Leftist parrot says that rights come from government and only Christian nationalists believe rights come from God

Gator

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I just did. Nature won’t give two figs for your imaginary rights. They are a human invention.

I'm down and fully prepared for every man for himself. Are you? 

Edited by Yakuda

21 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

I'm down and fully prepared for every man for himself. Are you? 

No, I’m just pointing out that the notion of rights is a human invention and have nothing to do with a god.

Rights vary and change according to how humans interpret them.

Edited by Aristides

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

No, I’m just pointing out that the notion of rights is a human invention and have nothing to do with a god.

Rights vary and change according to how humans interpret them.

No they aren't. No normal person wants to be a slave least of all those who were in favor of enslaving others. 

That's precisely the problem. 

18 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

No they aren't. No normal person wants to be a slave least of all those who were in favor of enslaving others. 

That's precisely the problem. 

Yes they are, different societies have different interpretations of rights, we even have courts that interpret our own rights and occasionally change them.  BTW, slavery is also a human invention. Almost half of the delegates who wrote the US constitution were slave owners including the first, third and fourth presidents. 

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Yes they are, different societies have different interpretations of rights, we even have courts that interpret our own rights and occasionally change them.  BTW, slavery is also a human invention. Almost half of the delegates who wrote the US constitution were slave owners including the first, third and fourth presidents. 

I don't care about "societies" I care about America. AGAIN the belief that man can change rights is precisely the problem. 

And not one of them would want to have been a slave themselves. Humans have inherent rights and humans with power have infringed on those rights since humans first walked the earth. The fact humans have infringed on the inherent rights.if other human is not evidence that rights are "man made". That's not only wrong it's idiocy. 

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

I don't care about "societies" I care about America. AGAIN the belief that man can change rights is precisely the problem. 

And not one of them would want to have been a slave themselves. Humans have inherent rights and humans with power have infringed on those rights since humans first walked the earth. The fact humans have infringed on the inherent rights.if other human is not evidence that rights are "man made". That's not only wrong it's idiocy. 

Humans only have the rights other humans allow them. Women just lost a right when the SCOTUS overturned Roe vs Wade. There is no such thing as an inherent right.

40 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Humans only have the rights other humans allow them. Women just lost a right when the SCOTUS overturned Roe vs Wade. There is no such thing as an inherent right

That's has nothing to do with our God given rights. What right? Sure there is. It's already been pointed out to you. The fact that humans violate the rights of others doesnt mean they are no inherent or God given rights. You're conflating two different ideas. 

Just now, Yakuda said:

That's has nothing to do with our God given rights. What right? Sure there is. It's already been pointed out to you. The fact that humans violate the rights of others doesnt mean they are no inherent or God given rights. You're conflating two different ideas. 

Who wrote "God's rights" if not humans? 

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

So a human puts a monkey in a zoo, therefore the human created the monkey. 

Of course not. I'll ask again, who wrote "God's Right's"? What does god's hand writing look like. Let's see his signature on a piece of paper. Rights are continually being re defined by humans because humans created them. 

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Of course not. I'll ask again, who wrote "God's Right's"? What does god's hand writing look like. Let's see his signature on a piece of paper. Rights are continually being re defined by humans because humans created them. 

So again if I write on a piece of paper, "I saw a cow." then my writing was the cow. Got it. 

Edited by Yakuda

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

If you write on a piece of paper. "God said this" doesn't make it the words of any god. Got it.

I'll type slowly for you. No person wants to be a slave not even a person who is in favor of slavery. This would suggest there is an inherent desire in humans to free. It's not taught to anyone but it exists in everyone. Unless you're brain damaged it's a truth that exist across humanity. To observe that fact and to write it down is the same as saying human create that right to liberty. It's pure idiocy to say human create that. 

