the people to alter, abolish and institute a new govt. 

39 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Word salad that means nothing. 

Well the D of I makes the claim we are endowed by the creator with certain inalienable rights. A lot of this hinges on the extent of our understanding of the words "endowed" and "inalienable". 

Before that however the D of I assumes the existence of The Endower.

39 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

The D of I goes into to say that govts are therefore instituted among men to secure those rights. Now again you especially have to understand what "inalienable " means to grasp what's happening there. It goes on that govts derive their "just" powers from the consent of the governed not the other way around. It goes on, and whenever any form of govt becomes destructive to securing those rights it is the right of the people to alter, abolish and institute a new govt. 

So why doesn't the Endower simply snap Her fingers and clear up all the confusion and give us the morality we need to understand Her?

Edited by eyeball

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Before that however the D of I assumes the existence of The Endower.

So why doesn't the Endower simply snap Her fingers and clear up all the confusion and give us the morality we need to understand Her?

Yes they called it the creator. 

There is no confusion. You're confused thats not the same at all. 

33 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

There is no confusion.

Then why did you ask me to define the term Christian nationalist for you?

38 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Yes they called it the creator. 

It? Don't you mean They?

I mean at the very least shouldn't you be capitalizing the word It?

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

Then why did you ask me to define the term Christian nationalist for you?

It? Don't you mean They?

I mean at the very least shouldn't you be capitalizing the word It?

Because you have no clue what Christian nationalist means. You've been programmed.

Not i didn't mean they and show me where the founders meant they 

No

5 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Because you have no clue what Christian nationalist means.

So what's your definition? We can compare and perhaps come to an agreement and go from there.

5 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Not i didn't mean they and show me where the founders meant they 

No

It's clear enough the founders meant cis, or Cis I should say.

In consideration of the inclusive times we live in this would better reflect the polytheistic nationalism we now celebrate.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So what's your definition? We can compare and perhaps come to an agreement and go from there.

It's clear enough the founders meant cis, or Cis I should say.

In consideration of the inclusive times we live in this would better reflect the polytheistic nationalism we now celebrate.

I don't have a definition as it's a phrase made up by leftists to marginalize people they disagree with.

What's clear is they used the word, creator. If they meant cis they could have written cis. They didn't. You know what else they didnt write? That govt are the grantors of rights. 

Irrelevant. Government doesn't grant rights to it's citizens. If i have to explain to you why it's a bad idea to think that then we dont need to say anything more to each other. 

5 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

I don't have a definition as it's a phrase made up by leftists to marginalize people they disagree with.

Like the way patriotic Christians use the term woke?  Trump and his evangelical base of support certainly don't act like its a made up phrase.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-says-hell-defend-christianity-from-radical-left-that-seek-to-tear-down-crosses

21 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

What's clear is they used the word, creator. If they meant cis they could have written cis. They didn't. You know what else they didnt write? That govt are the grantors of rights. 

That's right, they specifically said human rights are of supernatural origin and that's nuts.

37 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Irrelevant. Government doesn't grant rights to it's citizens. If i have to explain to you why it's a bad idea to think that then we dont need to say anything more to each other. 

I never said they did. I think people compel governments to recognize that human rights belong to human beings and to guarantee them accordingly.

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

Like the way patriotic Christians use the term woke?  Trump and his evangelical base of support certainly don't act like its a made up phrase.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-says-hell-defend-christianity-from-radical-left-that-seek-to-tear-down-crosses

That's right, they specifically said human rights are of supernatural origin and that's nuts.

I never said they did. I think people compel governments to recognize that human rights belong to human beings and to guarantee them accordingly.

Woke isn't the same. It's not targeting a specific group. Using the the term Christian nationalist is targeting Christians who support trump and it suggests that they are dangerous or a threat to democracy. As if leftist is give a shit about democracy. 

You have to prove it's nuts. 

But govts dont guarantee them. They violate people's rights every day and sadly many American nitwits happily sure def their rights to the govt. Govts are insured to secure rights not guarantee them. When the govt is taking away my rights who do I complain to? The govt? Really? 

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2024 at 1:54 PM, herbie said:

People took those rights, demanded them. Often by force.
Governments & rulers surrendered them and some even acknowledged those rights.
God had S.F.A. to do with it.

Why do you always parrot Satan?  God is omnipotent.  No matter what you say, you will one day find out you are dead wrong.  You are as a speck of dust in the universe and your life is as a vapour that will come and go.  You need to get down on your knees and ask God to be merciful to you.  Read the New Testament and be born again.  That is your ONLY hope.  Jesus is Lord.

Edited by blackbird

On 2/24/2024 at 10:29 AM, Aristides said:

Rights are a human invention, there is no such thing in nature.

God has laid out the ten commandments and guidance for mankind in his written word, in English, the King James Bible. 

The western world developed it's belief in human rights from Judeo-Christian civilization down through the centuries.  

Rights are not a human invention.  Humans are fallible and sinful.  Some humans did over time recognize the value of the individual and they respected that everyone has certain rights.  But that is more a result of the human conscience that God gave man.  Then later God taught man through his Holy Scripture right from wrong.  Man on his own has always proven a failure.  Without God there is no hope.