Edited by Yakuda

Just now, Yakuda said:

I'll type slowly for you. No person wants to be a slave not even a person who is in favor of slavery. This would suggest there is an inherent desire to free. It's not taught to anyone but it exists in everyone. Unless you're brain damaged it's a truth that exist across humanity. To observe that fact and to write not down is the same as saying human create that right. It's pure idiocy to think that. 

Every right you have came from legislation written by humans and can be changed by humans. God has nothing to do with it. Equal rights do not exist across humanity. Your truth is your own.

16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Every right you have came from legislation written by humans and can be changed by humans. God has nothing to do with it. Equal rights do not exist across humanity. Your truth is your own.

So then it what you say is true stop whining that women no longer have a right to kill babies.  Don't whine if slavery is reinstituted or the right to bite is stripped away. They are man made and you get what you deserve. You don't even have a right to complain about not unless humans tell you you can. Your position is untenable but you can't even recognize it. It's sad to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

So then it what you say is true stop whining that women no longer have a right to kill babies.  Don't whine if slavery is reinstituted or the right to bite is stripped away. They are man made and you get what you deserve. You don't even have a right to complain about not unless humans tell you you can. Your position is untenable but you can't even recognize it. It's sad to watch. 

I'm not against rights, I just know where they come from. You go on about women killing babies but all you are doing is removing one persons right and giving it to something else. That's you doing it, not a god so at least accept responsibility and not palm it off on some god.

58 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I'm not against rights, I just know where they come from. You go on about women killing babies but all you are doing is removing one persons right and giving it to something else. That's you doing it, not a god so at least accept responsibility and not palm it off on some god.

But you are against rights. If humans create rights then they can destroy them and by your understanding if rights come from humans you  have no cause to complain about it. To even think you have a right to complain about it would suggest humans don't actually create rights. It's not surprising you cant see the flaw in your own logic. 

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

But you are against rights. If humans create rights then they can destroy them and by your understanding if rights come from humans you  have no cause to complain about it. To even think you have a right to complain about it would suggest humans don't actually create rights. It's not surprising you cant see the flaw in your own logic. 

Sure you can complain about it. Why wouldn’t you complain about losing a right. You can only keep the rights you are prepared to defend. God has nothing to do with it and religions have been more likely to restrict rights they don’t agree with than defend them.

14 hours ago, Aristides said:

Sure you can complain about it. Why wouldn’t you complain about losing a right. You can only keep the rights you are prepared to defend. God has nothing to do with it and religions have been more likely to restrict rights they don’t agree with than defend them.

But by your logic unless humans give you the right to complain you have no right to complain. To assume you can complain about your rights being taken away is assuming you have a right no should be able to infringe upon. It's actually funny to watch you. You enjoy the benefits of a society based on the principles.of God endowed rights but you've bought the nonsense that the govt gives them to you. You seem like a smart person but it's hilarious that you can't see your own dilemma. 

Edited by Yakuda

14 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

But by your logic unless humans give you the right to complain you have no right to complain. To assume you can complain about your rights being taken away is assuming you have a right no should be able to infringe upon. It's actually funny to watch you. You enjoy the benefits of a society based on the principles.of God endowed rights but you've bought the nonsense that the govt gives them to you. You seem like a smart person but it's hilarious that you can't see your own dilemma. 

God didn’t give you the rights you have today, humans did and they can also take them away if you are not prepared to defend them yourself. Humans could take any right you have away and god wouldn’t lift a finger to help you get it back.

I have no dilemma, I live in the real world.

Next you are going to tell me god wrote the second amendment.

Edited by Aristides

21 minutes ago, Aristides said:

God didn’t give you the rights you have today, humans did and they can also take them away if you are not prepared to defend them yourself. Humans could take any right you have away and god wouldn’t lift a finger to help you get it back.

I have no dilemma, I live in the real world.

Next you are going to tell me god wrote the second amendment.

According to you have no right to defend your rights since humans give them to you and can take them away. You only have the rights humans give you. To think you could defend your rights yourself is to suggest you have rights not given to you by humans. It's amazing how blind you are to your own biological argument.